Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to MONSTERLAND FORUMS! We are a casual and friendly online community of movie fans who like to talk about giant monsters, horror and sci-fi in cinema, on television and on Blu Ray/DVD. There are forums for sports, casual chat and video games as well. For those of you who like making art, writing stories and creating videos, our community includes a forum for these submissions as well. Check out our main index page and other board forums! Anyone is welcome to join our community!

MONSTERLAND FORUMS was created on January 29, 2006 for the purpose of giving fans of giant monster films and other sci-fi/horror movies a friendly online meeting place to discuss all of their favorite films and other things of interest like video gaming and sports.

MONSTERLAND FORUMS has 291 members and over 161,000 posts. This online community is Zetaboards' fourth most active online community in the "Movies" category(among over 300 message boards).

Spring is nearly here! I would like to wish our online community a safe spring and summer!

Our online community isn't the largest on the web but I think it's the best group with which to discuss all the movies we love to watch and also talk about other shared interests! For those of you checking out this message board for the first time give our forums a look: I think you'll like what you see!

GODZILLA(2014), produced by Legendary Pictures and directed by Gareth Edwards, opens in theaters in May, 2014 as the king of monsters returns to the big screen!

-Lee "Packmule" Merritt
site founder

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
  • Pages:
Angry Farmhands (2010); Started filming
Topic Started: May 20 2009, 10:06 PM (2,178 Views)
CrowMagnumMan
Member Avatar
Community Hall Of Famer
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
A couple of days ago we started filming Angry Farmhands, a sequel to Greedy Farmhands. See video.

Here are some stills from the first day of shooting.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

If you have any questions about the film, I'd love to answer them. Although I suppose I don't want to give away too many spoilers this early on.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

packmule
Member Avatar
Godzilla fan
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Thanks for posting this. I'm going to look over the video when I get off work today(after 4 PM). winky

Posted Image
Packmule's Pen
Godzilla(2014) - international trailer
Dr. Lyle Rossiter on liberals in the U.S.: "Like spoiled, angry children, they rebel against the normal responsibilities of adulthood and demand that a parental government meet their needs from cradle to grave."

CrowMagnumMan
Member Avatar
Community Hall Of Famer
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
packmule
May 21 2009, 05:00 AM
Thanks for posting this. I'm going to look over the video when I get off work today(after 4 PM). winky
You're welcome and thanks. Mr. Smiles

packmule
Member Avatar
Godzilla fan
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Was there anything(or anyone) in particular that inspired you to make a video with this subject material?

Posted Image
Packmule's Pen
Dr. Lyle Rossiter on liberals in the U.S.: "Like spoiled, angry children, they rebel against the normal responsibilities of adulthood and demand that a parental government meet their needs from cradle to grave."

CrowMagnumMan
Member Avatar
Community Hall Of Famer
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
packmule
May 24 2009, 09:09 AM
Was there anything(or anyone) in particular that inspired you to make a video with this subject material?
Yeah, there were a number of things that inspired me.

1. All the action movies I liked growing up. This movie is sort of an homage to movies like Commando, Predator, the Rambo movies, etc.

2. My brother and uncle, who play two major characters in the film. They were a huge part of what got me interested in doing the movie.

3. The first film, Greedy Farmhands. It's become something special to use, and we thought that more than any other movie I've made, it deserves a sequel.

CrowMagnumMan
Member Avatar
Community Hall Of Famer
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]

Bajo de Inedrez

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image
Edited by CrowMagnumMan, Jun 4 2009, 05:25 PM.

packmule
Member Avatar
Godzilla fan
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
My Spanish is a little rusty,,,but bajo means "under" or low", right? heyo

Posted Image
Packmule's Pen

CrowMagnumMan
Member Avatar
Community Hall Of Famer
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
packmule
Jun 4 2009, 05:33 PM
My Spanish is a little rusty,,,but bajo means "under" or low", right? heyo
Haha, yep. In the first one he was the tallest villain, so we called him that to be ironic.

CrowMagnumMan
Member Avatar
Community Hall Of Famer
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]

Pedro de Hugo

The Cold Weather Look

EDIT: Sorry. Had to remove these.
Edited by CrowMagnumMan, Jul 13 2009, 06:28 PM.

packmule
Member Avatar
Godzilla fan
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Gregg, these weapons these guys in the images are brandishing aren't real...are they? heyo very funny

Posted Image
Packmule's Pen

CrowMagnumMan
Member Avatar
Community Hall Of Famer
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
packmule
Jun 5 2009, 05:05 PM
Gregg, these weapons these guys in the images are brandishing aren't real...are they? heyo very funny
Haha, nope. Just plastic props. They'll do quite well for my uses, though. I thought about going with real guns so I could get more authentic muzzle flashes, but then decided that it would be too dangerous.

packmule
Member Avatar
Godzilla fan
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
crowmagnumman
Jun 5 2009, 05:21 PM
I thought about going with real guns so I could get more authentic muzzle flashes, but then decided that it would be too dangerous
I concur with your decision here. I've handled firearms(mostly pistols) and I can tell you that there is absolutely zero room for error or any carelessness when using them. That applies to guns whether they're loaded...or not. winky

Posted Image
Packmule's Pen

CrowMagnumMan
Member Avatar
Community Hall Of Famer
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
packmule
Jun 5 2009, 05:32 PM
crowmagnumman
Jun 5 2009, 05:21 PM
I thought about going with real guns so I could get more authentic muzzle flashes, but then decided that it would be too dangerous
I concur with your decision here. I've handled firearms(mostly pistols) and I can tell you that there is absolutely zero room for error or any carelessness when using them. That applies to guns whether they're loaded...or not. winky
Glad you agree with my decision. Even blanks can be dangerous up close.

packmule
Member Avatar
Godzilla fan
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
What kind of recording device, that is a camcorder or other video camera, do you use to make these videos and short features? heyo

Posted Image
Packmule's Pen

CrowMagnumMan
Member Avatar
Community Hall Of Famer
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
packmule
Jun 6 2009, 07:11 AM
What kind of recording device, that is a camcorder or other video camera, do you use to make these videos and short features? heyo
For most of my older videos I used an older Panasonic miniDV camcorder. I'm not sure what the exact brand is.

But for more recent videos, like Alone, Insta-phobatrex, and now Angry Farmhands, I've been using a Canon HV20 camcorder.

CrowMagnumMan
Member Avatar
Community Hall Of Famer
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
First teaser poster.

Posted Image
Larger version: http://i8.photobucket.com/albums/a15/Sgt_Crow/Angry%20Farmhands/thru_tunnel_oldfilm_title_mesquite_.jpg

Pedro finds himself in a dark lair surrounded by unknown, terrifying new enemies.
Posted Image
Larger version: http://i8.photobucket.com/albums/a15/Sgt_Crow/Angry%20Farmhands/silhouette1_deep_red.jpg

Pedro faces another one of the Dark Soldiers.
Posted Image
Larger version: http://i8.photobucket.com/albums/a15/Sgt_Crow/Angry%20Farmhands/outside_tunnel1_orangefilter.jpg
Edited by CrowMagnumMan, Jul 13 2009, 06:36 PM.

packmule
Member Avatar
Godzilla fan
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Great work! thumbz up

Posted Image
Packmule's Pen

CrowMagnumMan
Member Avatar
Community Hall Of Famer
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
packmule
Jul 14 2009, 04:24 AM
Great work! thumbz up
Thanks pack. big grin

gojiramatthew
Member Avatar
Now I am become death, the destroyer of worlds....
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Great work CrowMagnumMan. topper thumbz up
"The arrogance of man is thinking nature is in our control.... and not the other way around"

Posted Image

CrowMagnumMan
Member Avatar
Community Hall Of Famer
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
gojiramatthew
Jul 15 2009, 02:14 AM
Great work CrowMagnumMan. topper thumbz up
And thank you Goji. big grin I will try to keep updating this thread with new stuff from the movie whenever I can.

CrowMagnumMan
Member Avatar
Community Hall Of Famer
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
From on-location shooting today.

Posted Image
Larger version: http://i8.photobucket.com/albums/a15/Sgt_Crow/Angry%20Farmhands/IMG_0529.jpg

packmule
Member Avatar
Godzilla fan
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
The area in that last image looks very arid. See any tarantulas or rattlesnakes milling about? heyo

Posted Image
Packmule's Pen

CrowMagnumMan
Member Avatar
Community Hall Of Famer
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
packmule
Jul 17 2009, 06:39 PM
The area in that last image looks very arid. See any tarantulas or rattlesnakes milling about? heyo
Nope. But my brother did see a small lizard. It's been pretty hot lately, but I think it might be still too far north for tarantulas. There are definitely rattlesnakes in my general area, but I don't know if there are any where we went or not. It seems likely.

packmule
Member Avatar
Godzilla fan
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Will this film and others you shoot appear as "widescreen" images?

Posted Image
Packmule's Pen

CrowMagnumMan
Member Avatar
Community Hall Of Famer
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
packmule
Jul 17 2009, 07:26 PM
Will this film and others you shoot appear as "widescreen" images?
Absolutely. From now on I want to film all of my movies in 16:9 widescreen format and High Definition.

packmule
Member Avatar
Godzilla fan
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
crowmagnumman
Jul 17 2009, 09:37 PM
Absolutely. From now on I want to film all of my movies in 16:9 widescreen format and High Definition
Do you have the "widescreen" option on your video camera or do you have to edit it later?

Posted Image
Packmule's Pen

CrowMagnumMan
Member Avatar
Community Hall Of Famer
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
packmule
Jul 18 2009, 06:40 AM
Do you have the "widescreen" option on your video camera or do you have to edit it later?
My camera is built to film in 16:9 widescreen. Even the viewfinder is 16:9. One can choose to film in standard with it, and the camera will automatically crop the footage to 4:3, but I almost never use that option.

packmule
Member Avatar
Godzilla fan
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
What would constitute "post" production for you, regarding this film you're making?

Posted Image
Packmule's Pen

gojiramatthew
Member Avatar
Now I am become death, the destroyer of worlds....
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
I like the location pictures your posting, the film is getting me more interested. topper

I wish I could have a role in it... but you don't need a narrator. sadlyicon
"The arrogance of man is thinking nature is in our control.... and not the other way around"

Posted Image

packmule
Member Avatar
Godzilla fan
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
gojiramatthew
Jul 18 2009, 11:47 PM
I wish I could have a role in it... but you don't need a narrator
Who knows, Matthew: maybe Gregg(crowmagnumman) could use a "grip" or "best boy" on the set of his film...to run errands and/or fetch water for the thirsty actors. tongue-1

Posted Image
Packmule's Pen

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · Fan submissions: video · Next Topic »
Add Reply
  • Pages:

Packmule's Pen

Toho Godzilla Collection Blu Ray sets giveaway

Theme Godzillica Created by .Xynic. exclusively for Monsterland Forums
Copyright 2011 All Rights Reserved