Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

CLICK HERE to see new posts in last 24 hours

Welcome to Mainly Military modelling. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Hi Everyone
Topic Started: Jan 29 2012, 08:16 PM (165 Views)
LightningMk6
Member Avatar
Plastic fiddler
Hi there folks, just a short introduction from me, Scottish born and bred, ex-aircraft electrician, favourite unit was RAF Binbrook where I was on 5 Squadron and LTF Lightnings 79-85. Am webmaster for the Lightning Association website and still work on Lightnings at the Lightning Preservation Group, Bruntingthorpe, Leicester. My birthday brought me an airfix model Lightning 1.48 and have just re-started a hobby that I left behind many years ago.

I found this site through visiting the UKAR forums and found an article on Lightning Models by markmarples, who had your site details as a signature. Was impressed by the EE Lightning 1/48 74sqn the TIGERS article and the progress of this model.

Hope to get some tips about modern model building techniques and share my experiences with you all.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Mark M
Member Avatar
Lt Gen Mark 'Hawk Man' M
welcome mike?

thanks for the pariase on the lightning, from you its highly rated

cheers

Mark

shaunb
Member Avatar
top banana
It sounds like you are more than qualified on the lightning so I hope you will be able to shine any light on this exceptional aircraft that members may need.
Photos are always a bonus :D

Im sure people will be more than happy to help out with any model questions you may have.

Welcome to MMM :D

Daz Greenwood
Member Avatar
The voices told me to do it!
Welcome to MMM. I hope you get to like it here as much as I do!

smeds
resin fondler
ow do mate and welcome. Ex RAF myself, was an Armourer.

LightningMk6
Member Avatar
Plastic fiddler
Thanks for the welcome guys, taking a look round the site and like what I see

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
ZetaBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Join the millions that use us for their forum communities. Create your own forum today.
« Previous Topic · New Members · Next Topic »
Add Reply

In Association with
Photobucket