Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

CLICK HERE to see posts in last 24 hours

Welcome to Mainly Military modelling. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
RAM Models Nimrod XV249 Retirement Scheme, 1/72; 72-006
Topic Started: Feb 9 2016, 12:14 PM (246 Views)
Blue_2
Member Avatar
Builder of aircraft, any scale from 1:1 to 1:144!
I received in the post last week RAM Models' latest release, Nimrod R.1 XV249 in her 2011 51 Squadron retirement scheme, the famous Red Goose. The jet was on static display at Waddington's 2011 airshow wearing this scheme, and is now displayed at RAFM Cosford still in these colours.
I have to confess, this sheet was my idea, which is why I received the first sheet. It is a very concise and impressive sheet, which comes with all stencils so you can chuck the standard, poor quality Airfix kit sheet in the bin should you wish!
Posted Image
I did not have the decal placing sheet, but this was of no concern as sensibly Martin has used the same numbers for the RAM sheet as the standard Airfix offering. It is another Fantasy Printshop product, and the quality is very impressive. My photo does not do the printing of the geese justice! But you can see how crisply done the station badges etc. are.
Posted Image
A high quality product, which is well worthwhile as a replacement for the very poor Airfix sheet, and makes an otherwise uninspiring grey Nimrod just that little bit more special.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Mark M
Member Avatar
Hawk T1
very nice mate

Olde Farte
Member Avatar
Lt. Derek 'Smurfy' Reeve
Looks like the some of the contents of the envelope heading your way will be consigned to the bin then as this is a really nice sheet and makes me wish I had not 'lost' my kit in the recycle bag.

Blue_2
Member Avatar
Builder of aircraft, any scale from 1:1 to 1:144!
No fear, I have a second Nimrod stashed, which will need to use the standard kit decals. Spares of which are no bad thing, trust me!

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · Decal Reviews · Next Topic »
Add Reply