Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

CLICK HERE to see posts in last 24 hours

Welcome to Mainly Military modelling. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Maketar Canopy Survival Kit
Topic Started: May 30 2016, 03:48 PM (310 Views)
peebeep
Member Avatar
resin fondler
I happened upon this product whilst browsing the Hannant's pages - it was listed No 1 in their top ten. Usually I'm tighter than a bull's bum in August, so the 13.99 RRP was a turn off, but after a couple of looks I thought I'd buy a set.

Posted Image

Posted Image

There's no point trying to post an image of the masks, as the cut lines don't show up and I'm sure you're all familiar with yellow Kabuki type tape. The sheets are 142mm x 172mm and the illustrations on the fly sheet shows exactly what you get - any number of squares, circles, triangles, ellipses, hyperbolas, parabolas and spirals. After coughing up I have to grudgingly admit that the sheets do look Really Useful and as a canopy dunce I would suggest that any other canopy dunces might want to look into acquiring a set.

You might want to have a gander at the other Maketar masking sets, they do look Really Useful.

peebeep
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Mark M
Member Avatar
Hawk T1
ive used there mask sets before and they are fantastic, they do al sorts of sets and markins, canopies the lot

and have there own web site as well

Olde Farte
Member Avatar
Lt. Derek 'Smurfy' Reeve
This is a brilliant idea but I tend to paint mine freehand (some would say it shows) as I don't have a lot of patience with masking, much easier to clean up if necessary afterwards with a cocktail stick soaked in thinners.

Jonesy113
Member Avatar
Nick 'Token' Jones
:like

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · Accessory Reviews · Next Topic »
Add Reply