Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to MONSTERLAND FORUMS! We are a casual and friendly online community of movie fans who like to talk about giant monsters, horror and sci-fi in cinema, on television and on Blu Ray/DVD. There are forums for sports, casual chat and video games as well. For those of you who like making art, writing stories and creating videos, our community includes a forum for these submissions as well. Check out our main index page and other board forums! Anyone is welcome to join our community!

MONSTERLAND FORUMS was created on January 29, 2006 for the purpose of giving fans of giant monster films and other sci-fi/horror movies a friendly online meeting place to discuss all of their favorite films and other things of interest like video gaming and sports.

MONSTERLAND FORUMS has 298 members and over 168,000 posts. This online community is Zetaboards' fourth most active online community in the "Movies" category(among over 300 message boards).

Fall is here!

Our online community isn't the largest on the web but I think it's the best group with which to discuss all the movies we love to watch and also talk about other shared interests! For those of you checking out this message board for the first time give our forums a look: I think you'll like what you see!

GODZILLA(2014), produced by Legendary Pictures and directed by Gareth Edwards, has generated over $500 million in worldwide box office receipts and will release to Blu Ray/DVD on September 26th(2014)!

-Lee "Packmule" Merritt
site founder

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
  • Pages:
Angry Farmhands (2010); Started filming
Topic Started: May 20 2009, 10:06 PM (2,347 Views)
CrowMagnumMan
Member Avatar
Community Hall Of Famer
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
packmule
Jul 19 2009, 12:09 AM
gojiramatthew
Jul 18 2009, 11:47 PM
I wish I could have a role in it... but you don't need a narrator
Who knows, Matthew: maybe Gregg(crowmagnumman) could use a "grip" or "best boy" on the set of his film...to run errands and/or fetch water for the thirsty actors. tongue-1
I'd love to have Matt act in it or work as a P.A., key grip, best boy, etc., but considering the massive distance between us, I suppose Matt wouldn't have much he could do. He'll have to wait until I film my Lost in Space show in Australia someday. Mr. Smiles

Quote:

What would constitute "post" production for you, regarding this film you're making?

I'd call everything done after the actual filming "post-production." So that would include capturing the footage to the computer, editing the footage in any way, recording sound effects and adding them to the footage, composing/performing/recording the score, etc. Everything it takes to turn the footage I've recorded into a complete film.
Edited by CrowMagnumMan, Jul 19 2009, 04:35 PM.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

packmule
Member Avatar
Ground pounder
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
crowmagnumman

So that would include capturing the footage to the computer
You connect the camera directly to your computer? heyo

Posted Image
Packmule's Pen
Wishing the entire member community a safe and happy Christmas holiday!

Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

CrowMagnumMan
Member Avatar
Community Hall Of Famer
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
packmule
Jul 20 2009, 04:38 AM
crowmagnumman

So that would include capturing the footage to the computer
You connect the camera directly to your computer? heyo
Yep. It records the footage digitally and then puts it on miniDV tapes. I then hook the camera up to the computer using a firewire cable, and then capture it with the appropriate software. Some newer cameras have built-in hard drives or use SD cards, making it even easier to get the footage onto a computer.

Thankfully my camera films in 24 frames-per-second progressive, just what I need to make it look like a movie, but I still have to use some software to remove the 3:2 pulldown. Pulldown is a few extra frames added in to make it look better when played on a TV, but it's better to remove it to get a more cinematic look.
Edited by CrowMagnumMan, Jul 20 2009, 11:29 PM.

packmule
Member Avatar
Ground pounder
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Gregg, have you ever "burned" any of your films to DVD-R and distributed to family and/or friends? heyo

Posted Image
Packmule's Pen

CrowMagnumMan
Member Avatar
Community Hall Of Famer
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
packmule
Jul 22 2009, 05:26 PM
Gregg, have you ever "burned" any of your films to DVD-R and distributed to family and/or friends? heyo
Yep. I've burned all of my movies to DVD and sometimes distributed them among friends and family. Although usually only when they request a copy. I will probably make a lot more copies for Angry Farmhands than any of my previous films. I want as many people to see it as possible.

packmule
Member Avatar
Ground pounder
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Have you ever constructed any props for use in this film or other film made by you?

Posted Image
Packmule's Pen

TheDreadedGodOfKaiju
Member Avatar
Australian Godzilla Fan
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
"CrowMagnumMan"

He'll have to wait until I film my Lost in Space show in Australia someday. Mr. Smiles

I will wait, but I'm still open for voice acting as Narrator and stuff. topper

And who is your character in Angry Farmhands?. heyo
Godzilla is love. Godzilla is life.

Posted Image

CrowMagnumMan
Member Avatar
Community Hall Of Famer
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
packmule
Jul 26 2009, 12:22 AM
Have you ever constructed any props for use in this film or other film made by you?
A few. But nothing really major yet. There's been some set building and a few props, and there will be more complex props later on in the filming process.

As for other films, I think we haven't really done much in the way of props up until now. I'm usually a pretty lazy filmmaker. I like to use what's already built or modify it to suit my purposes. But occasionally I've built something. Like the spike trap from Greedy Farmhands. We actually had to rebuilt that for a scene in Angry Farmhands. We could have done a much more vicious-looking trap now, but we wanted it to look just like it did in the first one.

Quote:

I will wait, but I'm still open for voice acting as Narrator and stuff. topper

Thanks. Mr. Smiles I will at least keep you in mind in case something comes up.

Quote:

And who is your character in Angry Farmhands?. heyo

I play Sam Jones. Ex-special forces soldier who fought in Vietnam. He had a wife and son once, but his son was killed in Greedy Farmhands. And his wife's fate is being kept a secret for now. There's always the chance that we'll explain what happened to her eventually.

As we saw in Greedy Farmhands, Sam returned from Vietnam to exact justice on Pedro and Bajo, and he is last seen walking into the sunset after a massive explosion destroyed his farm/vineyard in Mexico.

In Angry Farmhands we show what happened to him after that.

packmule
Member Avatar
Ground pounder
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Have you ever, thus far, tried submitting any of your work(films) to any studios, large or small?

Posted Image
Packmule's Pen

CrowMagnumMan
Member Avatar
Community Hall Of Famer
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
packmule
Jul 26 2009, 06:54 PM
Have you ever, thus far, tried submitting any of your work(films) to any studios, large or small?
Nope. Up until now, all of my work has included copyrighted music and sound effects, so I couldn't really call it completely my work.

Angry Farmhands will be my first attempt at making something I can submit to film festivals or studios.

packmule
Member Avatar
Ground pounder
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
crowmagnumman
Jul 27 2009, 06:51 PM
Angry Farmhands will be my first attempt at making something I can submit to film festivals or studios
Film festivals and/or studios...any in particular you have in mind?

Posted Image
Packmule's Pen

CrowMagnumMan
Member Avatar
Community Hall Of Famer
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
packmule
Jul 27 2009, 07:28 PM
Film festivals and/or studios...any in particular you have in mind?
Well first off I was thinking of sending it to this theater. I think they would probably play it there. I don't know what kind of turnout they get there, but it's a start anyway.

http://www.super8cinemas.com/

Besides that, I'm not really sure yet. I figured I'd wait until I was a lot closer to releasing it to do a search for the best film festivals. I used to read into that a lot more, but I've forgotten what the best ones are.

I think I'll probably wait on sending it to a studio, at least until I get an impression of what people think of it at film festivals. Basically I want to just get it out there and give as many people the chance to see it as possible.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · Fan submissions: video · Next Topic »
Add Reply
  • Pages:

Packmule's Pen

Theme Godzillica Created by .Xynic. exclusively for Monsterland Forums
Copyright 2011 All Rights Reserved