Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to MONSTERLAND FORUMS! We are a casual and friendly online community of movie fans who like to talk about giant monsters, horror and sci-fi in cinema, on television and on Blu Ray/DVD. There are forums for sports, casual chat and video games as well. For those of you who like making art, writing stories and creating videos, our community includes a forum for these submissions as well. Check out our main index page and other board forums! Anyone is welcome to join our community!

MONSTERLAND FORUMS was created on January 29, 2006 for the purpose of giving fans of giant monster films and other sci-fi/horror movies a friendly online meeting place to discuss all of their favorite films and other things of interest like video gaming and sports.

MONSTERLAND FORUMS has 291 members and over 161,000 posts. This online community is Zetaboards' fourth most active online community in the "Movies" category(among over 300 message boards).

Spring is nearly here! I would like to wish our online community a safe spring and summer!

Our online community isn't the largest on the web but I think it's the best group with which to discuss all the movies we love to watch and also talk about other shared interests! For those of you checking out this message board for the first time give our forums a look: I think you'll like what you see!

GODZILLA(2014), produced by Legendary Pictures and directed by Gareth Edwards, opens in theaters in May, 2014 as the king of monsters returns to the big screen!

-Lee "Packmule" Merritt
site founder

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
  • Pages:
The Official "Happy Birthday" Thread; Send birthday wishes to site members
Topic Started: Jan 29 2007, 05:20 PM (7,267 Views)
packmule
Member Avatar
Godzilla fan
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Although she may not be able to see this post I would like to wish a very Happy Birthday to site admin KaijuFanatic. She recently experienced a major computer malfunction and may be offline for a while. Best wishes to her on her birthday today, which for me is kind of bittersweet, as I believe she may not be able to see this birthday greeting, at least right now. I hope she can get back online soon. Dan and I miss you Kimi. Please hurry back, if you can. :)

Posted Image
Packmule's Pen
Godzilla(2014) - international trailer
Dr. Lyle Rossiter on liberals in the U.S.: "Like spoiled, angry children, they rebel against the normal responsibilities of adulthood and demand that a parental government meet their needs from cradle to grave."

Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

KaijuFanatic
Member Avatar
DVD Fanatic
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Thanks very much for the birthday wishes, Lee. :) Means a lot that you remembered my birthday and unfortunately, I wasn't able to enjoy the wishes on 29 January, but they sure were nice to see upon my return. Thanks! time to party
Hers, Mine & Our DVDs

packmule
Member Avatar
Godzilla fan
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Did you receive any presents on your birthday? DVDs? eyebrow

Posted Image
Packmule's Pen
Dr. Lyle Rossiter on liberals in the U.S.: "Like spoiled, angry children, they rebel against the normal responsibilities of adulthood and demand that a parental government meet their needs from cradle to grave."

KaijuFanatic
Member Avatar
DVD Fanatic
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Quote:

Did you receive any presents on your birthday? DVDs?

Actually, no gifts were received on my actual birthday. I received $50 from my Aunt that arrived a few days before the big day, $25 from my Dad on Saturday before my birthday and because my niece and nephew, who live with my Mom have both been ill with strep throat, I haven't even seen my Mom in three weeks! shocked smiley Carol got me, Monsters and Madmen this past Friday and I spent the $75 I received towards the purchase of the new computer. Had I not needed to purchase the new computer, you can bet the $75 would have gone towards more DVDs. Mr Green
Hers, Mine & Our DVDs

packmule
Member Avatar
Godzilla fan
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
"KaijuFanatic"

Actually, no gifts were received on my actual birthday.

freak out

Well, all things considered,maybe you should consider your new computer a "gift" of sorts, eh? eyebrow

I'm not going to ask how many candles were on your birthday cake...I learned a long time ago never to ask a woman her age, under any circumstances. tongue-1

Posted Image
Packmule's Pen

Ghost the Bat
Member Avatar
Community member
[ * ]
Whoo!, I'm so excited, I made my own topic for it XD.

Anyway yeah...I'm happy I'm 17 now, just means one more year until I'm an adult.
Hospital Corpsman Third Class Petty Officer in the U.S. Navy
Posted Image

packmule
Member Avatar
Godzilla fan
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
"Ghost The Bat"

Whoo!, I'm so excited, I made my own topic for it XD.
Sorry Ghost, I meant to make a "Happy Birthday" topic for you this AM but in my haste to get to work I forgot. My apologies. I hope you enjoy your birthday today pal. Tell us how you've been doing, if you get the chance. :) time to party

Posted Image
Packmule's Pen

KaijuFanatic
Member Avatar
DVD Fanatic
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Quote:

Well, all things considered,maybe you should consider your new computer a "gift" of sorts,

I did.......I was in hopes that I could use the birthday money towards some more, DVDs and that's something I don't really need, but I ask, can one ever have too many DVDs? ;)

Quote:

I'm not going to ask how many candles were on your birthday cake...I learned a long time ago never to ask a woman her age, under any circumstances.

Wise man! Mr Green Actually, I don't act my age and don't believe I ever have, so that may throw some folks off my actual age, but what the hell, I'm not too proud....there was 42 candles, burning rather brightly on my cake, this year. In all honesty, that's so many, nobody even bothers to add that many to the cake, by the time they could be lit, most candles would be a melted blot of wax on the cake! cheeky sick smiley freak out
Hers, Mine & Our DVDs

KaijuFanatic
Member Avatar
DVD Fanatic
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Happy Be-lated Birthday, Ghost! :)

Sorry, I missed the opportunity to wish you, 'Happy Birthday' on your actual birthday, but I haven't been online all week or the better part of it.

Anyway, hope your day was a great one and trust me, once you hit '18', the years really do fly by.
Hers, Mine & Our DVDs

packmule
Member Avatar
Godzilla fan
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
"KaijuFanatic"

can one ever have too many DVDs?
I have pondered this question many times. My answer: it depends. If I'm at home and looking at the dozen or so unwatched discs still sitting on my coffee table, then my answer would be yes. If, on the other hand, I was inside Best Buy, imagining I had a thousand dollars in my pocket to burn, then my answer would be no. tongue-1

Posted Image
Packmule's Pen

Ro-Dan
Member Avatar
Community charter member
[ *  *  * ]
I know I'm WAAAY too late to say this: Happy Birthday, Kimi!
Posted Image
Follow me on Twitter!
Be my friend on Facebook!

KaijuFanatic
Member Avatar
DVD Fanatic
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Quote:

If I'm at home and looking at the dozen or so unwatched discs still sitting on my coffee table, then my answer would be yes. If, on the other hand, I was inside Best Buy, imagining I had a thousand dollars in my pocket to burn, then my answer would be no.

:<!--emo&lol:-->Posted Image<!--endemo--> I know what you mean, I don't have any unwatched DVDs at the moment, but for me, it's when I look at my definite lack of shelving space, I might say I have more than enough DVDs. ;)

Quote:

I know I'm WAAAY too late to say this: Happy Birthday, Kimi!

Never too late, Dan, thanks very much for the birthday wishes! :)
Hers, Mine & Our DVDs

packmule
Member Avatar
Godzilla fan
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
"KaijuFanatic"

I don't have any unwatched DVDs at the moment
I still do, the same six DVDs that were sitting on my coffee table back in late December, dammit. freak out

Posted Image
Packmule's Pen

packmule
Member Avatar
Godzilla fan
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
"KaijuFanatic"

... and trust me, once you hit '18', the years really do fly by.
True, and Uncle Sam takes a bigger bit out of your paycheck, as well. thumbs down

Posted Image
Packmule's Pen

KaijuFanatic
Member Avatar
DVD Fanatic
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Quote:

I still do, the same six DVDs that were sitting on my coffee table back in late December, dammit.

I ahve a few unwatched, myself, now, thanks to the belated birthday DVDs and I picked up some bargain-priced DVDs the other night. B)
Hers, Mine & Our DVDs

KaijuFanatic
Member Avatar
DVD Fanatic
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Quote:

True, and Uncle Sam takes a bigger bit out of your paycheck, as well.

Being an adult certainly ain't all it's cracked up to be! ;) <_<
Hers, Mine & Our DVDs

packmule
Member Avatar
Godzilla fan
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Most of my unwatched DVDs gathering dust on my living room coffee table are various Friday The 13th films, The Satanic Rites Of Dracula(1973), and The Texas Chainsaw Massacre(1974). I AM going to watch the latter this weekend! Mr Green

Posted Image
Packmule's Pen

KaijuFanatic
Member Avatar
DVD Fanatic
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Sounds as if you should have had a great weekend of film viewing, with most of those titles! Mr Green
Hers, Mine & Our DVDs

packmule
Member Avatar
Godzilla fan
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
KaijuFanatic
Feb 26 2007, 08:41 AM
Sounds as if you should have had a great weekend of film viewing, with most of those titles!

I actually watched a few DVDs this weekend...just not those on that damned living room coffee table. freak out

Posted Image
Packmule's Pen

KaijuFanatic
Member Avatar
DVD Fanatic
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Quote:

just not those on that damned living room coffee table.

:<!--emo&lol:-->Posted Image<!--endemo--> Hey, don't feel too bad.....I sometimes will have an unwatched DVD or two and will choose something else over those....I just have to be in the mood to watch something.
Hers, Mine & Our DVDs

packmule
Member Avatar
Godzilla fan
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
"KaijuFanatic"

I just have to be in the mood to watch something.
Sums it up for me as well. Seems I always want to watch something from my DVD collection, which stands at 536 right now, by the way(not including my DVD-Rs), as opposed to a DVD on my coffee table, of which many of these cases are getting so dusty I can draw smiley faces in them. tongue-1

Posted Image
Packmule's Pen

KaijuFanatic
Member Avatar
DVD Fanatic
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Quote:

DVD on my coffee table, of which many of these cases are getting so dusty I can draw smiley faces in them.

:<!--emo&lol:-->Posted Image<!--endemo--> That, cracked me up! Mr Green
Hers, Mine & Our DVDs

packmule
Member Avatar
Godzilla fan
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Happy Birthday Dan! I hope your birthday was a good one! I almost missed this event, but I caught it over at MySpace. Get any good presents? :D

time to party time to party time to party

Posted Image
Packmule's Pen

Ro-Dan
Member Avatar
Community charter member
[ *  *  * ]
Thanks, Lee. I got some Best Buy gift cards and Jenny surprised me by taking me to dinner...little did I know she invited all my closest friends too!
Posted Image
Follow me on Twitter!

packmule
Member Avatar
Godzilla fan
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Ro-Dan
Mar 3 2007, 07:19 PM
I got some Best Buy gift cards and Jenny surprised me by taking me to dinner...little did I know she invited all my closest friends too!

thumbs up time to party

It sounds like you have a heckuva gal, Dan. :)

Posted Image
Packmule's Pen

KaijuFanatic
Member Avatar
DVD Fanatic
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Happy Be-lated Birthday, Ro-Dan! time to party

Sorry I missed the day, haven't been online except to check my E-mail, as I was away all day Friday and a good portion of yesterday. Hope the gifts, the dinner and the time spent with friends was a great time for you. Mr Green
Hers, Mine & Our DVDs

packmule
Member Avatar
Godzilla fan
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
How many candles were on the birthday cake this year, Dan? faster <!--emo&shifty eyes-->Posted Image<!--endemo-->

Posted Image
Packmule's Pen

packmule
Member Avatar
Godzilla fan
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
"packmule"

DVD on my coffee table, of which many of these cases are getting so dusty I can draw smiley faces in them.
I actually tried to draw a mule on the cover of one of them...but I ran out of room on the case. shifty eyes

Posted Image
Packmule's Pen

Ro-Dan
Member Avatar
Community charter member
[ *  *  * ]
Thanks for the birthday wishes, Kimi. Lee I didn't do the birthday cake thing this year. Just a night out with my friends. If there were a cake there'd be 33 candles on it. ;)
Posted Image
Follow me on Twitter!

packmule
Member Avatar
Godzilla fan
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Ro-Dan
Mar 4 2007, 11:52 PM
Lee I didn't do the birthday cake thing this year.

Never too late to stop by a bakery...or the nearest grocery store baked goods section. tongue-1

"Ro-Dan"

If there were a cake there'd be 33 candles on it.
thumbs up

Posted Image
Packmule's Pen

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · Casual chat · Next Topic »
Add Reply
  • Pages:

Packmule's Pen

Toho Godzilla Collection Blu Ray sets giveaway

Theme Godzillica Created by .Xynic. exclusively for Monsterland Forums
Copyright 2011 All Rights Reserved