Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

CLICK HERE to see posts in last 24 hours

Welcome to Mainly Military modelling. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
I Feel the Need!
Topic Started: Jun 12 2018, 05:56 PM (88 Views)
Mark M
Member Avatar
Hawk T1
well for my GB im going to build a Tomcat, however im not sure which one im going to build, im hoping to get some old decal plans i have printed

Posted Image
Posted Image

Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

mac1677
Member Avatar
Lt Mac 'Shocker' McSheffrey
Nice choice :cool :cool I have the Italeri version which I plan to do as an Iranian bird.

Olde Farte
Member Avatar
Lt. Derek 'Smurfy' Reeve
Last time I felt the need the missus clocked me one.................... :whistle

I like the Tomcat and the idea of an Iranian one would be different and you now have a choice of the original desert camo or the new modern (lovely) greys which are being applied after each major upgrade.

DevilFish
Member Avatar
LCDR Paul "Voodoo" Carter
It does amaze me that, even after years of having no support whatsoever, the Iranians have managed to keep the Tomcats flying, let alone upgraded them!

Olde Farte
Member Avatar
Lt. Derek 'Smurfy' Reeve
There was an article in 'Combat Aircraft' magazine a few months ago about them and there have been some upgrades with technical assistance from the Russian Federation for radar and electronics, strip downs and rebuilds but they still carry the old weapon set up with unused and also reverse engineered AIM-54s and a couple of the Russian AAMs. They also carry a new desert splinter camo as well as the greys.

Interesting article here. https://theaviationist.com/2015/03/01/iriaf-f-14s-overhauled/
Edited by Olde Farte, Jun 13 2018, 08:55 AM.

Disorder
Member Avatar
Lt Paddy 'Chancer' Boyle
Looking forward to that.

DevilFish
Member Avatar
LCDR Paul "Voodoo" Carter
Olde Farte
Jun 13 2018, 08:51 AM
There was an article in 'Combat Aircraft' magazine a few months ago about them and there have been some upgrades with technical assistance from the Russian Federation for radar and electronics, strip downs and rebuilds but they still carry the old weapon set up with unused and also reverse engineered AIM-54s and a couple of the Russian AAMs. They also carry a new desert splinter camo as well as the greys.

Interesting article here. https://theaviationist.com/2015/03/01/iriaf-f-14s-overhauled/
Wow! I bet the Russians loved getting their hands on an F-14, even if they are not used anywhere else.

That would make an interesting build, fitted with Russian missiles!

Mark M
Member Avatar
Hawk T1
maybe the second one but my first will be USN, im still trying to get my top gun decals printed to a good quality but if not she will be OOB for now

mac1677
Member Avatar
Lt Mac 'Shocker' McSheffrey
Del, here are the decals I have, and I am leaning towards one of the grey options :cool

Posted Image

Posted Image

Olde Farte
Member Avatar
Lt. Derek 'Smurfy' Reeve
Oh nice Chris, my favourite colour.

One of the Russian missiles is the R-73A and if you want some I have a few complete with the correct launch rails if you want them and would be carried in the same place as the Sidewinders.
Edited by Olde Farte, Jun 14 2018, 10:51 AM.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · Pussy Galore GB · Next Topic »
Add Reply