Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to MONSTERLAND FORUMS! We are a casual and friendly online community of movie fans who like to talk about giant monsters, horror and sci-fi in cinema, on television and on Blu Ray/DVD. There are forums for sports, casual chat and video games as well. For those of you who like making art, writing stories and creating videos, our community includes a forum for these submissions as well. Check out our main index page and other board forums! Anyone is welcome to join our community!

MONSTERLAND FORUMS was created on January 29, 2006 for the purpose of giving fans of giant monster films and other sci-fi/horror movies a friendly online meeting place to discuss all of their favorite films and other things of interest like video gaming and sports.

MONSTERLAND FORUMS has 298 members and over 166,000 posts. This online community is Zetaboards' fourth most active online community in the "Movies" category(among over 300 message boards).

Fall is almost here!

Our online community isn't the largest on the web but I think it's the best group with which to discuss all the movies we love to watch and also talk about other shared interests! For those of you checking out this message board for the first time give our forums a look: I think you'll like what you see!

GODZILLA(2014), produced by Legendary Pictures and directed by Gareth Edwards, has generated over $500 million in worldwide box office receipts and will release to Blu Ray/DVD on September 26th(2014)!

-Lee "Packmule" Merritt
site founder

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Execration: A Scream Story
Topic Started: Aug 22 2010, 11:02 AM (978 Views)
G2Kmaster
Member Avatar
Head Onmyoji of Monsterland Forums
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]

Posted Image
Comming Winter 2010

Production Diaries Shall be kept on my forum blog over at Kaiju Galaxy:
http://s4.zetaboards.com/KaijuGalaxy/blog/main/139587/
2 have been produced thus far.

Here's my teaser:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-e8jszl5kcI
From Video Description:
"A teen who is a horror adict tries to find the meaning of life in slasher films while the path of maturity in his young adult life is starting to point out to him some of the realities behind the slasher films he thought was so fun and learning that many killers (Halloween 2 Murderer and the Otaku Murderer) have taken up slasher personas like Michael Myers to cary on these deeds. How will these effect our troubled teen?"

So, any opinions and such?
Posted Image
At the end of a 10 year wait, look in the box below.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

packmule
Member Avatar
Batgirl is badass
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
G2Kmaster
Aug 22 2010, 11:02 AM
heyo

G2KMaster

So, any opinions and such?
Uh, respectfully, if you were trying to convey terror while laying in bed then I would say put a little more emotion into it. Not saying you weren't convincing...just saying I believe you could be more convincing. winky

Posted Image
Packmule's Pen
Signature image effects courtesy of Marcel "Xstinct" DiAngelo

G2Kmaster
Member Avatar
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Not terror, insanity.

Another trailer is in the works. And 15 minutes of actual footage for the film has been film.
Posted Image

packmule
Member Avatar
Batgirl is badass
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Is the creation of this a signal you're going to dabble in short film making? Or is it just something to do out of curiosity?

Posted Image
Packmule's Pen

G2Kmaster
Member Avatar
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
I am dabling into film making. However, this film has nothing "short" about it. This film is going to be feature length. I am not saying LOTR length, but something the length of "Godzilla, King of the Monsters" is what I am going for. Sure, I am working on a $0 budget (litteraly), but I am using a lot of locations (a neighboorhood street, forest, video store, and my house's rooms), I got a soundtrack going, and also an original song and music video by fellow kaiju aficionado Logan Bombard and his Atreyu-esque band, "Artax" (it's all a neverending story baby!). But most of all, this film has a plot. The scenes have a purpose. It has style. It will have some sort of class as far as the cinematography goes (major Carpenter influence and some Kubrick). And the film has a good meaning/morale behind it. The scenes that I have let "go out of the bag" may not make sense thus far, but it will. Once everything is editted togeather, it will be cool and who knows what might be done with it as far as word of it gets out there. Soon I will start requenting alot of horror boards and ask some people such as horror hosts to try to promote this film.
Posted Image

packmule
Member Avatar
Batgirl is badass
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Question: who the hell is Logan Bombard? heyo

Posted Image
Packmule's Pen

G2Kmaster
Member Avatar
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
A Godzilla fan I have made friend's with via facebook.
Posted Image

G2Kmaster
Member Avatar
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
G2Kmaster
Aug 25 2010, 03:12 PM
A Godzilla fan I have made friend's with via facebook.

Here's a new trailer.
Posted Image

packmule
Member Avatar
Batgirl is badass
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Quote:

Respectfully, here's some constructive criticism: you're using a mask already made famous by a very successful horror movie franchise. The fact your story is derived from such a recognizable horror movie franchise may IMO make your story less well received because some folks may not think it to be original. Just my opinion. winky

Posted Image
Packmule's Pen

G2Kmaster
Member Avatar
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
I see where you are getting at, however, I have no choice to but to wear the mask due to three things:

1. I am working on a strickly $0 budget. Even if I had money to spend, I want to be able to show I can make a film on nothing.
2. The Scream mask helps tie me in with a very important thing which Dan Wickwire and his video which he has done for the film ties in with.
3. The title of the film Execration means "something that damns". It is describing the mask. Something that also damns is the grim reaper, which is what is on my shirt when I am wearing the mask. Other observations about the mask are revealed early in the film.

I hope this has shed some light on the subject. I am liking this convos...
Posted Image

packmule
Member Avatar
Batgirl is badass
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
G2Kmaster
Aug 28 2010, 08:02 PM
I am working on a strickly $0 budget. Even if I had money to spend, I want to be able to show I can make a film on nothing
You can make a film(of sorts) on a low or "no" budget...but that doesn't mean you have to copy(to some degree) a character or symbol from another horror movie franchise. My advice: come up with something original, something YOU think of that's never been used by anybody before. Again, just my opinion. At any rate, good luck and I'll watch anything you make.

Posted Image
Packmule's Pen

G2Kmaster
Member Avatar
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Can't say that your advice isn't usefull. Let's see what comes of this project.
Posted Image

packmule
Member Avatar
Batgirl is badass
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
G2Kmaster
Aug 28 2010, 08:19 PM
Can't say that your advice isn't usefull. Let's see what comes of this project
If your story is meant to be a horror tale then make yourself look scary...or create a scarier effect than simply putting on a "Ghostface" mask. winky

Posted Image
Packmule's Pen

G2Kmaster
Member Avatar
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
The terror doesn't come from me looking scary. It has to do with people. Not all films are for everyone and slasher films do not create monsters, it is the person's psychological being that turns them into monsters.
Posted Image

packmule
Member Avatar
Batgirl is badass
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
G2Kmaster
Aug 29 2010, 10:46 PM
Not all films are for everyone and slasher films do not create monsters, it is the person's psychological being that turns them into monsters
Maybe. If that's the case then work on making your own "psychological being" scarier. How? How about some shrieks, screams or other animal like noises. Watch the Franken-boy giant from FCTW: he's definitely got a creepy psychological being. The fake, deformed teeth are optional. tongue-1

Posted Image
Packmule's Pen

G2Kmaster
Member Avatar
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
I see what you are recomending I do now. Sadly, that material will in all likelyhood not in any trailers. I would like to keep some aspects such as that kept to the film.
Posted Image

packmule
Member Avatar
Batgirl is badass
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
G2Kmaster
Aug 30 2010, 04:46 PM
I see what you are recommending I do now. Sadly, that material will in all likelihood not be in any trailers
heyo

I see. Why not include this element? Would it be too much to do over?

Posted Image
Packmule's Pen

G2Kmaster
Member Avatar
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
I just don't want to reveal everything within the trailers.
Posted Image

packmule
Member Avatar
Batgirl is badass
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
G2Kmaster
Aug 30 2010, 09:10 PM
I just don't want to reveal everything within the trailers
I understand. Good luck with the rest of this story and related videos. winky

Posted Image
Packmule's Pen

G2Kmaster
Member Avatar
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]

Viral marketing for the film and a video which my character watches. I would also like to mention that those who watch, please pay attention to how the words and the images paralelle eachother.
Edited by G2Kmaster, Sep 3 2010, 07:33 PM.
Posted Image

packmule
Member Avatar
Batgirl is badass
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
G2Kmaster
Sep 3 2010, 07:31 PM

Viral marketing for the film and a video which my character watches
Can you explain to me how this video is "viral" marketing for your work? I understand the subject matter connection but I don't see the marketing angle here. Also, your mention of "a video my character watches": is there any mention in this video of you doing that? If not how am I supposed to know you're doing that? Or am I the viewer supposed to know?

Posted Image
Packmule's Pen

G2Kmaster
Member Avatar
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
It's viral in that at the very end you know it has to do with the project because the poster is at the end. Gives some details but you don't really see any actual film footage. Like the Cloverfield stuff of that woman making vids for her BF and such.
Posted Image

packmule
Member Avatar
Batgirl is badass
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Uh, have there have been any more updates? heyo

Posted Image
Packmule's Pen

G2Kmaster
Member Avatar
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Nope. Unless you consider a concept for a "Hellraiser" film to be something.

It would just be showing the process of someone who had found the box. However, it is through that process that we have our story gain it's meat -

1. Mental pain - when the Cenobites make the main character go through emotional torment, we have two things going on - the Cenobites remind him of things he really did on earth that he is guilty about and feels guilty for (like being a vulture in this capitolist economy - a real "Gordon Gekko") and stuff which the Cenobites make up (like the main character looking up kiddie pr0n, some really sick stuff).
2. Physical pain - gonna be hard to top Frank's final scene in the original but I will think of something
3. Inverted Pain - something which I think will add originality. Basicaly, after our main character dies a first time, he comes back to life - still in Hell with the Cenobites. Except that the way pain is experianced is backwards - when he gets a cut - there is no blood. What should cause Physical Pain actualy causes emotional pain and vice versa.

Other ideas to be expressed in the story is a look into the philosophies into S&M culture, philosophies reguarding pain (in a magazine today, was reading one interview with some phychological doctor who to the second question answered with this being the first sentence, "Pain is a guide"). I would lovoe to experament and take a look into that. In the meantime, going GMK on it, it would be nice to see an embodiment of all of the Cenobite's victim's pain which goes after the Cenobites.

Just an idea. I found the original Hellraiser (the only one I have seen thus far) to be maybe one of the most original Horror films I have seen and without much though added is in my top 10 horror films list. It is something which I would like to add onto with my ideas reguarding the material. Maybe make something original unlike the Hellraiser sequels which seems to pretty much show themselves as just half a notch above the "Children of the Corn" sequels.
Posted Image

G2Kmaster
Member Avatar
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
http://www.dailymotion.com/video/xpd2sq_execration_shortfilms?fb_action_ids=358056730892649&fb_action_types=video.watches&fb_source=other_multiline&fbc=764

For your viewing pleasure. No music was added in (there was a sound track, but I do not want to burden my brother's hard drive any more).
Posted Image

packmule
Member Avatar
Batgirl is badass
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
G2Kmaster
Mar 10 2012, 07:58 AM
Several questions and observations after watching this short film:

1. what was the gist of this film? What were you trying to convey?

2. why would you credit Dan Wickwire as starring in this film if wasn't physically present? He was part of a video you were watching in the movie and that's it. huh?

3. Was the last scene where you and the bro are seated on the large sectional filmed inside another house?

4. did any of your cats demand to be in this film? hammer1

5. do you often call your bro "Zachary"? heyo

6. One of the keywords below this video is "failed". Why would you include a keyword like that with this video? heyo2

7. Any objection to me posting this short film on my Google blog?
Observations:

Zach slurps his coffee when the cup is to his mouth. tongue-1

The initial interiors of the film looked excessively dark. huh?

Posted Image
Packmule's Pen

G2Kmaster
Member Avatar
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
1. The jist was a physcological thriller which was a character study. It is a study (and I only see this after seeing what I was able to edit togeather, togeather) of how a slasher film fan could go crazy and go on a killing rampage because of the genre fair he loves. Ultimately, he starts building a philosophy based on the morality systems which the three major slasher systems. Different people's philosophies are based on different things. My character's madness stems from this. But it should be noted that ultimately the film was to have proven that it is not the slasher film or their maker's fault. My character chose to believe the philosophies he had detailed (there were going to be two more journal entries). This is basicaly 1/3 of the film. The othet two films were never filmed and abandoned.

2. Yes, he did a video which I got the images for and wrote the script of. I had the original video on my computer once upon a time, but lo and behold I seem to have lost it hence why I had to film it off a computer screen. deadzone

3. No, that is our living room. It is a weirdly situated one, but eh...

4. Not that I know of. Maybe for good reason. ;)

5. Yes

5. Because it is an incomplete, failed film. Not even the sound mixing is finished with this video. Particularly when the big "Attack" scene comes up, I was going to accent this with some nice relaxing Carpenter film, and then when the assailant comes in, start playing Vo Tme/Into the Darkness by Karna

As for the interiors, that is a mix of natural lighting (the intro scenes were filmed at like 4 in the morning) and poor processing of the footage. The PQ is a mixed bag through out the film, and it comes from having to e-mail video files from my computer to my brothers ( vomitard ) only after having processed rough cuts of clips through Windows Movie Maker (sometimes twice, seeing I sometimes had to cut scenes in half for e-mail, vomitard vomitard vomitard ).
Posted Image

packmule
Member Avatar
Batgirl is badass
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
You want me to put this work of yours in my Google blog?

Posted Image
Packmule's Pen

G2Kmaster
Member Avatar
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
If you want to. It would be appreciated. If you do, please give it one of your revisits.
Posted Image

packmule
Member Avatar
Batgirl is badass
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
G2Kmaster
Mar 18 2012, 08:38 PM
If you do, please give it one of your revisits
heyo

Not likely. Obviously I would mention you as the person who has made the short film(or video). By "revisit" I'm presuming you mean an analysis of some kind by me. I do them for films but not for "fan" made films. Posting this work by you in my blog is just my way of trying to promote the work of a member of this message board community.

I'll post your short film in "Packmule's Pen" tomorrow evening(Monday). winky

Posted Image
Packmule's Pen

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · Fan submissions: video · Next Topic »
Add Reply

Packmule's Pen

Theme Godzillica Created by .Xynic. exclusively for Monsterland Forums
Copyright 2011 All Rights Reserved