Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

CLICK HERE to see posts in last 24 hours

Welcome to Mainly Military modelling. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Mojo...or lack of it at the moment
Topic Started: Jun 2 2018, 01:48 PM (109 Views)
mac1677
Member Avatar
Lt Mac 'Shocker' McSheffrey
Hi guys,
Some of you may have noticed my lack of posts recently. Well I have been suffering from modellers block and at the moment I cant even bring myself to look at a kit let alone build one, I have no idea how long this will go on for...I just hope not too long :angry:

I will keep popping in from time to time to see all the great builds.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Olde Farte
Member Avatar
Lt. Derek 'Smurfy' Reeve
We've all been there mate, it does help sometimes to build something out of your normal routine.
Edited by Olde Farte, Jun 2 2018, 02:39 PM.

beowulf
Member Avatar
Lt. Paul 'Red Dog' Rose
all been there indeed

i dont fight it, go away and do something else, keep checking in to see whats happening, the urge returns at some point

Simon G
Member Avatar
heavy weatherer
Sooner or later something will spark you back into it, I echo that probably the best thing is not to stress about it, just enjoy what you are spending your time on instead!

jelly071
Member Avatar
Rivet Counter
it will come back mate

snapper655
Member Avatar
Gun Monkey
having much the same problem at the mo. :bang:

mac1677
Member Avatar
Cheers guys, its been nearly 4 weeks now so hopefully it wont be to much longer. Later on today I am going to have a shuftie through my stash to see if anything whets my appetite, lets hope so :whistle

Simon G
Member Avatar
heavy weatherer
mac1677
Jun 3 2018, 05:33 AM
Cheers guys, its been nearly 4 weeks now so hopefully it wont be to much longer. Later on today I am going to have a shuftie through my stash to see if anything whets my appetite, lets hope so :whistle
On the basis that every cloud and all that, if your lack of interest becomes entrenched and you want to offer you stash up at a knock down price . . . . :whistle :grin:

Olde Farte
Member Avatar
Lt. Derek 'Smurfy' Reeve
Simon, you are such a mercenary so and so................ :whistle :whistle :rolf :rolf :rolf :rolf :rolf :rolf :rolf I like your style though.

Go to your stash Chris, shut your eyes and pull something out and ignore Simon.

mac1677
Member Avatar
Simon G
Jun 3 2018, 07:16 AM
if your lack of interest becomes entrenched and you want to offer you stash up at a knock down price
I am looking at selling off about half my stash Simon, about 200 kits, I just have to go through them and decide what to keep :grin:

Del, I went to the stash and grabbed a kit, Revell 1/72 Messerschmitt P.1099, I have made some headway and will post some pictures later :cool

Olde Farte
Member Avatar
Lt. Derek 'Smurfy' Reeve
Blimey Chris not something I've heard of so looked it up, interesting subject.

Simon G
Member Avatar
heavy weatherer
mac1677
Jun 3 2018, 02:00 PM
I am looking at selling off about half my stash Simon, about 200 kits, I just have to go through them and decide what to keep :grin:
That's never an easy thing to do. I think it's a bit like giving up smoking, you have to do it mentally before you do it physically. I've culled my stash a couple of times but just end up buying up the same kits all over again because I haven't really accepted the principle of only having the kits I need, not the ones I want!

Disorder
Member Avatar
Lt Paddy 'Chancer' Boyle
Hope the P1099 gets the mojo flowing again Chris.
I'm in the same boat at the minute, as well. Haven't done any modelling in weeks. Hopefully soon though :whistle

Olde Farte
Member Avatar
Lt. Derek 'Smurfy' Reeve
Simon G
Jun 3 2018, 04:10 PM
mac1677
Jun 3 2018, 02:00 PM
That's never an easy thing to do. I think it's a bit like giving up smoking, you have to do it mentally before you do it physically. I've culled my stash a couple of times but just end up buying up the same kits all over again because I haven't really accepted the principle of only having the kits I need, not the ones I want!
I found it hard but only have 36 now, all big 48th and plenty of resin.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · Modelling Chat · Next Topic »
Add Reply