Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

CLICK HERE to see posts in last 24 hours

Welcome to Mainly Military modelling. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
My Lynx obsession
Topic Started: Aug 5 2018, 05:44 PM (53 Views)
Beaver
Member Avatar
"BEAVER"
Hello, my name is Nigel and I have a Lynx obsession...

Having had a decent break from building for quite a while, it appears I'm back with a bang. June, July and now August have produced four new helicopters, including these bad boys;

Posted Image

The top and centre models (Royal Danish Navy Mark 90 and Army Air Corps AH1GT - with an interesting story behind the colour scheme) will be completed this week and I'll post photos in the appropriate section when I have them. The dark camouflaged HAS.2 at the front is completed and is my entry into the Pussy Galore GB.

The moral of the story is that for anyone who's mojo has deserted them as mine did - be patient - it's well worth it once returned.

Regards,

Nigel
:grin:
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Disorder
Member Avatar
Lt Paddy 'Chancer' Boyle
Wow, they look great together. :clap:

Mark M
Member Avatar
Hawk T1
Awesome mate
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

madon37s
Member Avatar
Plastic fiddler
I really like the Lynx helicopter it's a great shape and I believe still holds the world record for speed.

Lovely models mate and I do rather like the royal blue one :cool

Beaver
Member Avatar
"BEAVER"
madon37s
Aug 5 2018, 07:22 PM
I really like the Lynx helicopter it's a great shape and I believe still holds the world record for speed.

Lovely models mate and I do rather like the royal blue one :cool
The Lynx certainly does still hold the World Helicopter Speed record!

G-LYNX, the current holder (since 1986) resides in The Helicopter Museum at Weston-Super-Mare.

XX153, the first of the two Lynx to hold the World Record (in 1972) is preserved and displayed at the Museum of Army Flying at Middle Wallop.

DLG Dave
Lt Dave 'Wraith' Carter
Posted Image

That's me in 1986. Sailing out of the Virgin Islands. HMS Glamorgan. Lynx was named 'Sting' at the time.

I just can't remember having hair now. Just a distant memory...

mac1677
Member Avatar
Lt Mac 'Shocker' McSheffrey
Nikon User
Aug 5 2018, 05:44 PM
The moral of the story is that for anyone who's mojo has deserted them as mine did - be patient - it's well worth it once returned.
Sage words Nigel, I have just started building again after my mojo vanished, 4 builds in a week...I am back baby :yipee

Great looking trio of Lynx, looking forward to finding out about the camouflage of the Army cab :cool

Olde Farte
Member Avatar
Lt. Derek 'Smurfy' Reeve
Well, you have got your mojo back with a bang Nigel, nice to see you building again and with finishes like these I think a few more Lynxs are in order.

Beaver
Member Avatar
"BEAVER"
As DLG Dave has been brave enough to post a Lynx photo with a personal connection, here I am - also when I had some hair - at Antwerp Airport in 1980 with AH1 XZ209.

Posted Image

Unfortunately, the trip from Detmold in West Germany to the UK was so we could say goodbye to a friend and colleague who was close to death with cancer in Woolwich hospital.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
« Previous Topic · Modelling Chat · Next Topic »
Add Reply