Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to MONSTERLAND FORUMS! We are a casual and friendly online community of movie fans who like to talk about giant monsters, horror and sci-fi in cinema, on television and on Blu Ray/DVD. There are forums for sports, casual chat and video games as well. For those of you who like making art, writing stories and creating videos, our community includes a forum for these submissions as well. Check out our main index page and other board forums! Anyone is welcome to join our community!

MONSTERLAND FORUMS was created on January 29, 2006 for the purpose of giving fans of giant monster films and other sci-fi/horror movies a friendly online meeting place to discuss all of their favorite films and other things of interest like video gaming and sports.

MONSTERLAND FORUMS has 297 members and over 165,000 posts. This online community is Zetaboards' fourth most active online community in the "Movies" category(among over 300 message boards).

Summer is here! I would like to wish our online community a safe summer!

Our online community isn't the largest on the web but I think it's the best group with which to discuss all the movies we love to watch and also talk about other shared interests! For those of you checking out this message board for the first time give our forums a look: I think you'll like what you see!

GODZILLA(2014), produced by Legendary Pictures and directed by Gareth Edwards, opens in theaters in May, 2014 as the king of monsters returns to the big screen!

-Lee "Packmule" Merritt
site founder

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
  • Pages:
The Official "Video Games.Gaming" Thread; Discuss video gaming(miscellaneous)
Topic Started: Jun 25 2006, 07:07 PM (26,552 Views)
packmule
Member Avatar
USNS Seaview...arriving!
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
This is the Monsterland Forums official video games thread. Talk about any video games here-the hardware, the software, tech support, critiques, member submissions, links, articles, and anything else related. Talk about your favorite games, your recommendations, or those that you would not recommend. This thread is for every member of this site who video games. :)

Posted Image

Posted Image
Voyage To The Bottom Of The Sea(1964-1968) on ABC
Packmule's Pen

Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

packmule
Member Avatar
USNS Seaview...arriving!
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
While doing some maintenance on this site I inadvertently deleted some twenty-two posts in the original topic "Godzilla-Monster Of Monsters", and I apologize for this error. I believe the topic was about "Godzilla, Monster Of Monsters". I ask the members who posted here to assist me in the partial reconstruction of this topic, if you want. Consider this thread for posting any Godzilla-themed video games as well. Thank you and again I am sorry for the mistake. busy bee

Posted Image
Packmule's Pen

Johnny Rod
Member Avatar
The Dark Hero
[ * ]
Hi, well I promised to upload this game and here it is (I'm going to Spain on Saturday so I thought I'd upload it before then). This is the first ever Ultraman Fighting Evolution game, released for the PlayStation. You'll need a PlayStation Emulator to play it though, you'll find both the game and the emulator below. The game weights 221MB, MAKE SURE TO DOWNLOAD IT SOON, AFTER A WHILE THE FILE WILL PROBABLY GET DELETED!!! The characters you can play with include Ultraman, Ultraman Taroh, Gohora, and DADA. You can also unlock 4 EXTRA monsters by completing the 1 player mode(the last of these is Zetton!!!) Anyway, have fun with the game and I'll be back in about a month or so.

GAME: http://www.megaupload.com/?d=PYOHPQ9K

PSX Emulator: http://www.megaupload.com/?d=78PU8SVN

See you later!!! ;)
'The void is that which stands right in the middle between this and that. The void is all-inclusive, having no opposite there is nothing which it excludes or opposes. It is living void, because all forms come out of it and whoever realizes the void is filled with life and power and the love of all things' - Bruce Lee

packmule
Member Avatar
USNS Seaview...arriving!
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Johnny Rod
Jul 6 2006, 09:27 PM
Hi, well I promised to upload this game and here it is (I'm going to Spain on Saturday so I thought I'd upload it before then). This is the first ever Ultraman Fighting Evolution game, released for the PlayStation. You'll need a PlayStation Emulator to play it though, you'll find both the game and the emulator below. The game weights 221MB, MAKE SURE TO DOWNLOAD IT SOON, AFTER A WHILE THE FILE WILL PROBABLY GET DELETED!!! The characters you can play with include Ultraman, Ultraman Taroh, Gohora, and DADA. You can also unlock 4 EXTRA monsters by completing the 1 player mode(the last of these is Zetton!!!) Anyway, have fun with the game and I'll be back in about a month or so.

GAME: http://www.megaupload.com/?d=PYOHPQ9K

PSX Emulator: http://www.megaupload.com/?d=78PU8SVN

See you later!!! ;)

Thanks for the links Johnny. I hope you enjoy your vacation. How about showing us some pics of your vacation when you get back... :)

Posted Image
Packmule's Pen

megalon346
Member Avatar
Community member
[ * ]
I am erm making a fan Ultraman game called: Tyrant's Super Adventure........
The game will be up 2 weeks from now, k?

TYRANT'S BIG ADVENTURE

Controls
Menu
arrow keys - move the arrow
space - select your choice
backspace - exit the game

Game
arrow left - move Tyrant left
arrow right - move Tyrant right
a - jump
s - shoot
backspace - exit the level
space - go to the weapon select screen
F1 - show this

Press <Escape> to close

BOSSES:

Zeeton
King Joe
Black King
Ultraman Dyna
Hipporito
Ultraman
Zarab

busy bee

packmule
Member Avatar
USNS Seaview...arriving!
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
megalon346
Aug 3 2006, 01:41 PM

I look forward to seeing your game, and of course playing it as well. Good luck with it, and thanks for the heads up! Mr Green

Posted Image
Packmule's Pen

gojira2
Community member
[ * ]
Well my favorite would be Septhiroth from the Final Fantasy games.
Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

You can try to win

packmule
Member Avatar
USNS Seaview...arriving!
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
gojira2
Aug 5 2006, 02:53 PM
Well my favorite would be Septhiroth from the Final Fantasy games.

I cast my vote for Megatron. I admit it's mainly because I know more about him than the others. :ph43r:

Posted Image
Packmule's Pen

Ghost the Bat
Member Avatar
Community member
[ * ]
Im just curious to what everyone's favorite game series is?

Mine is DOOM.

First played it in 1995, never has a game scared me as badly as that (I know its something to laugh about now a days, but back then I was 5 years old and it was the first FPS game I ever played, lol)

I still play it to this day, using a source port called Zdaemon, which lets you play deathmatch, team deathmatch, ctf, and coop with other players around the world.

Its really odd, as I keep coming back every week, playing the same game, never tireing from it...
Hospital Corpsman Third Class Petty Officer in the U.S. Navy
Posted Image

packmule
Member Avatar
USNS Seaview...arriving!
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
As I have mentioned before, I am something of an ignoramus regarding video games, though I have two friends who "game" quite a bit on weekends at home. One of these guys plays his video games on a very nice 42" plasma TV. He has DOOM in his game inventory, and I have watched him play it. It made the hairs on the back of my neck stand up a few times...and I was just watching him play. freak out

Posted Image
Packmule's Pen

Ghost the Bat
Member Avatar
Community member
[ * ]
Yeah DOOM 3...I don't really like it as much as the first 2, mostly because of how different it is...

Yeah its a pretty scary game, scared me quite a few times, still haven't beaten it yet...
Not that its too scary just it gets pretty hard when you have to go through Hell.
Posted Image

packmule
Member Avatar
USNS Seaview...arriving!
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Ghost the Bat
Aug 13 2006, 11:25 PM
Not that its too scary just it gets pretty hard when you have to go through Hell.

You know Ghost I hope the only Hell I ever have to go through is the one on this video game. dead

I am going to buy a game platform before the end of the year. Any suggestions on what I should buy? My preference in games will parallel that of my taste in movies: action, horror, and monsters. faster <!--emo&shifty eyes-->Posted Image<!--endemo-->

Posted Image
Packmule's Pen

Ghost the Bat
Member Avatar
Community member
[ * ]
Thats kind of a tough call...
It really depends on what your looking for.

D you want a game system that still has games in production albeit costs more...or do you want a system thats cheaper yet is pretty much dead (such as the Gamecube, PS2, and Xbox).

For the list you spoke of, Action/Horror/Monster I'd say a PS2 or Gamecube would be a good idea. Gamecubes are really cheap compared to other systems and have a decent amount of action games and if you like the Resident Evil games, all of them are avaliable for the system. Same goes with the PS2 except it may be a little more expensive, but there is an incredible amount of games in comparison to the Gamecub's library...

The Xbox 360 may be really expensive and not have alot of games yet...but its a great system...controllers are really confortable, most of the games are fun (Call of Duty 2 is amazing) but yeah...

I hope this helps you out lol...

Posted Image

packmule
Member Avatar
USNS Seaview...arriving!
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Ghost the Bat
Aug 14 2006, 09:28 AM

For the list you spoke of, Action/Horror/Monster I'd say a PS2 or Gamecube would be a good idea. Gamecubes are really cheap compared to other systems and have a decent amount of action games and if you like the Resident Evil games, all of them are avaliable for the system. Same goes with the PS2 except it may be a little more expensive, but there is an incredible amount of games in comparison to the Gamecub's library...

I have narrowed it down, based on your comments, to PS2 and Gamecube. I will do some checking into both before deciding on what to buy. Thanks for the advice Ghost. thumbs up

Posted Image
Packmule's Pen

Johnny Rod
Member Avatar
The Dark Hero
[ * ]
Ghost the Bat
Aug 13 2006, 10:25 PM
Yeah DOOM 3...I don't really like it as much as the first 2, mostly because of how different it is...

Yeah its a pretty scary game, scared me quite a few times, still haven't beaten it yet...

Yeah, I don't think I like it as much as the first 2 either but it's still an excellent game. I completed "DOOM 3" over a year ago and the completed "DOOM 3 Ressurrection Of Evil" a few months ago (It's a lot harder than DOOM 3).

My favourite game series are:

1) DOOM
2) House Of The dead
3) Sonic

Amongst many others.
'The void is that which stands right in the middle between this and that. The void is all-inclusive, having no opposite there is nothing which it excludes or opposes. It is living void, because all forms come out of it and whoever realizes the void is filled with life and power and the love of all things' - Bruce Lee

Johnny Rod
Member Avatar
The Dark Hero
[ * ]
I'm also looking forward to seeing your game, post it when you can. tongue and cheek

Johnny Rod
Member Avatar
The Dark Hero
[ * ]
packmule
Aug 5 2006, 08:46 PM
I cast my vote for Megatron. I admit it's mainly because I know more about him than the others.  :ph43r:

I could have chosen Megatron since HE IS my favourite Transformer.
But as a videogame villain I don't know which one to chose, I've played so many videogames that I honestly don't remember most of the villains.

packmule
Member Avatar
USNS Seaview...arriving!
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Johnny Rod
Aug 30 2006, 09:00 AM
I've played so many videogames that I honestly don't remember most of the villains.

What about Godzilla as a video game villain? He's not always the "good guy" in the "Godzilla" video games is he? eyebrow

Posted Image
Packmule's Pen

Johnny Rod
Member Avatar
The Dark Hero
[ * ]
packmule
Sep 3 2006, 06:41 PM
What about Godzilla as a video game villain? He's not always the "good guy" in the "Godzilla" video games is he?  eyebrow

I really don't know Packmule, I've played quite a few Godzilla games (let me think):

1) Super Godzilla
2) Godzilla Monster Of Monsters
3) The other Godzilla game for the NES (can't remember the name)
4) Godzilla Destroy All Monsters Melee
5) Godzilla Save The Earth
6) A couple more games for the ATARI I think
7) Another Godzilla game for the SNES

Anyway, in all those games (And there's like 10 of them) Godzilla was the good guy so I wouln't be surprised if he was the good guy in the rest of the games, I don't know though.

packmule
Member Avatar
USNS Seaview...arriving!
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Johnny Rod
Sep 3 2006, 09:53 PM

1) Super Godzilla
2) Godzilla Monster Of Monsters
3) The other Godzilla game for the NES (can't remember the name)
4) Godzilla Destroy All Monsters Melee
5) Godzilla Save The Earth
6) A couple more games for the ATARI I think
7) Another Godzilla game for the SNES

By the way, which one of these do you like the most? eyebrow

Posted Image
Packmule's Pen

Johnny Rod
Member Avatar
The Dark Hero
[ * ]
packmule
Sep 3 2006, 09:02 PM
By the way, which one do you like the most? eyebrow

Well, "Super Godzilla" for the Snes was really good!
Then again, "Godzilla: Monster Of Monsters" for the Nes was also very good! The new games aren't really that great, good graphics but that's about it.

packmule
Member Avatar
USNS Seaview...arriving!
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Johnny Rod
Sep 7 2006, 07:08 AM
The new games aren't really that great, good graphics but that's about it.

Aside from graphics what other criteria are important in playing, and enjoying, a video game? I ask this as someone who is not particularly knowledgeable about them. jumping smiley

Posted Image
Packmule's Pen

Johnny Rod
Member Avatar
The Dark Hero
[ * ]
packmule
Sep 7 2006, 03:35 PM
Aside from graphics what other criteria are important in playing, and enjoying, a video game? I ask this as someone who is not particularly knowledgeable about them.  jumping smiley

Well some games may have good storylines or good music. Most of my favourite games are at least 10 years old and I like them usually for those 2 reasons, of course good graphics are an added bonus.
E.g. Super Godzilla is a sort of Action/RPG-like game in which you control Godzilla through many levels (cities guarded by armies), at the end of each level there's a classic Godzilla monster. By the end of the game it's discovered that if you were to mix Ghidorah's cells with G-cells then Godzilla could become stronger thus becoming Super Godzilla (whuch looks almost like Space Godzilla). The game also includes some classic Godzilla music.

packmule
Member Avatar
USNS Seaview...arriving!
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Johnny Rod
Aug 27 2006, 09:32 PM
Amongst many others.

Would that include HALO?

I am often amazed at how far the video gaming industry has advanced since 1980-that year I was 18 years old, and playing video games like Galaga, Pac Man, Millipede/Centipede, and even Donkey Kong. Are any of these older games still around on these new platforms Johnny? eyebrow

Posted Image
Packmule's Pen

Johnny Rod
Member Avatar
The Dark Hero
[ * ]
packmule
Sep 7 2006, 09:26 PM
Would that include HALO?

I am often amazed at how far the video gaming industry has advanced since 1980-that year I was 18 years old, and playing video games like Galaga, Pac Man, Millipede/Centipede, and even Donkey Kong. Are any of these older games still around on these new platforms Johnny? eyebrow

Well I've never played HALO so I don't know how good it is, I've been told it's great though!
And THERE ARE old games out for new platforms, I know that clssic games such as Donkey Kong and Pac Man have recently been re-released for the GameBoy Advance. And anyway, all the games you mentioned CAN downloaded for free if you look on the right sites. Mr Green

packmule
Member Avatar
USNS Seaview...arriving!
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Johnny Rod
Sep 9 2006, 07:40 AM
And anyway, all the games you mentioned CAN downloaded for free if you look on the right sites.

My apologies in advance for being a beggar tongue-1 . Any chance for some links? faster <!--emo&shifty eyes-->Posted Image<!--endemo-->

Posted Image
Packmule's Pen

packmule
Member Avatar
USNS Seaview...arriving!
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
megalon346
Aug 3 2006, 01:41 PM

Howdy. I just wanted to ask if you are still working on that fan game of yours? I know there are a few people here who would like to see your talents on display. Let me know how it's coming along if you have the time. And let me know how you're doing too. :)

Posted Image
Packmule's Pen

Johnny Rod
Member Avatar
The Dark Hero
[ * ]
packmule
Sep 9 2006, 07:04 AM
My apologies in advance for being a beggar  tongue-1 . Any chance for some links?  faster <!--emo&shifty eyes-->Posted Image<!--endemo-->

Hehehehe, that's fine Packmule.
Here's a link with lots of old games and their respective emulators, I think I posted the link before but it doesn't matter, it's such a great site: http://www.romnation.net/

The site has thousands of classic games including "Pacman" but it seems that "Donkey Kong" has been removed, there ARE games related to "Donkey Kong" though, probably some good ones too. Lots of Kaiju games in this site.

packmule
Member Avatar
USNS Seaview...arriving!
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Johnny Rod
Sep 9 2006, 04:06 PM
... but it seems that "Donkey Kong" has been removed

=Packmule beating the admin

Some how, some time, some way, I'll manage... tongue-1

Thanks for the link pal. :)

Posted Image
Packmule's Pen

Johnny Rod
Member Avatar
The Dark Hero
[ * ]
packmule
Sep 9 2006, 05:49 PM
Johnny Rod
Sep 9 2006, 04:06 PM
... but it seems that "Donkey Kong" has been removed

=Packmule beating the admin

Some how, some time, some way, I'll manage... tongue-1

Thanks for the link pal. :)

However, Packmule, I CAN get you Donkey Kong.
I should be able to find it soon, when I do I'll post it. ;)

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · Toggle Up-Video Gaming · Next Topic »
Add Reply
  • Pages:

Packmule's Pen

Theme Godzillica Created by .Xynic. exclusively for Monsterland Forums
Copyright 2011 All Rights Reserved