Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to MONSTERLAND FORUMS! We are a casual and friendly online community of movie fans who like to talk about giant monsters, horror and sci-fi in cinema, on television and on Blu Ray/DVD. There are forums for sports, casual chat and video games as well. For those of you who like making art, writing stories and creating videos, our community includes a forum for these submissions as well. Check out our main index page and other board forums! Anyone is welcome to join our community!

MONSTERLAND FORUMS was created on January 29, 2006 for the purpose of giving fans of giant monster films and other sci-fi/horror movies a friendly online meeting place to discuss all of their favorite films and other things of interest like video gaming and sports.

MONSTERLAND FORUMS has 298 members and over 166,000 posts. This online community is Zetaboards' fourth most active online community in the "Movies" category(among over 300 message boards).

Fall is almost here!

Our online community isn't the largest on the web but I think it's the best group with which to discuss all the movies we love to watch and also talk about other shared interests! For those of you checking out this message board for the first time give our forums a look: I think you'll like what you see!

GODZILLA(2014), produced by Legendary Pictures and directed by Gareth Edwards, has generated over $500 million in worldwide box office receipts and will release to Blu Ray/DVD on September 26th(2014)!

-Lee "Packmule" Merritt
site founder

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Your Godzilla(and other kaiju) collection; Discussion of all Godzilla and kaiju collectibles
Topic Started: May 18 2008, 11:05 PM (4,423 Views)
NWV
Member Avatar
Community advanced member
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
Are you looking for retrospective/making of type stuff or novels?
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

packmule
Member Avatar
Sue Shiomi fan
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Sci-Fi Japan contributing writer Ed Godziszewski has reported in from the annual Winter Wonder Festival held in Tokyo, Japan. This annual event, hosted by toy and kit maker Kaiyodo, showcases some absolutely awesome looking kaiju and other Toho toy and model kits. To see images of this festival, which was held back on February 6, 2011 click the link: http://www.scifijapan.com/articles/2011/03/08/winter-wonderfestival-2011/

thumbz up
Posted Image
Sister Street Fighter(1974) - trailer
The Sister Street Fighter Collection - DVD set
Packmule's Pen

Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

G2Kmaster
Member Avatar
Head Onmyoji of Monsterland Forums
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Nice. Too bad most of that stuff costs a pretty dime. This however, keeps it down to a pretty penny:

http://journalismg2km.blogspot.com/2011/03/toyvaults-godzilla-kaiju-world-wars.html
Posted Image
At the end of a 10 year wait, look in the box below.

packmule
Member Avatar
Sue Shiomi fan
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
G2Kmaster
Mar 8 2011, 08:15 PM
Uh, exactly how does your Google blog affect the prices of these toys and kits? heyo
Posted Image
Packmule's Pen

G2Kmaster
Member Avatar
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
I was making a comparison, using it as a conversation opener for ToyVault's new product. Ususaly, one of the things from WonderCon is not mass produced and actualy hand sculpted. So, they can cost easily $500. This new board game... $40.
Posted Image

G2Kmaster
Member Avatar
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
This is just a photo I took showing off my re-organized figure area. Originaly, I had a chest with tigers carved in it which had standing on it five Ghidorahs and the box to my chogokin Kiryu. Instead, I took the chest and put it down stairs. In doing so, I squeezed in the Ghidorah figures onto the main shelves and filled up the right side corner shelves. Now I can have my 1996 re-issue of the 14" Ghido-Goji figure and it's box stand out. Plus, it makes the area more spaceous and makes it that the cats cannot climb and walk behind the figures as easily.

Posted Image
Posted Image

packmule
Member Avatar
Sue Shiomi fan
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Nice collection. thumbz up

Question: what's inside the box that the Godzilla figure is standing on? heyo
Posted Image
Packmule's Pen

G2Kmaster
Member Avatar
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Just acouple of cardboard pieces which came with the 14" Goji figure.
Posted Image

packmule
Member Avatar
Sue Shiomi fan
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Do you clean these figures on a regular basis?
Posted Image
Packmule's Pen

Russzilla
Member Avatar
Community charter member
[ *  *  * ]
Very nice collection. I especially like the 14 inch Godzilla figure.

G2Kmaster
Member Avatar
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
No, the figures don't require cleaning. A quick wipe of a dry cloth for the sake of dust is all that is needed. The only thing which requires real cleaning are the shelves, which attract most of the dust.

And thanks Russzilla.
Posted Image

Rodan70
Member Avatar
Some days you just can get rid of a bomb.
[ * ]
That's an amazing collection! I wished I could display my stuff like that. Tiny fingers like to play with "Rawrrr" and "Fofra" LOL!
www.myspace.com/yuriwankenobi

MegalonIsNotPleased
Member Avatar
Community member
[ * ]
anyone here ever buy godzilla toys as a child? heck, do you still buy them today for a specific collection? well, show em off, everyone! dancing admin
i have recently purchased a bandai godzilla for stop motion animation, an interest of mine.
Posted Image

packmule
Member Avatar
Sue Shiomi fan
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Two things, sir:

can you resize your sig image to 500 x 200 pixels(l x w)? (board rules prohibit any sig images larger than 500x200)

I believe we have a kaiju(or Godzilla toy) collection topic thread. As such I'll look at moving this topic into that thread. Mr. Smiles
Posted Image
Packmule's Pen

MegalonIsNotPleased
Member Avatar
Community member
[ * ]
i have been looking for a good godzilla figure for a while now. i recently came across something named " bandai godzilla 50th anniversary box" full of 6 inch godzilla figures from nearly every movie. when i found one of these to buy online, the average cost was $500-$1000! heyo
I also found out this boxed set was only made in 2004. what gives? why are these so expensive? are they extremely rare or something?
Edited by MegalonIsNotPleased, Jun 18 2011, 09:54 PM.
Posted Image

packmule
Member Avatar
Sue Shiomi fan
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Uh, G2KMaster would probably be best able to answer your question. As kaiju collectibles go my understanding is that the more rare the item the more expensive it will be. winky
Posted Image
Packmule's Pen

G2Kmaster
Member Avatar
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
http://clubtokyo.org/listings/itemListingRpt.php?catID=1&subCatID=3&contentID=1598

It has a bunch of box-only figures and was limited to 12,000. So those repaints are also something rare. Not to mention it started off at $200 so the price should logicaly go up unless the set has been damaged, including the cards which went along with it.

Clubtokyo. Learn it. Love it. Use it.
Posted Image

packmule
Member Avatar
Sue Shiomi fan
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
G2Kmaster
May 30 2011, 07:29 PM
Clubtokyo. Learn it. Love it. Use it
And perhaps despise it because of the prices for many of these toys. winky
Posted Image
Packmule's Pen

MegalonIsNotPleased
Member Avatar
Community member
[ * ]
just a question. im on club tokyo right now, hoping to buy an individual figure. but i dont see the buy button beside the product page. little help? i know i sound quite stupid
Edited by MegalonIsNotPleased, Jun 1 2011, 05:49 PM.
Posted Image

G2Kmaster
Member Avatar
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
You are to e-mail the person who is selling it. Personaly, unless it is something very valuable, I would just go with e-bay. Clubtokyo - from what I was told - not always use paypal. Now, I do trust that you are looking at the marketplace page and not the figure database, since 90% of what is shown isn't for sale.
Posted Image

MegalonIsNotPleased
Member Avatar
Community member
[ * ]
thanks, kind of a confusing website.
Posted Image

Godzilla Banzai
Member Avatar
Community member
[ * ]
Check out the one of a kind print from Matt Frank that I picked up tonight at a special Godzilla against Mechagodzilla showing they had at the Alamo Draft House in San Antonio tonight. Just like my tattoo, Matt added The Alamo and The Tower of America having the battle take place in San Antonio.

Posted Image

It was great seeing Godzilla on the big screen. I have not seen Godzilla on the big screen since the late 70's.
I am Godzilla Banzai !

Godzilla Banzai
Member Avatar
Community member
[ * ]
Matt Frank did sign my copy.
I am Godzilla Banzai !

packmule
Member Avatar
Sue Shiomi fan
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
^That's some marvelous artwork. thumbz up
Posted Image
Packmule's Pen

NWV
Member Avatar
Community advanced member
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
Hot damn, I wish I could have been there!

G2Kmaster
Member Avatar
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Bandai Creation has some new figures comming out... well...

Turns out, there isn't any technically "new" figures in the series. There is however varriants which are nice. Variants in a theatre/event exclusive kind of way. Dubbed the "fusion series" for god know what, here is what they look like:

http://skreeonk.com/2012/02/12/new-york-toy-fair-2012-reveals-bandai-creations-new-line-its-a-collectors-update/

I personaly will buy them. Chances are the regular varriants will also be shipped out to stores thus those who have holes in their collection can fill them. Two figures from the first line and two figures from the latest line are getting this treatment. Interesting pattern. Even more interesting is that those who cannot afford the Japanese figures can now add a new dynamic to their collection - legitimate variants (packaing variants do not count).

Oh, and check out the 3 SD Gozilla toys. 3 rather large SD toys. G54, G02, and MG74.
Posted Image

packmule
Member Avatar
Sue Shiomi fan
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Posted Image
Packmule's Pen

G2Kmaster
Member Avatar
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Just wondering, does anyone on this forum own a copy of William Tutsui's GODZILLA ON MY MIND: 50 YEARS OF THE KING OF THE MONSTERS?
Edited by G2Kmaster, Aug 19 2012, 09:30 AM.
Posted Image

packmule
Member Avatar
Sue Shiomi fan
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
I'm thinking about trying to sell my entire collection of kaiju toys/figures for $200. I invested twice that over the years. I am not going to sell any of my magazines or books including my issues of "G-Fan".

My collection is modest but, I'm thinking, probably worth $400 plus. winky
Posted Image
Packmule's Pen

G2Kmaster
Member Avatar
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
I see someone possibly using the 50% off thing in their pitch, hehe. But hey, good luck. We all need some cash these days.
Posted Image

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
ZetaBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Join the millions that use us for their forum communities. Create your own forum today.
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · Godzilla-Miscellaneous · Next Topic »
Add Reply

Packmule's Pen

Theme Godzillica Created by .Xynic. exclusively for Monsterland Forums
Copyright 2011 All Rights Reserved