Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to MONSTERLAND FORUMS! We are a casual and friendly online community of movie fans who like to talk about giant monsters, horror and sci-fi in cinema, on television and on Blu Ray/DVD. There are forums for sports, casual chat and video games as well. For those of you who like making art, writing stories and creating videos, our community includes a forum for these submissions as well. Check out our main index page and other board forums! Anyone is welcome to join our community!

MONSTERLAND FORUMS was created on January 29, 2006 for the purpose of giving fans of giant monster films and other sci-fi/horror movies a friendly online meeting place to discuss all of their favorite films and other things of interest like video gaming and sports.

MONSTERLAND FORUMS has 315 member registrations and over 177,000 posts. This online community is Zetaboards' sixth(6th) most active online community among over 383 similarly categorized message boards.

Fall is finally here!

Our online community is fairly small but I think it's the best group with which to discuss all the movies we love to watch and also talk about other shared interests! For those of you checking out this message board for the first time give our forums a look: I think you'll like what you see!

GODZILLA(2014), produced by Legendary Pictures and directed by Gareth Edwards, has generated over $521 million in worldwide box office receipts and is currently available on Blu Ray/DVD! A sequel, "Godzilla 2" is planned for 2018 which feature Rodan, Mothra and King Ghidorah! Toho's new Godzilla film called "Shin Godzilla"(2016 - intl title) was released to theaters in Japan this past summer and is a hit! This movie will see a limited theatrical run in the U.S. from October 11th - 18th and hopefully a Blu Ray release will follow by the year's end.

Legendary Pictures is planning a "Pacific Rim" sequel film for April, 2017 and "Kong:Skull Island" hits theaters next year so fans of giant monster movies have a lot to look forward to between now and 2018.

-Lee "Packmule" Merritt
site founder

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
  • Pages:
Photography
Topic Started: Feb 2 2011, 05:22 PM (3,433 Views)
gvamp
Community advanced member
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
I recently got a Canon Digital EOS Rebel T2i 550D camera so I could learn photography. Does anyone else here do photography?

I myself am still pretty new at it so some of the shots I have don't look that great. I'm still trying to learn my camera as well since it's pretty advanced.

Here are some shots I did.

http://s264.photobucket.com/albums/ii192/gvamp/Canon%20T2i%20Pics/

The shots of the piranha are me testing out the various camera settings and various shoot styles. The shots of my dogs where basically using the camera as a point and click. Nothing was changed setting wise.

Like I said above I'm pretty new to this so before I start taking more creative shots I'm going to read the manual that came with the camera so I can get an understanding of it. I've downloaded a documentary tailored for my camera. Finally I'm going to see if my school offers a class on photography, if not then there's a school like place that offers various class types for people I might see if they have one, or if not then my old college I know has classes so I'll just enrol there in time.

So who else here does photography? What type of camera are you using?
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

packmule
Member Avatar
Long in the tooth
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Posted Image

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

very funny

That's one ferocious looking chihuahua.
Posted Image
Underworld-Blood Wars(2017) - trailer
Packmule's Pen

gvamp
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
Yeah she looks mean in that picture but in actuallity the reason she looks like she's snarling is because she's old going to 10 this year and is missing some teeth.

packmule
Member Avatar
Long in the tooth
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
I've got a camera on my Samsung Freeform cell phone but I get a compatibility error message when I try to download the software into my computer that's necessary to upload images from phone.
Posted Image
Packmule's Pen

gvamp
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
packmule
Feb 2 2011, 09:57 PM
I've got a camera on my Samsung Freeform cell phone but I get a compatibility error message when I try to download the software into my computer that's necessary to upload images from phone.
Odd do you have an older computer? Might be an OS issue. Maybe trying going to Samsungs website and download the software there.

packmule
Member Avatar
Long in the tooth
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
gvamp
Feb 3 2011, 02:23 AM
Odd do you have an older computer? Might be an OS issue
I have a Compaq desktop computer I bought from Office Depot in March, 2009. I paid $309.99 plus tax for this computer. I use Windows 7 home premium as an OS(it was already preloaded in the computer). I have a USB cable that came with my cell phone that can used for uploading pics from my phone to the PC. The problem is I get an error message whenever I have tried to download the software(from the CD I got with the phone).

That's a good idea, Tom about talking with Samsung. I recently entered into an online chat with a Samsung rep at their SamsungMobileUSA website regarding my cell phone: I was getting a weird white screen and "download mode" text on the screen. The rep suggested I remove the battery and then put it back in and power the phone back up. It worked but the Samsung rep also suggested I buy a new battery also which I did.
Posted Image
Packmule's Pen

gvamp
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
Good news Lee.

I should have some better more creative shots coming in the next few weeks once I learn the camera controlls and settings a little better.

I will be posting my setup (TV and PC) later this weekend once I get my new desk.

gvamp
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
Here's the latest photo I took earlier tonight, it's my first dusk shot and I think it turned out pretty good.

http://i264.photobucket.com/albums/ii192/gvamp/Canon%20T2i%20Pics/IMG_0026.jpg

I was in a hurry getting settings changed because I forgot I wanted to do a shot like this, but thankfully everything turned out okay, yeah it could have been better but it also could have been worse. The only problem is that it's a little bit darker than what it was acutally outside when I took the picture.

packmule
Member Avatar
Long in the tooth
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
How about some pics of that custom built computer of yours, Tom?
Posted Image
Packmule's Pen

gvamp
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
packmule
Feb 6 2011, 04:27 PM
How about some pics of that custom built computer of yours, Tom?
That's in the process, going to be getting a new computer desk later this week from my brother in law so after that I plan on posting pics of my entire set up.

gvamp
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
So here's my setup
http://s264.photobucket.com/albums/ii192/gvamp/My%20Setup/

These where taken on the Full Auto mode of my Canon T2i so nothing real fancy. I know the TV picture has a bad angle and looks crowded with cables I plan on fixing that soon. The bad angle is from the bed being in the way.

Computer photos coming soon. Still waiting for my lazy brother in law to get my new desk to me.

packmule
Member Avatar
Long in the tooth
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
gvamp
Feb 11 2011, 09:57 PM
Is your flat screen TV mounted on a stand? Or something else? What size is the TV?
Posted Image
Packmule's Pen

gvamp
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
packmule
Feb 12 2011, 07:58 AM
gvamp
Feb 11 2011, 09:57 PM
Is your flat screen TV mounted on a stand? Or something else? What size is the TV?
It's mounted on a stand; my stand has an elevated part sort ofl ike a wall mount. It's a 37" 1080p Samsung; Model Number LN37A550

gvamp
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
Here's some macro shots I took of the bokay<sp> my mom got for her birthday from my aunt.

http://s264.photobucket.com/albums/ii192/gvamp/Canon%20T2i%20Pics/Macro%20Shots/

They where shot in RAW then edited in photoshop the from there converted to JPG.

packmule
Member Avatar
Long in the tooth
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Nice photos, Tom. thumbz up
Posted Image
Packmule's Pen

gvamp
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
Thanks lee.

packmule
Member Avatar
Long in the tooth
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Tom, here's an article that might interest you: http://news.yahoo.com/s/yblog_technews/20110505/tc_yblog_technews/what-is-aperture-photography-tips
Posted Image
Packmule's Pen

gvamp
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
Thanks Lee bookmarked it, I had an idea of what aperature but it gets confusing when trying to remember how to use it.

packmule
Member Avatar
Long in the tooth
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Tom, have you heard of "Lytro"? It's supposed to be the nxt big thing in digital photography: http://www.digitaltrends.com/photography/what-does-lytro-mean-for-photography/
Posted Image
Packmule's Pen

gvamp
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
No I haven't but it looks like something similar you can do with Macro photography.

gvamp
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
I just got back from a trip up to my Uncle's cabin in the middle of Michigan's Upper Pennisula what we Michiganders dub the U.P. expect plenty of pics of various wildlife and scenary shots I took VERY soon.

Also expect shots of my other photography efforts over the past few months. I really need to get around to editing my photos, convert them to JPEG and upload them up to my Photobucket account.

gvamp
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
All where shot on my Canon T2i unless noted other wise

Nature Album
http://s264.photobucket.com/albums/ii192/gvamp/Nature/

My Family and Friends
http://s264.photobucket.com/albums/ii192/gvamp/Family%20and%20friends/

Scenary
http://s264.photobucket.com/albums/ii192/gvamp/Scenary/

packmule
Member Avatar
Long in the tooth
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
gvamp
Aug 7 2011, 02:12 AM
Great pics overall. Your niece is absolutely adorable. Such a beautiful young lady. thumbz up

The nature photos look great also.
Posted Image
Packmule's Pen

gvamp
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
Thanks Lee I think my friends and family album is the one that suffers the most just because well people are hard to photograph.

gvamp
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
Update time

Here's some photos I took of a mantis that I found at the house last week.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

And here's a link to the album with the rest of the mantis pics as well as many other pictures that I took since my last posting in this thread.

http://s264.photobucket.com/albums/ii192/gvamp/Nature/

I really wish I had a macro lens for this but I'm pretty happy with the shots. I had to use my 55-250mm which is a telephoto lens meaning it's used for taking pictures at a distance. Going to be investing in a macro lens soon.

Shawn
Member Avatar
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Meet Kenya!

packmule
Member Avatar
Long in the tooth
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Shawn
Jan 12 2012, 08:36 PM
Meet Kenya!

heyo

Question: who's "Kenya"?
Posted Image
Packmule's Pen

Shawn
Member Avatar
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
packmule
Jan 12 2012, 10:03 PM
Shawn
Jan 12 2012, 08:36 PM
Meet Kenya!

heyo

Question: who's "Kenya"?
A lion . . . I thought I posted the pictures but I guess not . . .

http://i654.photobucket.com/albums/uu270/LordLSV/Kenya.jpg
http://i654.photobucket.com/albums/uu270/LordLSV/Kenya3.jpg
http://i654.photobucket.com/albums/uu270/LordLSV/Kenya2.jpg

BTW he is an evil son of a bitch!

Click Meh!

packmule
Member Avatar
Long in the tooth
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Shawn
Jan 12 2012, 10:50 PM
That's one big kitty cat. freak out

Quote:

Why do you say that? Has he attacked somebody? heyo
Posted Image
Packmule's Pen

Shawn
Member Avatar
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
That's one big kitty cat. freak out

Quote:

Why do you say that? Has he attacked somebody? heyo[/quote]
He hasn't but it would be a total disaster if he got out. Big boys have got to eat lol

I do have to say that I would be scared to death if the other two female lion sisters get out. Now they are true bitches!
These sisters killed their mother when they were cubs for the shear fun of it. There was no reason to do it, they weren't
hungry at all, they did it just to do it. They have also killed other male lions for the shear fun of it as well.
There was one that they killed and they ended up playing with his severed tail . . . shifty eyes
Edited by Shawn, Jan 18 2012, 11:49 PM.
Click Meh!

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
ZetaBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Create a free forum in seconds.
Learn More · Register for Free
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · Casual chat · Next Topic »
Add Reply
  • Pages:

Packmule's Pen

Theme Xdrone Created by .Xstinct of GFXSouls.net
Copyright 2012 All Rights Reserved