Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to MONSTERLAND FORUMS! We are a casual and friendly online community of movie fans who like to talk about giant monsters, horror and sci-fi in cinema, on television and on Blu Ray/DVD. There are forums for sports, casual chat and video games as well. For those of you who like making art, writing stories and creating videos, our community includes a forum for these submissions as well. Check out our main index page and other board forums! Anyone is welcome to join our community!

MONSTERLAND FORUMS was created on January 29, 2006 for the purpose of giving fans of giant monster films and other sci-fi/horror movies a friendly online meeting place to discuss all of their favorite films and other things of interest like video gaming and sports.

MONSTERLAND FORUMS has 306 member registrations and over 175,000 posts. This online community is Zetaboards' sixth(6th) most active online community among over 383 similarly categorized message boards.

Fall is nearly is here!

Our online community is fairly small but I think it's the best group with which to discuss all the movies we love to watch and also talk about other shared interests! For those of you checking out this message board for the first time give our forums a look: I think you'll like what you see!

GODZILLA(2014), produced by Legendary Pictures and directed by Gareth Edwards, has generated over $521 million in worldwide box office receipts and is currently available on Blu Ray/DVD! A sequel is planned for 2018! Toho also recently announced that it will produce another "Godzilla" film in 2016! Legendary Pictures is planning a "Pacific Rim" sequel film for April, 2017!

-Lee "Packmule" Merritt
site founder

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
  • Pages:
The Official "Items for sale" thread; Members use this topic to sell your unwanted possessions
Topic Started: Apr 22 2006, 03:30 AM (3,838 Views)
packmule
Member Avatar
Freeze thawed
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Where is your favorite place to shop? Thread(and poll) starter:

Mine: Best Buy-Packmule="a kid in the candy store" inside a Best Buy location. I always go in and pick up a DVD or two every month. I also have bought all of my electronics here(except my multi-region DVD player). "Best Buy's" service is much better than Circuit City, at least IMO. I have also noticed that here in Atlanta, the "Best Buy" stores are generally larger, and have a better selection of just about everything.

Honorable mention: Walmart-nice discounted prices on everything. It's where I load up on utility items(like soap, toothpaste, socks, underwear, work clothes, etc)
thumbs up
Posted Image
The Thing(1982) - trailer
Packmule's Pen

Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

KaijuFanatic
Member Avatar
DVD Fanatic
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
I used to be in Heaven when we went to Best Buy, but it seems that they rarely carry what I'm looking for and while the staff can be very polite, it's amazing how often I have to stand there and spell a title out for them! :o

I chose Suncoast, only because they often surprise me with some of the titles they carry and I can spend hours looking through their titles....much to the dismay of anyone shopping with me! <_< I do think their prices are much higher than need be, though!

Borders is another spot I love to go to. They carry some excellent cult classics that amaze me and they have a decent sci-fi/horror section as well as a pretty good International section of DVDs. Their prices are also at the high end, but when I can walk in and often find discs that Best Buy doesn't seem to have, I'm happy.

I agree with the Wal*Mart choice for stocking up on items. I have to travel well over an hour to get to Borders, Best Buy, Circuit City and Suncoast, but Wal*Mart is only about 20-30 minutes away, so a nice place to grab those daily needed items. They also have a semi-decent bargain bin of DVDs, too. ;)
Hers, Mine & Our DVDs

Ghost the Bat
Member Avatar
Community member
[ * ]
Best Buy for me, the only downfall is that the Best Buy near my house doesn;'t restock any of their kaiju movies...
Hospital Corpsman Third Class Petty Officer in the U.S. Navy
Posted Image

packmule
Member Avatar
Freeze thawed
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Ghost the Bat
Apr 22 2006, 04:14 PM
... the only downfall is that the Best Buy near my house doesn't restock any of their kaiju movies...

Huh? Are you serious? What kind of logic would possess an electronics retail powerhouse like Best Buy to assume this kind of inventory "philosophy"?... :huh:
Posted Image
Packmule's Pen

KaijuFanatic
Member Avatar
DVD Fanatic
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
As I've mentioned, I live in the 'sticks', so occasional trips to one of the larger areas takes about an hour or more for me and I have NEVER found any Godzilla films at the Best Buy I've been to! :angry: I've checked their anime section, action/adventure and even went to the associates and they'll type up the titles and they never have them in stock and they don't even offer to special order anything! :o

Before the local Sam Goody went under, I found many of my titles through them and they always offered to special order any titles they didn't have. I always hated the two-week wait, but they'd at least make the offer!
Hers, Mine & Our DVDs

packmule
Member Avatar
Freeze thawed
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
KaijuFanatic
Apr 22 2006, 10:48 PM
As I've mentioned, I live in the 'sticks', so occasional trips to one of the larger areas takes about an hour or more for me and I have NEVER found any Godzilla films at the Best Buy I've been to!  :angry:  I've checked their anime section, action/adventure and even went to the associates and they'll type up the titles and they never have them in stock and they don't even offer to special order anything!  :o

Before the local Sam Goody went under, I found many of my titles through them and they always offered to special order any titles they didn't have.  I always hated the two-week wait, but they'd at least make the offer!

Though I like Best Buy, it's not because of their service, but rather their product selection. I only go to one "Best Buy" location(the closest one to where I live-about 6-7 miles away). They always have some Godzilla DVD inventory, so I am somewhat surprised by your admission that your "Best Buy" never has any, which by the way stinks, IMO thumbs down . I have found the service at Best Buy to be problematic, at best. Their sales(service) associates seem eager enough to help, that is, when you can flag one down. I can only go to "Best Buy" on Saturdays or Sundays, and of course that is when they are busiest(as I have been told their the associates)-that said they always appear to be understaffed. I also think that their associates have not learned the fine art of waiting on more than customer at once. When I was in the retail industry(shoes-"Florsheim" and "Thom McAn" store chains-store mgr) from early 1992-June of 1995, I can tell you that servicing multiple customers at once was SOP(standard operating procedure). You learn to do it or get out of the industry. Have you tried Deep Discount DVD?
Posted Image
Packmule's Pen

Ro-Dan
Member Avatar
Community charter member
[ *  *  * ]
I like AMAZON. They've got a huge selection and I'm always able to get new kaiju releases on time. With places like Best Buy and Circuit City it seems to take them two or three weeks after the release date before I see them stocked on their shelves. Amazon has great low prices and if you order over $25 of merchandise you can opt for free shipping. Plus, there's no sales tax!
Posted Image
Follow me on Twitter!
Be my friend on Facebook!

packmule
Member Avatar
Freeze thawed
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Ro-Dan
Jun 18 2006, 05:10 PM
I like AMAZON. They've got a huge selection and I'm always able to get new kaiju releases on time. With places like Best Buy and Circuit City it seems to take them two or three weeks after the release date before I see them stocked on their shelves. Amazon has great low prices and if you order over $25 of merchandise you can opt for free shipping. Plus, there's no sales tax!

I like Amazon.com also Dan, but I had two(2) consecutive problems with "caiman"-they are a video store(in Florida I think). In both cases my order was taken, I received an electronic receipt, the usual Amazon order confirmation...and then nothing. When I contacted "caiman"(they have an alligator-like caiman for their site logo) they informed me that they were having "diffculties in shipping out the order". This was as specific as they would get, and offered no explanation whatsover about their "problem", nor would they respond to my request asking them how long the delay would be in the order shipout, a reasonable request I think. Be wary of "Caiman" Dan. eyebrow
Posted Image
Packmule's Pen

Ro-Dan
Member Avatar
Community charter member
[ *  *  * ]
I'll definitely look out for it. thumbs down
Posted Image
Follow me on Twitter!
Be my friend on Facebook!

King Joe
Member Avatar
Community charter member
[ *  *  * ]
I LOVE flea markets, any otehr perosns junk is my treasure. Also, on the web which counts as a place is eBay, I've recently joined eBay and your overwhelmed with things to buy, they have everything you need.
Posted Image
http://kamenriderclub.b1.jcink.com/index.php?act=idx

packmule
Member Avatar
Freeze thawed
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
King Joe
Jun 19 2006, 07:12 PM
I LOVE flea markets, any other persons junk is my treasure.

I also like prowling a flea market every now and then. I bought the TV stand for my 30" flat screen TV at a flea market, as well as two oscillating fans and a nice lamp. thumbs up
Posted Image
Packmule's Pen

King Joe
Member Avatar
Community charter member
[ *  *  * ]
Also, Flea markets usually have awsome stuff for low prices. I've gotten tons of awsome things for less than 5 dollars. I love the flea markets that have like the swords and battle axes and otehr things like that for so cheap. I never buy the weapons, it's just fun to look at them.
Posted Image
http://kamenriderclub.b1.jcink.com/index.php?act=idx

packmule
Member Avatar
Freeze thawed
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
King Joe
Jun 21 2006, 08:23 AM
I never buy the weapons, it's just fun to look at them.

A good decision on your part Corey. Weapons, despite often being old, are always dangerous, especially knives, any kind of bladed instrument(like a sword), and of course firearms. :ph43r:
Posted Image
Packmule's Pen

KaijuFanatic
Member Avatar
DVD Fanatic
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
I stumbled onto the Deep Discount DVD site back in 2001 and thought the sun rose and set with this company....at first. I always upgrade to the expedited shipping, as patience has never been a strong point for me and back then, I could place an order and have it in my hands, quite often in two days and never more than three. Then I began seeing longer and longer delivery times, quite often maxing out to the ten day shipping time with the expedited service. I kept using them, until I saw titles out on store shelves long before I was receiving my pre-orders. I will still use them, occasionally, but it disappoints me that upgrading shipping service is still a slow process.

I use Amazon a lot, too and I very much enjoy their service. My roommate ordered a birthday gift through Amazon, a book on the make-up and effects of Hammer Studios and it never arrived....they replaced it, no questions asked and without delay and that definitely brought them up high in my book for customer service.

I also recommend, Xploited Cinema for online shopping, they have great delivery time, quality customer service and of course, they offer DVDs from around the world.

Diabolik DVD is another good online company that has good service and world-wide titles to choose from, as well.
Hers, Mine & Our DVDs

packmule
Member Avatar
Freeze thawed
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
KaijuFanatic
Jun 22 2006, 09:41 AM
I also recommend, Xploited Cinema for online shopping, they have great delivery time, quality customer service and of course, they offer DVDs from around the world. 

Diabolik DVD is another good online company that has good service and world-wide titles to choose from, as well.

I have never ordered from either of these two vendors, but I like their sites, and their selections. I was about to order Space Amoeba and Garuda from Deep Discount DVD, to replace my two DVD-R's of these films, when I saw that they were out of stock very angry --I have heard some other negative comments about Deep Discount DVD concerning their DVD title availability. thumbs down
Posted Image
Packmule's Pen

KaijuFanatic
Member Avatar
DVD Fanatic
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Deep Discount DVD just had their big 20% off sale, so that might explain some low stock in titles, I've never had a problem with itmes being out of stock, but that shipping time really grates on my nerves and as a result, my orders from their site are down to about once or twice a year is all. I've recently found that Amazon has become somewhat competitive with their pricing in regards to Deep Discount DVD and their shipping is a heck of a lot quicker, so more often than not, I order through Amazon.

Xploited Cinema is just a great place to deal with, I highly recommend them and Diabolik DVD has certainly done well by me, too. thumbs up
Hers, Mine & Our DVDs

packmule
Member Avatar
Freeze thawed
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
KaijuFanatic
Jun 26 2006, 05:34 AM
... I've recently found that Amazon has become somewhat competitive with their pricing in regards to Deep Discount DVD and their shipping is a heck of a lot quicker, so more often than not, I order through Amazon.

I agree with you about Amazon.com being expeditious about shipouts but be wary of Caiman.com, a business out of Florida, that has a caiman(a crocodile-like animal) as part of their website logo. My last two DVD orders, for A*P*E(1976) and some straight-to-video monster film(whose title eludes my memory at the moment), never arrived, because they were never shipped. I received a "we're having problems shipping this order" message from Caiman, and when I asked why, I got no specifics. When I asked if the DVDs had been backordered, I got a "maybe", and when I asked for an estimate on how long it would take to get them, I got no response at all. I cancelled the order, received a full credit back on my Mastercard debit card, and submitted a formal complaint with Amazon.com. I have no problem with shipping problems, but at least be good enough to tell me what the holdup is, and how long it might take to get the order. Waldo
Posted Image
Packmule's Pen

KaijuFanatic
Member Avatar
DVD Fanatic
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Thanks for the heads-up on Caiman.com. I've been burned a few times, but only through eBay and I actually haven't purchased anything from eBay in ages. I was a little nervous about a private purchase I made through Amazon a few years back, the seller kept telling me the DVD had shipped and it was weeks and weeks before it arrived and I was becoming, shall we say.....extremely impatient, but the seller kept in contact with Amazon and Amazon was willing to give them more and more time to complete the transaction. I wasn't thrilled, but in the end, I did receive my product.
Hers, Mine & Our DVDs

packmule
Member Avatar
Freeze thawed
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
One thing I have started doing in the last year is ordering straight from the video relasing authority themselves-example: the DVD re-release of Gorgo(1961), from VCI Entertainment. VCI recently sent me a catalog of their DVD title inventory. It's very decent. Kaijufanatic, you might want to request a catalog from VCI(online, at their website). Another site with a decent selection of DVD classics is Turner Classic Movies-their link: TCM
Posted Image
Packmule's Pen

Black Angel
Member Avatar
Community member
[ * ]
All of those and more. I will shop anywhere I can get a good deal. :)
Posted Image

josh TX
Member Avatar
Community Hall Of Famer
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
I'm big on online stores because the prices are usually cheaper, but unfortunately it's just not as enjoyable as walking into the actual stores and holding the merchandise in your hands. But since the selection of items at brick-and-mortar retailers is usually alot smaller than online, I usually buy things online. Also Ebay is really the only way to go when you are looking for older stuff that is out of print or no longer in production.
Posted Image[/url]

packmule
Member Avatar
Freeze thawed
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
My favorite place to shop on Black Friday: Best Buy
Posted Image
Packmule's Pen

packmule
Member Avatar
Freeze thawed
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
I'm going to change the title of this topic thread, which has been dormant for several years, to an "Items for sale" topic thread.

This topic will serve as a means by which members of this online community can offer personal items for sale to others.

I will "pin" this topic for a while.
Posted Image
Packmule's Pen

gvamp
Community advanced member
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
Here's what I'm offering for sale right now

Godzilla Final Wars Three Disc DVD Set- This is the official Region 2 set that has the film and loads of bonus features. $20 or best offer

Godzilla vs Megaguirus Region 3 DVD- Since I have the Sony disc I really don't need this DVD, it features the trailer and accurate subs. $5

GMK Region 3 DVD- Same as above. $5

Godzilla x MechaGodzilla- Same as above. $5

Godzilla Vol 3. This is a R0 PAL DVD that features Destroy all Monsters FS with AIP Dub and Godzilla vs MG1 with the Cosmic Monster title card. $5

Sony PSP-3000 System with extras including games and larger Memory Stick- $120 or best offer

More stuff to be listed soon including a Wii System bundle possibly.
Check out my business by clicking here https://www.facebook.com/GameShopMI

packmule
Member Avatar
Freeze thawed
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
gvamp
Aug 17 2011, 11:09 PM
Godzilla vs Megaguirus Region 3 DVD-$5

GMK Region 3 DVD- Same as above. $5

Godzilla x MechaGodzilla- Same as above. $5

I would be happy to take these off your hands. I'll add something extra for the shipping if necessary. You prefer Paypal, cash or a money order?
Posted Image
Packmule's Pen

gvamp
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
Money order is fine Lee.

As for shipping just throw in $5 to cover the cost of the envolope and Media Mail shipping.

gvamp
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
Wii Bundle is for sale

http://saginaw.craigslist.org/vgm/2554284227.html

I'm to lazy to post all that included so here's my Craigslist ad if you're interested in the Wii bundle send me a message here and I'll remove it.

If I don't have buyer by Wednesday it's going up on eBay and I'll post a link here.

gvamp
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
More items

Godzilla 2000 by Marc Ceransini

Godzilla at Worlds End by Marc Cerasini

GINO Novelazation

Making of GINO

packmule
Member Avatar
Freeze thawed
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Quote:

Godzilla Vol 3. This is a R0 PAL DVD that features Destroy all Monsters FS with AIP Dub and Godzilla vs MG1 with the Cosmic Monster title card. $5
I'm going to send you some $ for this as well so hold onto it for me. I'll make sure to send you enough to cover the $5 and shipping. winky
Posted Image
Packmule's Pen

gvamp
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
Okay it's left out and I'll remove it off from Club Tokyo.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · Casual chat · Next Topic »
Add Reply
  • Pages:

Packmule's Pen

Theme Xdrone Created by .Xstinct of GFXSouls.net
Copyright 2012 All Rights Reserved