Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to MONSTERLAND FORUMS! We are a casual and friendly online community of movie fans who like to talk about giant monsters, horror and sci-fi in cinema, on television and on Blu Ray/DVD. There are forums for sports, casual chat and video games as well. For those of you who like making art, writing stories and creating videos, our community includes a forum for these submissions as well. Check out our main index page and other board forums! Anyone is welcome to join our community!

MONSTERLAND FORUMS was created on January 29, 2006 for the purpose of giving fans of giant monster films and other sci-fi/horror movies a friendly online meeting place to discuss all of their favorite films and other things of interest like video gaming and sports.

MONSTERLAND FORUMS has 298 members and over 166,000 posts. This online community is Zetaboards' fourth most active online community in the "Movies" category(among over 300 message boards).

Fall is almost here!

Our online community isn't the largest on the web but I think it's the best group with which to discuss all the movies we love to watch and also talk about other shared interests! For those of you checking out this message board for the first time give our forums a look: I think you'll like what you see!

GODZILLA(2014), produced by Legendary Pictures and directed by Gareth Edwards, has generated over $500 million in worldwide box office receipts and will release to Blu Ray/DVD on September 26th(2014)!

-Lee "Packmule" Merritt
site founder

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
The Official "Video Games.Gaming" Thread; Discuss video gaming(miscellaneous)
Topic Started: Jun 25 2006, 07:07 PM (27,805 Views)
Shawn
Member Avatar
All hail the Meerkat!
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
packmule
Mar 19 2012, 11:28 PM
A video gamer has filed a complaint with the Federal Trade Commission(FTC) as a result of his disdain for the ending of Bioware's "Mass Effect 3" video game. Read more: http://games.yahoo.com/blogs/plugged-in/outrage-over-mass-effect-3-ending-reaches-ftc-173411384.html
Why would the feds have anything to do whith a game's ending? huh?
Posted Image

Click Meh!
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

packmule
Member Avatar
Sue Shiomi fan
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Are you kidding me?

http://news.yahoo.com/why-world-warcraft-might-more-dates-match-com-232228745.html
Posted Image
Sister Street Fighter(1974) - trailer
The Sister Street Fighter Collection - DVD set
Packmule's Pen

gvamp
Community advanced member
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
Hey Lee there's some pretty attractive women who play MMO's I've seen several news stories of men and women meeting in an online video game, falling in love and getting married.
Click this for me: http://rewardgalaxy.com/?ref=637260

TrentonFella
Member Avatar
Monster Land's Private Ninja
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
gvamp
Mar 23 2012, 01:47 PM
Hey Lee there's some pretty attractive women who play MMO's I've seen several news stories of men and women meeting in an online video game, falling in love and getting married.
The gaming world has really changed in the past 20 years...now people are finding love in the gaming world?! shokked
Posted Image

Playstation ID: JerseyGentleman

packmule
Member Avatar
Sue Shiomi fan
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
I came across this article about what Sony's next generation of Playstation may be like and what it's called: http://games.yahoo.com/blogs/plugged-in/rumor-next-playstation-coming-2013-200015017.html
Posted Image
Packmule's Pen

Shawn
Member Avatar
All hail the Meerkat!
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
I wouldnt really mind not playing my PS3 games on a PS4 ... but I would mind not being able to buy used games ...
Posted Image

Click Meh!

Shawn
Member Avatar
All hail the Meerkat!
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
@ gvamp: Are you planing on getting the new Kid Icarus game for the 3DS?
Posted Image

Click Meh!

gvamp
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
Shawn
Apr 10 2012, 10:10 PM
Not any time soon, the only 3DS game I'm looking forward to is the new installment of Animal Crossing.

I'll probably rent the Kid Icuras game from Gamefly. As for handheld gaming purchases I'd rather focus on the Vita since I only have Uncharted for it but there's not really anything worthwhile coming out until next month when the new Resistance game comes out.

Shawn
Member Avatar
All hail the Meerkat!
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
gvamp
Apr 11 2012, 01:17 AM
Shawn
Not any time soon, the only 3DS game I'm looking forward to is the new installment of Animal Crossing.

I'll probably rent the Kid Icuras game from Gamefly. As for handheld gaming purchases I'd rather focus on the Vita since I only have Uncharted for it but there's not really anything worthwhile coming out until next month when the new Resistance game comes out.
Have you completed Uncharted yet?
Posted Image

Click Meh!

gvamp
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
Shawn
Apr 11 2012, 09:28 PM
gvamp
Apr 11 2012, 01:17 AM
Shawn

Have you completed Uncharted yet?
No I'm saving it for my Florida vacation I'm going to need something to play at the Airport and on the plane ride there and back.

Russzilla
Member Avatar
Community charter member
[ *  *  * ]
Yeeesssss! God of War: Ascension! I think i'm gonna cry. LOL.

http://ps3.ign.com/articles/122/1223275p1.html

Shawn
Member Avatar
All hail the Meerkat!
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
I think GOW is kinda overrated.
Posted Image

Click Meh!

TrentonFella
Member Avatar
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Shawn
Apr 20 2012, 09:47 PM
blasphemy! LOL
Posted Image

Shawn
Member Avatar
All hail the Meerkat!
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
TrentonFella
Apr 21 2012, 12:33 PM
Shawn
blasphemy! LOL
I only say this because there really isn't anything special about the GOW series. I have played 4 of the 5 games but there isnt anything that "pops out" about his character. He's just an angry guy with a f-ed up life. topper
Posted Image

Click Meh!

Russzilla
Member Avatar
Community charter member
[ *  *  * ]
Shawn
Shiiiiii. LOL.

packmule
Member Avatar
Sue Shiomi fan
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
I came across this article by Plugged In that outlines the multiple uses of video gaming consoles: http://games.yahoo.com/blogs/plugged-in/8-cool-things-game-console-232954117.html
Posted Image
Packmule's Pen

josh TX
Member Avatar
Community Hall Of Famer
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Shawn
Apr 21 2012, 01:29 PM
TrentonFella
Apr 21 2012, 12:33 PM
Shawn
blasphemy! LOL
I only say this because there really isn't anything special about the GOW series. I have played 4 of the 5 games but there isnt anything that "pops out" about his character. He's just an angry guy with a f-ed up life. topper
Alot of people don't people don't really connect with Kratos. I don't find him to be the most likable character myself, but it kind of makes it fun to diagree with some of his choices. And of course what I enjoy the game for most is the combat system and the ability to beat the tar out of some of the most epic characters ever created.

The GOW concept hasn't evolved a whole heck of alot over the past few iterations, but it really hasn't had to. The first game was so good, that changing it drastically just for the sake of "doing something different" would have robbed players of an experience that was worth visiting a second and third time. And the great thing is that each game had unique and weapons and characters that changed up the combat just enough to keep it from getting stale without robbing the games of the feel that everyone loved.

With Ascension, I'll be more than happy to play another GOW similar to the 5 Ive played in the past, but I'd be more welcoming of a more drastic change at this point. Some people have already written this game off as another "prequel", but I think we may be srprised at what the team comes up with this time. If they truly take the storyline back to a time before Kratos killed his family, it could make for some truly interesting scenarios.
Posted Image[/url]

gvamp
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
Looks like the game will bring something new to the table.

http://ps3.ign.com/articles/122/1223989p1.html

Shawn
Member Avatar
All hail the Meerkat!
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
I dont care weather a game has MP options or not. 98% of the time I dont play it. Ill play it once or twice (except KZ3) and put it down. MP is too hyped up by hardcore players. Im NOT hardcore player and I always get annoyed with the attitudes but I do play fighters online but not for long.
Posted Image

Click Meh!

TrentonFella
Member Avatar
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Shawn
Apr 30 2012, 07:11 PM
I dont care weather a game has MP options or not. 98% of the time I dont play it. Ill play it once or twice (except KZ3) and put it down. MP is too hyped up by hardcore players. Im NOT hardcore player and I always get annoyed with the attitudes but I do play fighters online but not for long.
I like playing MP with friends/people I know not with strangers/jerks/spoiled little kids. That's why I'm done with Call of Duty and all the other games of the like. These idiots really suck the fun out of the game...
Posted Image

josh TX
Member Avatar
Community Hall Of Famer
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
I remember all the fun I had with the original Lost Planet's multiplayer...It wasa blast to play, no one was rude, and I eventually made some friends and would jump on at specific times just to play with them.

I'm not sure why, but Ive never been able to replicate that online experience since. Ive enjoyed the MP in a few games since, but it's just never been the same. Once in a while I'll meet a cool person playing an online fighting game, but the 1st person shooters, I just can't do it anymore, at least not nearly as often.
Posted Image[/url]

gvamp
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
I've pretty much given up on MP myself unless like Trent its with a friend or family member other than that I don't touch it.

I'm sure playing a niche title something that isn't mainstream wouldn't be bad but like I said I really don't play MP that much. To many online dbags.

All these online tools use the same insults it's pretty sad and predictable.

josh TX
Member Avatar
Community Hall Of Famer
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Apparently the big Ios hit game "DrawSomething" is losing steam, fast:

http://www.joystiq.com/2012/05/02/report-draw-something-daily-users-declining-rapidly/

I guess you would call this another one of those "flavor of the week" casual games.
Posted Image[/url]

gvamp
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
Capcom's RPG Dragon's Dogma comes out in a few weeks anyone else picking it up? There's a demo out on PSN and Xbox Live and it was pretty fun despite being short.

I do hope some stuff is fixed for the demo.

packmule
Member Avatar
Sue Shiomi fan
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
According to this article the XBOX3 may finally be getting its own web browser: http://news.yahoo.com/blogs/technology-blog/better-never-xbox-360-may-finally-own-browser-174048585.html
Posted Image
Packmule's Pen

josh TX
Member Avatar
Community Hall Of Famer
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Early details on Halo 4's limited edition:

http://www.joystiq.com/2012/05/16/halo-4-limited-edition-includes-multiplayer-map-dlc-videos/
Posted Image[/url]

TrentonFella
Member Avatar
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
josh TX
May 16 2012, 09:20 PM
You know I never could get into the whole Halo series...really wanted to see what everyone else seen but it never happened.
Posted Image

NWV
Member Avatar
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
gvamp
May 9 2012, 12:35 AM
Capcom's RPG Dragon's Dogma comes out in a few weeks anyone else picking it up? There's a demo out on PSN and Xbox Live and it was pretty fun despite being short.

I do hope some stuff is fixed for the demo.
It's on my Birthday list. If I don't get it, I'll just wait till it hits $35. It looks awesome, but I'm still willing to wait patiently for it to drop in price.
Edited by NWV, May 23 2012, 01:21 PM.

josh TX
Member Avatar
Community Hall Of Famer
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
I wasnt going to try Dragon's Dogma, but with so many games getting pushed back to 2013, I may end up having time for it after all. If so, I will probably grab it when it hits $30 or less.
Posted Image[/url]

josh TX
Member Avatar
Community Hall Of Famer
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Anyone keeping up with E3 this year? There hasn't been too many surprises that we didn't already know about, but theres still some good info out there. The WiiU seems to be the only real new piece of hardware being shown, but there are some promising looking games on the Horizon for all systems.
Posted Image[/url]

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · Toggle Up-Video Gaming · Next Topic »
Add Reply

Packmule's Pen

Theme Godzillica Created by .Xynic. exclusively for Monsterland Forums
Copyright 2011 All Rights Reserved