Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to The Thurian Continent: Conan D20 RPG Site.. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
General Forum Problems and Questions:; Forum Construction.
Topic Started: Apr 21 2011, 12:29 PM (1,419 Views)
Nialldubh
Member Avatar
Administrator
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
General Issues

"Any probelms!"

Noticing some issue that other users may encounter:

1: the BB Code is not working for me [/B] I drag my mouse over word(s) and click for example the bold button and that [/b] appears and that is it, my only cure for moment is for folks to type in the command!

Click BB Code Help to left under emotes and you can easily see what is needed to be typed in, then your words will be made bold, etc!

The Guided method at left across from BBc is slightly help full, but seem a little awkward!
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Nialldubh
Member Avatar
Administrator
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
Problems Questions and Issues

"If a problem!"

If any experience problem in this 'Page of many Forum,' just ask in this section, hopefully they will not be many problems, so not what you writing in this section much. :)

The Thurian Continent: Conan D20 RPG Site

Nialldubh
Member Avatar
Administrator
[ *  *  *  *  * ]

This Forum is just perfect as it allow you to access you own computer for pictures!

But I notice that a lot of Folks not bother, is it because you not what one or you not know how to do it!

I cannot remember if every Window setup has it, but Win7 does:

Win7:

1: Click on a picture in you file you can see at top 'Open,' tab, click that and see 'Microsoft Office Picture Manager.'

2: This will open a window and along top you will see Edit Picture,' click it and see a list appear, near bottom is 'Resize.'

3: Click Resize and look for custom picture width and height, type up to 120x120 for size of picture and save as......!

4: Now you can access you picture from your PC and have your Avatar here for others to see!

Nialldubh
Member Avatar
Administrator
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
Pictures

In adding my pictures and pages of Rules, etc to forums, I got a lot of error messages and had to spent a bit of time finding a solution , picture about 668 x 900 where acceptable, but the very next day, I tried again and could not use that size!

Best thing to do is keep it 700+ x 500+

For Example: for quick results, a picture I put in was 571 x 768, that work fine after a few seconds to load!

If you not get right size and put things like 1150+ x2000+ the picture goes and a blank screen is shown, but it goes off screen and his pushes the edit, delete tabs off screen and there is no way I know to reach them!

I had to deleted a whole post and re-post to sort at one time!

Also a little trick, active the Thurian site twice, keeping one open at same page to edit again if things go wrong, actually help, do not ask me, I not that technically mined, but it saved me some problems!

Good Luck, yer need it!!!

Nialldubh
Member Avatar
Administrator
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
BB Codes

I thought there was a problem with BB Codes, I could not drag over a sentence and click Bold button and get it to work???

It seems, it just might be my ignorance and this is a normal way to do 'Bold,' in some site and I not experienced with this format!

So, for those that do not know that eventually join this Site and not know the process, this is how it works!

* For Bold letters, press Bold Button 1st, then start typing, then once you finished in Bold, click button again and the text will be bold!

* No doubt same for the rest:

Test

The right side of Life

For Fonts, etc, use the Close all Tags option!

It might be it just me, but I not know about these thing and just in case some others are the same, hope it helps.
:)

LucaCherstich
Sorcerer/Hero
[ *  *  * ]
Thuria

Nialdbubh, I really do not want to bother you, but it looks like you are using the word "Thurian" as both as an adjective (e.g. the "Thurian Continent") and as a noun ("People of Thurian").
Maybe it's just me (and, as usual, English is not my language) but should the noun be "Thuria", rather than "Thurian"?
I'm perfectly OK with the adjective use.
Not so sure about the noun use.

Nialldubh
Member Avatar
Administrator
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
Thuria Reply

I know what you saying Luca, but I think I seen it write as Thurian, saw a post in Forum trying to analyse whether it Thuria or Thurian, some had mention of Lovecraft and other Authors using it, but none ever came to an agreement, so I decide to leave it as Thurian!

Tried finding link, but it say page has been removed!

As with many thing in life, word and names change, my idea every time I think of it is that once, ie Kull time, it was called Thuria, but as People not know source of word, it can change (and was not remember about as cataclysm occurred, destroying a lot of the written knowledge, but verbal teaching still occurred), hence, they now called it Thurian, not know it has been charged from the source word Thuria!

Nialldubh
Member Avatar
Administrator
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
Size of Script

I have been going through the Forums adjusting the size of most posts scripts as in changing forum to metallic-grey also reduced script size.

I now incase script in [/ size] and making the script larger and easier to read.

Once one adjusts to the cosmic glare of pure bright white.

Still maybe one day I solve that issue as the glare comes more from bold white text and the normal seems readable.

Hope this helps!

Nialldubh
Member Avatar
Administrator
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
Success

I getting old and my eye-sight is fading, and who creates writing is such small size, eh?" said the wizen old Game Master.

That is the Conan RPG forums completely enlarged.

I working at the PbPs and to date enlarge 'Thurian Continent,' PbP and working on 'Savage Steel,' earlier chapters. Makes for easier reading and enjoyment of story. :)

Nialldubh
Member Avatar
Administrator
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
BB Codes Advanced

I add this though it not matter much, I recently got a new computer a few months back, though still use my old one as I got hundreds, if not thousands of different articles and game-knowledge on it. But I can now drag the mouse over text and use BB codes with it with ease. So it seems like it works, but not for my old computer!

Edited: Though my old computer can when creating a new post open the window to place post (I create post on my computer for years now as there is too many problems when a post is lost while attempting to type it in forums first) can be resized. My new computer will not allow it, and it better to be able to see a greater space than add BB codes with ease, though I sometimes go between the two computers to complete a task.

Nialldubh
Member Avatar
Administrator
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
In Search of Perfection

Added the various lose posts together in this Forum to keep place tidy, any noticeable errors and abnormalities will be put here, when and if they occur.

Nialldubh
Member Avatar
Administrator
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
Run to Hills

Engineer fixed by BBcode problem and scrambled texted with ease, back to normal now!

BBcodes fixed by entering Explorer Tools (Cog, top right button) and going to "Compatibility View Settings," where Invision was added and sorted codes!

Scrabbled text was fixed by: (I in Goggle Chrome for this one), was in settings (advanced) and deactivated: System: "Use hardware acceleration when available."

Which as Invision and upgrade for Chrome not compatible, was scrambling text.

What a relief both are sorted!

Nialldubh
Member Avatar
Administrator
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
Plague of Devils

Seems I expected to much, problems have started to return, I now attempt to post and Explorer states "Cannot find Webpage," and erases my post, or leaves only part of it!

Also in my main computer the scrambled texted has reappeared, not exactly pleasing, so will hoping sort later.

Nialldubh
Member Avatar
Administrator
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
Explorers of Thurian

Being chatting to Engineer on phone and he logged into Forum (using google chrome) from his own computer to find same scrambled codes as I suffer.

He them attempted Internet Explorer and still seeing scrambled codes, used the "Compatibility View Settings," (click top right 'Cog,' scroll down list till found, and added this website to the list, below).

He at present attempting to find away to fix Google Chromes constant disruption of this site, but this site is old and is not keeping anywhere close with the new technology of our Age, and cannot adapt quick enough to any changes.

Suggest:
Only coming to this site using Internet Explorer and will show text as properly meant to be seen.

Nialldubh
Member Avatar
Administrator
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
Control and scroll

Well you live and learn, gone are the day of shutting your eyes tight to read the small print.

I accidently hit control and the scroll button on mouse and was hurled into the screen.

So that is it, those who not know his tactic. Just press control button and mouse scroll in and out to get a better look at stuff.

Hmm, 3 years and more with this stuff and it the first time I seen that happen! :)

Bahamut255
Member Avatar
Adept/Warrior
[ *  * ]
Do PMs Work on Chrome?

Because I have sent a few - Chrome is my current preferred Browser - with no indication that they're even reaching the intended recipient. Should I try PMing on Internet Explorer instead of Chrome if that's the case?

Nialldubh
Member Avatar
Administrator
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
Pardon me Bahamut, not see them, yes your pm are working, last time. I was pm was in may 2012. :)

Give me a few minutes to read :)

Nialldubh
Member Avatar
Administrator
[ *  *  *  *  * ]

First thing is I just suffered a summer virus, no doubt from the constant rain that has been occurring over the last two months, though it seems to have stopped and blue skies have returned!

Still, for about three weeks I was in no state for much, so back to normal now.

Next, just got my D20 PDF files of 43 Mongoose Sourcebooks and scenarios from Kickstarter for "Robert E. Howard's Conan RPG," so will be finishing the Necromancy spells soon.

Last, unsure if everyone will get this problem, but warning none the less; I again having problems with BBcodes and it is to do with (at least one problem I noted) hooping text and adding size codes.

I tried hooping and adding size code to Kintire's PbP post and when I activated it, the text disappeared. Lucky I had copied text to a file and could re-add it to post (without the BBcodes and it worked), but to add any code (see below).

* "The "Capability View Settings," in Cog at right top of screen may have to be disable (for those suffering the same problem as I) to add the size BBcodes (typed in codes as needed). Once done, you can reactive "Capability View Settings," as needed!

Nialldubh
Member Avatar
Administrator
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
The BBcode problem is worse than I thought, scramble and erase colour BBcodes and bold script. I only managed to secure Size BBcodes by deactivating the "Capability View Settings," but it does not seem to work for colour or bold BBcodes.

I sent a query to Invision to see if they can help with problem!

kintire
Arch-Magi/Hero-King
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
I'm glad you have recovered! lets hope the board does too!

Nialldubh
Member Avatar
Administrator
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
Think they Fix It

Cheers, things still a bit blurry, but should be better soon!

Quick test, the folks at Invision have sent a reply, think they have solved problem!

Edit: Yes, thankfully problem fixed and back to normal. Done very quick, I should add! :)

Nialldubh
Member Avatar
Administrator
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
Sickened

Well I have no idea why the powers that be forced me to upgrade to Zetaboard, because it is worse than Invision!

Pictures: Most of the pictures I have place in these forums have disappeared and those that remain are now as a link. Not part of post and blends in some artistic way by showing script and picture together. 8,000+ post I would have to go through each post to make sure picture is still there.

BBCodes: No 'Size,' or 'Font,' though I can still type them in, there is no command buttons for them.

Wish they had left WELL alone!

Nialldubh
Member Avatar
Administrator
[ *  *  *  *  * ]

Pictures: Well some good new, an image can be made once linked picture is activated and using the Image tab, create the picture onto the post.

Problem is, it only 200 KB sized pictures that are allowed, and a lot of my previous pictures where higher than that and have disappeared.

Again my only problem is remembering where they were placed.

I not need to replace every picture, the link will suffice for some which are not really important, but I had tried to present some topics with a dramatic presence and it loses it's motive without the picture added, it is these I must attempt to find and redo.

I not sure the powers that be know how much of a problem his is causing others and am losing my calm. Still, it is a problem over time that can be solved, so hope yet remains!

BBcodes: I can still type in commands that are not provide with upgrade. Size and Font commands disappeared, but I can still add them to the post by typing them in manually. So, more time consuming than a major problem.

« Previous Topic · Forum Issues and Questions: · Next Topic »
Add Reply