Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to MONSTERLAND FORUMS! We are a casual and friendly online community of movie fans who like to talk about giant monsters, horror and sci-fi in cinema, on television and on Blu Ray/DVD. There are forums for sports, casual chat and video games as well. For those of you who like making art, writing stories and creating videos, our community includes a forum for these submissions as well. Check out our main index page and other board forums! Anyone is welcome to join our community!

MONSTERLAND FORUMS was created on January 29, 2006 for the purpose of giving fans of giant monster films and other sci-fi/horror movies a friendly online meeting place to discuss all of their favorite films and other things of interest like video gaming and sports.

MONSTERLAND FORUMS has 306 member registrations and over 173,000 posts. This online community is Zetaboards' sixth(6th) most active online community among over 383 similarly categorized message boards.

Spring is here!

Our online community is fairly small but I think it's the best group with which to discuss all the movies we love to watch and also talk about other shared interests! For those of you checking out this message board for the first time give our forums a look: I think you'll like what you see!

GODZILLA(2014), produced by Legendary Pictures and directed by Gareth Edwards, has generated over $521 million in worldwide box office receipts and is currently available on Blu Ray/DVD! A sequel is planned for 2018! Toho also recently announced that it will produce another "Godzilla" film in 2016! Legendary Pictures is planning a "Pacific Rim" sequel film for April, 2017!

-Lee "Packmule" Merritt
site founder

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
  • Pages:
The Official "Christmas" thread; Deck the halls!
Topic Started: Nov 24 2007, 07:25 AM (3,446 Views)
packmule
Member Avatar
Ben Grimm fan
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Seeing as I have already begun getting out a few Christmas decorations from my closet I decided to start this topic thread a little early this year. Discuss everything Christmas here. To start this thread off here's a template those posting here may, or may not want to use. All replies welcome. xmas smiley

Code:

[B]Are you going to put up a Christmas tree this year? Will it be a live or artificial tree?[/B]
[B]Do you go caroling?[/B]
[B]Do you have large family gatherings at Christmas?[/B]
[B]What are you hoping to get from "Santa" this year?[/B]
[B]Will you be giving out lots of presents to family and friends?[/B]
[B]Will you be doing any travelling(out of state) this Christmas?[/B]
[B]Do you have any Christmas traditions?[/B]

[B]How do you decorate for Christmas in your residence?[/B]
[B]What's your favorite Christmas movie?[/B]
[B]Do you prepare(cook) any special Christmas cuisine this time of year?[/b]
Posted Image
Packmule's Pen

Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Unregistered

Putting up Decorations soon, and already have the tree up.

Holiday Season already kicking off. :D
Quote Post Goto Top

josh TX
Member Avatar
Community Hall Of Famer
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
I will most likely, to save a bit of cash, use the artificial tree I have in the attic once again as opposed to purchasing a fresh one. We will probably start putting our Christmas stuff up around December 1st. I cant believe it is that time again already. The months seem to breeze by so quickly.
Posted Image[/url]

packmule
Member Avatar
Ben Grimm fan
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Are you going to put up a Christmas tree this year? Will it be a live or artificial tree? An artificial tree, about 3' tall, plus some artificial roping, all with blinking lights.
Do you go caroling? Nope. Never have and never will.
Do you have large family gatherings at Christmas? Not anymore. :(
What are you hoping to get from "Santa" this year? an external hard drive for my computer. "The Godzilla Collection" on DVD, another winter jacket
Will you be giving out lots of presents to family and friends? a few presents to close friends and the girlfriend
Will you be doing any traveling(out of state) this Christmas? Nope.
Do you have any Christmas traditions? Not really aside from giving my girlfriend, Gloria, jewelry as a Christmas gift. tongue-1

How do you decorate for Christmas in your residence? small artificial tree and the roping. Nothing else.
What's your favorite Christmas movie? It's A Wonderful Life.
Do you prepare(cook) any special Christmas cuisine this time of year? Not really, although I'm usually the recipient of some tasty leftovers from several friends and Gloria.

I love templates. tongue-1
Posted Image
Packmule's Pen

TrentonFella
Member Avatar
Monster Land's Private Ninja
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Are you going to put up a Christmas tree this year? Will it be a live or artificial tree? From what I hear the family is putting up a fake tree this year.
Do you go caroling? Umm no lol
Do you have large family gatherings at Christmas? I think ours will be mid-size this year
What are you hoping to get from "Santa" this year? A new ipod of some sort...that's all I asked for this year
Will you be giving out lots of presents to family and friends? As much as I can afford lol
Will you be doing any travelling(out of state) this Christmas? I'll be flying in for Christmas (just like thanksgiving)
Do you have any Christmas traditions? No, not anymore

How do you decorate for Christmas in your residence? We do everything but the outside of the house...inside the house it's pretty decked out.
What's your favorite Christmas movie? How the Grinch Stole Christmas LOL
Do you prepare(cook) any special Christmas cuisine this time of year? Do I cook something special for Christmas? I can't cook at all.... shifty eyes
Posted Image

Playstation ID: JerseyGentleman

packmule
Member Avatar
Ben Grimm fan
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
TrentonFella
Nov 25 2007, 01:31 PM
What are you hoping to get from "Santa" this year? A new ipod of some sort...that's all I asked for this year

No Dallas Cowboys Super Bowl title on your Christmas "wish" list this year, Trent? tongue-1
Posted Image
Packmule's Pen

KaijuFanatic
Member Avatar
DVD Fanatic
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
I LOVE Christmas, so I can talk about this holiday, anytime....as you're well aware Lee, Dan and a few others that may have seen my past posts. xmas smiley

Are you going to put up a Christmas tree this year? Will it be a live or artificial tree?

I used to have a gorgeous artificial tree, when I was still working, as my hours were so odd, artificial was the best choice. For the last nine years or so, it's been a real tree.....got the tree on Saturday and decorated it, yesterday.

Do you go caroling?

I actually went, as a kid, but now that I know how horrible I sing, I wouldn't put anyone through that, but I sing my heart out, here at home,

Do you have large family gatherings at Christmas?

Yes, Carol and I have been putting on a Christmas Eve afternoon get together for the last two years and we'll continue that, this year, too. Christmas Day, we spend the day with various family members, at Dad's as well as at Mom's.

What are you hoping to get from "Santa" this year?

DVDs, I have a huge wish list and if I get a few from that list, I'd be thrilled. I also wouldn't mind a new desk chair.

Will you b giving out lots of presents to family and friends?

Not as many as I could, when I was working, but definitely, with all the people I buy for, there's plenty to buy! Love every minute of it, though!

Will you be doing any travelling(out of state) this Christmas?

No, no traveling out of state and if Skeet and his family come here as well as Michael and some of his kids and we just go to Mom's, then I won't be traveling more than a few miles on Christmas Day.

Do you have any Christmas traditions?

Probably too many traditions to list, but here are a few:

-Advent Calendars
-Baking Cookies for Family and Friends
-Listening to as much Christmas music as possible
-Watching as many classic TV and classic Christmas films as possible
-Decorating as much as possible
-Doing our stockings on New Year's Eve, rather than Christmas

How do you decorate for Christmas in your residence?

We have the tree and many decorations up, but being the first year in the house, we haven't been able to decorate outside, as we need some outlets, out there!

What's your favorite Christmas movie?

Too tough to choose just one....White Christmas and Miracle On 34th Street (1947).

Do you prepare(cook) any special Christmas cuisine this time of year?

I don't, personally, but I'm always willing to eat something different. We bake one entire day, sometimes two days, though!

Great questions! xmas smiley xmas smiley
Hers, Mine & Our DVDs

Gojira
Member Avatar
Community member
[ * ]
Are you going to put up a Christmas tree this year? Will it be a live or artificial tree?
Yes Its always been a real tree

Do you go caroling?
Not any more I cant sing to save my lifePosted Image

Not any more Posted Image

dvds my list is always growing

Will you b giving out lots of presents to family and friends?
yes

nope I'll be staying home

we dont put up our tree till Christmas eve a tradition we had when the kids were young Santa brought our tree

full blowout inside and out

not a movie but Merry Christmas Charlie Brown

yes Fillet Minion
xmas smiley
Posted Image

packmule
Member Avatar
Ben Grimm fan
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Well, I finally got around to displaying my artificial Christmas tree. It's 4.5 feet tall and is decorated in a string of white, blinking lights. I will begin to place gifts, as I buy them over the next two weeks, under this small tree. I try to budget about $100-$125 for gifts for the four adults and one child(a nine year old daughter of one of my best friends) I buy for.
Posted Image
Packmule's Pen

Johnny Rod
Member Avatar
The Dark Hero
[ * ]
- Already have, it's artificial though. Mr Green

Do you go caroling?
- No. I never liked it.

- I spend Christmas with my family here in England, also, my Aunt and Uncle tend to join us for a few days.

- Lots of money! Soy I can buy myself some Dragon Ball Z DVD's!!!

Will you be giving out lots of presents to family and friends?
- I will try to, I already have presents for my brother, my mother, and my sisters.

- No, I hate travelling during Christmas.

- Well, my family usually go to Church, me and my Dad stay at home though. Also, we tend to have special meals during Cristmas, turkey, etc.

- With a tree, Christmas lights, stockings, and the odd decoration.

- Mmmh, possibly "The Snowman".

- I don't cook, no, I wouldn't want to poison anyone! tongue-1
'The void is that which stands right in the middle between this and that. The void is all-inclusive, having no opposite there is nothing which it excludes or opposes. It is living void, because all forms come out of it and whoever realizes the void is filled with life and power and the love of all things' - Bruce Lee

packmule
Member Avatar
Ben Grimm fan
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Well, I've started buying Christmas presents for the four people I shop for this time every year. I usually buy smaller ticket items and "package" them altogether in a box for each person, as opposed to just one single gift. My presents to these guys are always things they can use.
As I alluded to once before, I always buy my girlfriend Gloria some jewelry. My options are limited: she has expressed disdain at the idea of me buying her shoes and any kind of clothes. Seems she's wary of what I might buy her and is concerned, justifiably I admit, that she won't like what I get. tongue-1
What to buy a 46 year old woman(she's one year older than myself) who is about to pay off her house and makes roughly 2.5 times the income in salary, in a year, that I make? heyo
Posted Image
Packmule's Pen

Unregistered

My apologies to those that like to see me post here. Which isn't probably the lot of you lol.

i've been busy with Tohogate v4(Even finding it hard to post there too), and the holiday rush. So I won't be posting for a while. My deepest apologies.
Quote Post Goto Top

packmule
Member Avatar
Ben Grimm fan
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Dec 13 2007, 08:06 PM
My apologies to those that like to see me post here. Which isn't probably the lot of you

very funny

"3000"

i've been busy with Tohogate v4(Even finding it hard to post there too)
This time of year I'm more pressed for time as well, regarding MF.
"3000"

So I won't be posting for a while. My deepest apologies
I appreciate the sentiment but there's no need for apologies. Have a happy and safe Christmas holiday and we look forward to seeing you around here more often in 2008. :)
Posted Image
Packmule's Pen

josh TX
Member Avatar
Community Hall Of Famer
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
packmule
Dec 4 2007, 02:53 AM

What to buy a 46 year old woman(she's one year older than myself) who is about to pay off her house and makes roughly 2.5 times the income in salary, in a year, that I make? heyo

My girlfriend makes a significant amount more than me as well. :ph43r:

As far as Christmas shopping, I'm done. My Grandpa, who is tough to shop for, was the last person on my list, and I picked him up a nice hardback book of WWII paintings. I figured as a WWII vet, he may enjoy reminiscing while looking at some of the wonderful painting's included throughout the pages. Its probably a better gift than I was going to get him - a polo shirt, which is what I usually end up getting him or my Father when I cant find anything better.
Posted Image[/url]

packmule
Member Avatar
Ben Grimm fan
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Well, the Christmas shopping is just about finished. Here's the breakdown:

-for my best friend who lives in Delaware: two pairs of new work gloves, a new pair of tinted safety glasses, two DVDs(Kingdom Of Heaven and 300), and $25 cash. For his nine year old daughter: $25 cash

-for my two friends who live here in Atlanta(GA): $25 Home Depot gift cards for each

-for my girlfriend, Gloria: rather than buying one item I bought several: some perfume, a necklace, a new holster for her Blackberry, a DVD(Must Love Dogs, a romance-comedy). I'm going to add an arrangement of flowers to her gift "basket".

christmascossack

"josh TX"

My Grandpa, who is tough to shop for, was the last person on my list, and I picked him up a nice hardback book of WWII paintings
I hope your grandfather likes this book Josh. thumbs up
Posted Image
Packmule's Pen

packmule
Member Avatar
Ben Grimm fan
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
I decided to start this thread a little early so it would already be up and running going into Christmas Day, which is only a handful of days away now. What gifts have you received this Christmas? All replies welcome. christmascossack

Thread starter-

so far I have received the following gifts:

iPod Nano
Starbucks coffee/cocoa gift pack(including a mug)
one used leaf blower(an "Echo" brand and in very good condition)
one(1) honey baked ham
two(2) cans of "Trail Mix"(peanuts/raisins)
$20 cash
Posted Image
Packmule's Pen

josh TX
Member Avatar
Community Hall Of Famer
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Received an early Christmas gift: A long-sleeve Under Armor moisture wicking shirt which absorbs perspiration from your skin and then releases it as opposed to cotton shirts which just soak up sweat. I love these shirts, they are great for running. It really sucks to be on the 3rd or 4th mile of a run and having your cotton tee weighing you down with sweat. With these shirts you dont even feel the sweat.
Posted Image[/url]

packmule
Member Avatar
Ben Grimm fan
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Well, I got another Christmas "present", of sorts, today: my Christmas bonus from my employer. At the end of our work year(which was today) we receive our regular weekly paycheck, a week's paid vacation(the same amount as my weekly check), and a Christmas bonus. This year's bonus was $315, which is well over $100 more than last year's.

TreeX
Posted Image
Packmule's Pen

josh TX
Member Avatar
Community Hall Of Famer
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
That's a great gift to get from an employer. Congratulations. SantaX
Posted Image[/url]

packmule
Member Avatar
Ben Grimm fan
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
josh TX
Dec 21 2007, 08:18 PM
That's a great gift to get from an employer. Congratulations.

Thanks, Josh. You can believe I worked my tail off for it.

Posted Image
Packmule's Pen

TrentonFella
Member Avatar
Monster Land's Private Ninja
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
packmule
Nov 25 2007, 05:34 PM
TrentonFella
Nov 25 2007, 01:31 PM

No Dallas Cowboys Super Bowl title on your Christmas "wish" list this year, Trent? tongue-1

I didn't even see this...but I wouldn't put that on a wish list...since it will happen :D
Posted Image

Playstation ID: JerseyGentleman

packmule
Member Avatar
Ben Grimm fan
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Though not Christmas presents I did receive a nice little present in the mail today: an A T & T rewards center mailer which notified me I was eligible for some kind of reward for re-signing with A T & T back in late October(after discontinuing my Comcast phone and internet service). I'll be receiving, in late January, a $100 Visa gift card and a $50 check from A T & T.

dancing admin
Posted Image
Packmule's Pen

josh TX
Member Avatar
Community Hall Of Famer
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Ok, here goes my list: (Yes I am pretty spoiled and a large family helps)

About 200.00 cash from various folks
Fishing Pole
3 Moisture wick longsleeve athletic shirts
Universal Monster Movie DVDs:

Dracula
Frankenstein
Creature From The Black Lagoon

Star Wars Trilogy DVD set
Planet Earth Blu-ray set
40.00 Circuit city giftcard
Manhunt 2 playstation 2 game
Blanket
Sweater
Wallet
30.00 Babies r us giftcard for my soon to be born kid
"Book Of The Dead" A guide to the history of zombie cinema by Jamie Russell

Whew. What a haul. Im one happy kid this Christmas.
Posted Image[/url]

Gojira
Member Avatar
Community member
[ * ]
Here is my list:

Western Digital 250 gig portable hd
The Godzilla collection
Harry Potter and th Order of the Phoenix
new headphones for my Ipod
an awesome Klingon beer glass from my son
Farmers Almanac (I get one every year)
3 Long sleeve T shirts
socks
A book on Native American Beading and Jewelry
Some Blue point Beer (micro brewed here on Long Island)

It was a very nice Christmas this year
Posted Image

packmule
Member Avatar
Ben Grimm fan
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Gojira
Dec 27 2007, 12:26 PM
Farmers Almanac (I get one every year)

I understand that these publications are extremely accurate at predicting the weather every year, generally about 80% accurate(or higher). thumbs up

Looks like a nice list of gifts, Gojira.

"josh TX"

Universal Monster Movie DVDs:

Dracula
Frankenstein
Creature From The Black Lagoon
Absolute classics, all of them. You'll really enjoy all of these movies, Josh. :)
Posted Image
Packmule's Pen

TheDreadedGodOfKaiju
Member Avatar
Australian Godzilla Fan
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
I really need to look through my presents.

there's two presents I remember easily.

My Mobile phone and a new webcam. :D
"When death calls, don't be in a hurry to answer" - Richard B. Riddick, The Chronicles Of Riddick: Assault On Dark Athena.

Posted Image

packmule
Member Avatar
Ben Grimm fan
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
gojiramatthew
Dec 27 2007, 07:40 PM
My Mobile phone

Is this your first cell phone, Matthew or does it replace an older one?
Posted Image
Packmule's Pen

TheDreadedGodOfKaiju
Member Avatar
Australian Godzilla Fan
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Quote:

Is this your first cell phone, Matthew or does it replace an older one?

Its is my first.

I got the webcam so me and my friend could continue the AHP's. ;)
"When death calls, don't be in a hurry to answer" - Richard B. Riddick, The Chronicles Of Riddick: Assault On Dark Athena.

Posted Image

KexMex
Member Avatar
Transgendered transcultural transracial transspeciesist
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
I got books. And a hat. And a cell phone.

The hat I can use. The rest? Screw 'em.

And I got a very disappointing Christmas Eve in...... eek.... Scania. (Note: Swedish Christmas is celebrated on Christmas Eve, not Christmas Day)
This is a signature. Signatures on message boards consist of text and/or pictures appearing underneath every post by the signature's owner.

packmule
Member Avatar
Ben Grimm fan
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
KexMex
Dec 28 2007, 05:03 PM
I got books. And a hat. And a cell phone.

The hat I can use. The rest? Screw 'em.

Well, Kex, if you don't want the cell phone or books perhaps you might consider donating them to some kind of charity. There are charities that take unwanted items, such as these, here in the United States. Obviously I don't know about your home country. You seem disgruntled about the whole Christmas holiday...if I'm reading you right. confused

"Scania": I'm not familiar with that word.
Posted Image
Packmule's Pen

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · Casual chat · Next Topic »
Add Reply
  • Pages:

Packmule's Pen

Frankenstein Created Bikers (35mm film) -indie film project

Theme Godzillica Created by .Xynic. exclusively for Monsterland Forums
Copyright 2011 All Rights Reserved