Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to Z15 Forums. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
UNLV
Topic Started: Jun 29 2009, 04:17 PM (2,056 Views)
murdockpt
Member Avatar

Agents
fruck no people, im going to UNR!!! its official. registering for housing and classes this week. leave 2 weeks after my bday so i get to dodge the strip club bullet :P WHOO!

whatre your guy's plans out there now that a couple have graduated?
eww, my avi's all grainy...
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

murdockpt
Member Avatar

Agents
also, on the note of after high school stuff, im going to, while im in college, going to try my hand at music (finally after 3 years im going to give it a shot), writing (reviews and such. freelance. the basics.), and until recently (very recently) im going to try to make some extra cash on the side doing...Henna Tattoos! i went to a booth a couple weeks ago and was told i really should use my abstract designs for it, so what the heck. might as well try it. ive got sopme plans lined up. You guys?

Daker3
Member Avatar
The Anthrartist
Creator
- I'll just go cry or something.

murdockpt
Member Avatar

Agents
has there been any updates on your college status? anything from your parents?

oh btw...we found your swim suit and goggles hehe

Daker3
Member Avatar
The Anthrartist
Creator
- I applied for UNLV today. I'm 100% certain I'll get accepted. MY GPA and SAT scores are good enough. I just need to send my transcript, but it doesn't have my final semester grades on them.
- Right now though, I'm just depressing myself. I don't want to stay in Vegas with my parents. Or at the very least, I'd like a dorm. The thing is, I don't know anyone else who's going. Everyone close I know went somewhere else.
- I will lose everything if I leave. If I left my house, all I would have is whatever clothes I can stuff in my backpack, maybe $200 and maybe my old laptop. I have about $2800 saved up, so around $3000 total.
- Where to go from there? Well, I guess that's where that 1 year gap in my comic comes from. I don't know what happens next. Jobless and carless. I don't know if I could get a student loan without my parents. The Millennium Scholarship only covers around $1920 a year for me. I hope I can get around $6000 a year from a loan without my parents.
- Why UNR? I didn't leave a swimsuit, just goggles.
- Making my comic is just making me sadder. Just as I predicted.

murdockpt
Member Avatar

Agents
come to UNR =D its cheaper. and its a college town! more culture!

and as for student loans, i dont think you need parents if your 18. its like a normal loan except you pay AFTER college

although...you need credit first i think...

youll figure something out if you dont do college. all you need is a car, apartment and a job. with that, you can start something from there. i have faith in ya :)

Daker3
Member Avatar
The Anthrartist
Creator
- Hmm. UNR. It is cheaper...But where would I live? Aren't dorms closed during breaks? And that's assuming I have money for a dorm. If I left, there's no coming back. Eh, it's worth a shot. I'm serious. I'm going to spend my own money for the application fees and plane tickets. Then...we'll see. If I'm accepted and I can get loans, I'll do that. Otherwise, I'm stuck here for now.
- Ack. I got a letter offering a free tour to visit UNR. Oh well, that was months ago.

murdockpt
Member Avatar

Agents
during breaks, you can chill with me and amy maybe. idk. youll make friends :) you social butterfly yew

and i only know dorms are closed over summer. breaks, im not too sure

murdockpt
Member Avatar

Agents
during breaks, you can chill with me and amy maybe. idk. youll make friends :) you social butterfly yew

and i only know dorms are closed over summer. breaks, im not too sure

Halfwing Aeon
Member Avatar
W1 - Help
im pretty sure this goes in study hall...
♪ Always~ I wanna be with you~ and make-believe with you
And live in harmony, harmony - OH, LOVE ♫
♪ Always~ I wanna be with you~ and make-believe with you

And live in harmony, harmony - OH, LOVE ♫

murdockpt
Member Avatar

Agents
shut up halfwing!!! >.< i being not only a GRADUATE, but a moderator can use my superior intellect to find a reason to twist thios so it goes in general dfiscussion!

reason being: this is more about housing for our poor leader jan, than education

PAHA!!!

murdockpt
Member Avatar

Agents
WHO THE FRUCK!!! HALFWING!!! YOU HAIRY TWAT!!!! YOU MOVED MY TOPIC!!!!

Daker3
Member Avatar
The Anthrartist
Creator
- I'm kinda torn. I could stay and make the best of it. I'd have money, a car and not be dead because I would have medical insurance. I might have fun at UNLV and be able to go to Shadow Ridge for a tutoring job I was offered. Basically, I'd be physically comfortable, but missing out.
- On the other hand, I could rough it and go to UNR. I'd have more freedom and meet new people and get closer because I would NEED to make new connections and work. It'd be a true college experience. Once in a lifetime. Something I always wanted.
- And if there's anything I learned from prom or sneaking out to get a Wii, it's that I shouldn't pass on once in a lifetime things. It'll definitely be fun, but have a lot of dangers. But this time, I have no safety net if something goes wrong.

murdockpt
Member Avatar

Agents
just think it through and talk to your parents if it kills you. its your choice ya know?

Daker3
Member Avatar
The Anthrartist
Creator
- I already know what they want. They want me to stay and continue to help by dropping off and picking up my brother and sister. They told me I'd never be able to handle dorm life. They want to save money and would sell anything that's technically not mine (Car and new laptop included) if I choose to leave. I'm screwed with FAFSA because they make so much money.
- It is my choice. But they're skewing it.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
ZetaBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Create a free forum in seconds.
Learn More · Sign-up for Free
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · Athena Hall · Next Topic »
Add Reply