Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

CLICK HERE to see posts in last 24 hours

Welcome to Mainly Military modelling. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
New Lens!!!
Topic Started: Jun 5 2018, 03:51 PM (63 Views)
Mark M
Member Avatar
Hawk T1
Well today ive been playing with my new lens, i say new its second hand but im happy

its a Sigma 150-500 its mainly for trips out spotting but these are from my modelling bench window

10ft

Posted Image

accoring to 360radar 36000ft!!!!

Turkish Airlines A330-303

Posted Image

UR-82008 An-124 100m-150 18000ft

Posted Image
Edited by Mark M, Jun 5 2018, 04:49 PM.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

DH764
Member Avatar
Totally Tonkas Bonkas !!
:cool
I recently got a Nikon D5200 and upgraded to a 70-300VR ....cant wait to properly test it at CBY or similar :cool

Andy

Mark M
Member Avatar
Hawk T1
well if you ever fancy a trip and meet up let me know, with my shifts im free at least 2 week days every week

peebeep
Member Avatar
resin fondler
The Sigma 150-500 is a good bit of kit, I bought one for Mrs B which she uses a lot on birding expeditions.

Disorder
Member Avatar
Lt Paddy 'Chancer' Boyle
Very nice. Nice shots as well.

Olde Farte
Member Avatar
Lt. Derek 'Smurfy' Reeve
I've got my old Canon point and press, does that count? Oh and it's got lenses as well................................ :rolf

Seriously though to capture photos like that must be wonderful.

peebeep
Member Avatar
resin fondler
Del, compact and bridge cameras can be very useful. I have a Canon Powershot bridge camera that I like to carry with me when travelling light. I used it to capture this image of a skylark at Abberton reservoir last Sunday.

Posted Image

Olde Farte
Member Avatar
Lt. Derek 'Smurfy' Reeve
I/we have never been photographers Paul and in the days of film we always laughed about how it would take at least 2 years of holidays to fill a roll, we did make up for it when we went to Oz and Hong Kong in 1990 for a month and actually filled 4 rolls, yep a whole 4. Mark and I have a mutual mate and some of his photos are amazing with the minute detail he captures.

PS. I love the Skylark photo and we used to hear them all the time when I was a kid on Canvey but haven't heard one for years now.
Edited by Olde Farte, Jun 6 2018, 10:18 AM.

Nikon User
Member Avatar
"BEAVER"
DH764
Jun 5 2018, 05:29 PM
:cool
I recently got a Nikon D5200 and upgraded to a 70-300VR ....cant wait to properly test it at CBY or similar :cool

Andy
I have a Nikon 70-300VR and would highly recommend it. I have found that at air shows it doesn't quite have the zoom "reach" I'd like, especially for solo aircraft. The Sigma 50-500 would be on my wish list, but I don't do enough photography now to justify it.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · General Photography · Next Topic »
Add Reply