Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to The Thurian Continent: Conan D20 RPG Site.. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Locked Topic
The Chronicles; OOC:
Topic Started: Sep 12 2012, 02:02 AM (3,371 Views)
Nialldubh
Member Avatar
Administrator
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
Just thought I would start here.

Change Title of his post as you think Best.

Also if you have a proper title for you game, just tell, but I will need to change that within Admin, so just tell and I sort!

1) Average hps for Eriakas is 36, slight error, but if you want me to roll hp, I will?

2: Money, of course!

3) The Character are not true fighter, either they hired guards or do their best to run away and if not slaughter foe with no mercy! Still they not Warriors and they may die quick, but that the fun of role-play. :)

Bye fa now :)
Offline Profile Goto Top

Nialldubh
Member Avatar
Administrator
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
Aashiq:

Gear:
Equipment: Belt pouch: x2, Scroll case: x2, Spell component pouch.
Armour: Chain Shirt, large shield, steel cap.
Weapons: Armingsword, poniard, hatchet, dagger: x2.
Clothing: Noble tunic, Ophirean noble cloak (fur lined and emerald green in colour), loincloth, breeks, work boots, Riding boots.
Provisions: Trail ration: x4, waterskin: x1.
Money: 30 silver pieces.

Eriakas:

Gear:
Equipment: Belt pouch: x2, Thieves Tools (Mwk).
Armour: Zingaran Leather Jerkin.
Weapons: War Spear, Armingsword, Dagger: x4.
Clothing: black simple tunic, silk black breeks, soft boots.
Provisions: Trail ration: x4, waterskin: x1.
Money: 8 silver pieces.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Nialldubh
Member Avatar
Administrator
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
Nice 1 Kintire, it nice to start role-playing in Character, feels like a good adventure!

I presuming the extra Men and equipment is fine, wagons and animals, etc?

Plus, a little bit of presumption on my part as to what and how Aashiq should react to news, I hope they not have to ride to Tor, could be a bit of a ride away and again the small retinue of drovers and guards it presumed to be in 'Golden Rooster,' also and whether to take them or leave them is uncertain (if they exist)! :)

If some of it need change, I always edit it. :)

Good stuff, Yehaaaaaaaaaa!!! :)
Offline Profile Goto Top

Nialldubh
Member Avatar
Administrator
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
Not sure how you want to do dice rolls, but guess you will do them.

So Eriakas wants to try and amuse a few of the Females with some tricks using his Sleight of hand and bluff them to his room!

They not have to love him! :)
Offline Profile Goto Top

kintire
Arch-Magi/Hero-King
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
I'm happy for you to do them. Lets see how charming he really is!
Offline Profile Goto Top

Nialldubh
Member Avatar
Administrator
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
Well SoH is 9 +11 =20.

A reasonable Score!

But Bluff is also 9 +4 =13, but was hoping to get a +2 for a nice SoH (getting total to 15) to charm them into his bed with his talents? :)
Offline Profile Goto Top

kintire
Arch-Magi/Hero-King
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
That's good enough for a pleasant night!
Offline Profile Goto Top

Nialldubh
Member Avatar
Administrator
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
lol, :)

Just so you know Kintire, I will be a bit busy this next few weeks.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Nialldubh
Member Avatar
Administrator
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
In the name of justice, I near choke on by tongue :)

Okay:

Aashiq/I want to do Reputation roll, if I not heard of this fellow, I eat my horse!!!

Yip I rolled Nat 19, a obvious critical hit :)

The DC should be 26 and you just add Thoth-Amon's Reputation score to my roll above. I sure I will make it unless he Entrancing me, Aashig will know he is the Greatest Sorcerer on Thurian if not the world , Evil as Set's soul and Aashiq will probably swoon and faint in ten seconds after realising who he is in the presence of!!! :)

I wait for a response to this...

Just in case it is some charlatan:

Sense Motive: 14 +12 =26.

Spot roll vs Disguise: 10 +4 =14.

Sense Motive is good, but is it good enough against the real Thoth-Amon?
Offline Profile Goto Top

kintire
Arch-Magi/Hero-King
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
Tsk, tsk tsk. Such panic!

Aashiq does not need to make any rolls: He knows very well that Thoth Amon is the High Priest of Set, and a pillar of the Stygian court. In fact Aashiq has almost certainly seen him before, as he is the Lord of Kheshatta, although that will have been from a distance of course.

He will be aware that there are a variety of hysterical accusations by those Mitran types, but that he is considered generally speaking pro-Ophir, and indeed will have approved Aashiq's application to study.

Of course, having studied in Kheshatta he will also be aware that those hysterical accusations are not entirely unfounded...
Offline Profile Goto Top

Nialldubh
Member Avatar
Administrator
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
lol

Yip, Stygia and Ophir are on good terms and it common for Ophirean Nobles to study in Kheshatta. It is one of Aashiq's history quirks, but to met the Mighty Wizard and be this close to him, would make the bravest tremble! :)
Offline Profile Goto Top

Nialldubh
Member Avatar
Administrator
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
Quote:

"Mellisande? Great Mitra where has my daughter got to?"

lol, typical.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Nialldubh
Member Avatar
Administrator
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
Aashig tries Knowledge (Arcana) on the star-shaped stone: roll 14 +18 =32.

Eriakas rolls 10 +7 =17; Knowledge (rumours) to attempt to recognise Melissande's name.
Offline Profile Goto Top

kintire
Arch-Magi/Hero-King
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
Aashiq is vaguely aware that it is some sort of protective symbol, but it is very obscure. He thinks it might also be blasphemous: it certainly has nothing to do with Set.

Eriakas will be fully aware that she is the Baron's daughter. Oops...
Offline Profile Goto Top

Nialldubh
Member Avatar
Administrator
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
Was reading a bout 'Rule of Obsession,' was wondering if you use it in your games as Aashiq has activated a few, not by intent from my part, but did know about the Rule, but not remember!

So Feel free to activate any as desired, though it dose mention only one per year should be about right!
Offline Profile Goto Top

Nialldubh
Member Avatar
Administrator
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
Searching Entry Tunnel:

Aashiq: 18 +12 =30.

Eriakus: 5 +12 =17.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Nialldubh
Member Avatar
Administrator
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
Eriakas's Jump roll: 6ft without proper run is a DC 12. I rolled 6 +7 =13. It close but he makes it across!
Offline Profile Goto Top

Nialldubh
Member Avatar
Administrator
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
Aashiq Spot Roll on Eriakas: 13 +4 =17, not sure if it high enough as Aashiq is busy, but close! It so see if he notices Eriakus uneasy demure!

I leave it until you tell me it fine and he can see Eriakas fears show!

The Door:

They can search it standing 10ft back from it, not want to touch it yet.

Aashiq:

Search for Traps: 19 +12 =31. (If magical Trapped, warded etc, I cannot find at moment any rule on it, I a bit rush at moment, will try find later if it matters).

Knowledge (Arcana): Yikes Nat 20 +18 =38. What can I say :)

Eriakas:

Search: 5 +12 =17. )Think he distracted, Woman and Demons, what a combination!!!
Offline Profile Goto Top

kintire
Arch-Magi/Hero-King
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
that will be enough on spot: One of the things Aashiq is busy with is keeping an eye on his comrades to make sure they are ok!

As for the other rolls, I am most gratified you wasted your high rolls on this actually-quite-easy bit!
Offline Profile Goto Top

Nialldubh
Member Avatar
Administrator
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
Yeah, plenty of high rolls where they came from. :)

Hmm, not as D&D, Thieves cannot disable magical traps in Conan.

We search for more clues upstairs!
Offline Profile Goto Top

Nialldubh
Member Avatar
Administrator
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
Terror Check:

Aasiq: 8 +7 =15.
Eriakas: 18 +4 =22.

Initiative:

Aasiq: 3 +3 =6.
Eriakas: 14 +9 =23.

Offline Profile Goto Top

kintire
Arch-Magi/Hero-King
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
let me know when you are okay to carry on
Offline Profile Goto Top

Nialldubh
Member Avatar
Administrator
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
Ready when you are. Things are settling down here.

Anything you want me to do, I can give you a few ideas of what my character will do.

* Aashig looks like he maybe Flat-Footed, but if he can, he will draw his sword, then try and...

* Concentrate on a flame to activate his 'Heart of Flame,' spell. Think he will be walking about with lantern in his hand so will have light source with him.

The DC is probably 25, which is the worst for him as it not a very big flame, he needs it active to cast his 'Flame Burst,' spell. Costs 1 PP, but if he fails his concentration, he will not lose PP and he can keep trying every round.

* Once 'Heart of Flame,' is active and Armour Statues attack him, he can as an Immediate action do his defensive blast and do 5d6 fire damage to animations. (5ft radius).

If one is destroyed, it will explode and do it's HD in d6 damage to those in 5ft and if they are destroyed, they do the same, etc.

Concentration: Rolls Ahem; Nat 20 +9 =29 success, do not ask, allows him to concentrate on flame; a spark shoots into his eyes causing flames to burn within his irises.

Now he can use his 'Flame Burst,' as Defensive Blast

Magic Attack: Rolls 17 +1 =18, Reflex ST for half Damage, will use FP for max Damage (30 points), but Aashiq will try get two or more Animation in close to him. If only one there he will move or wait till another get close to explode!

Aashiq's Dodge: 13.

---------------------------------------

Eriakas will keep a reasonable distance from Aashig and use his reach on Animations, if he get AoO he will attempt to draw some to him for multiple attacks using Combat Reflexes.

Main Attack: 6 +8 =14 plus any flanking with guards if possible.

Few AoO:

17 +8 =25.
1 Fumble chance, rolls 4 to evade it.
7 +8 =15.

Eriakas Dodge Defence: 19 (+2 lvl, +5 Dex, +1 Dodge, +1 Light-Footed).
Offline Profile Goto Top

kintire
Arch-Magi/Hero-King
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
That sounds fine in and of itself: he won't be flatfotted by the time they reach him as they need to animate and they are not very quick.

Not that I wish to criticise his plan in any way, but he is standing in the midst of the wisdom of ancient Acheron, perhaps the most valuable find of his career, inscibed on scrolls.

Flammable scrolls...
Offline Profile Goto Top

Nialldubh
Member Avatar
Administrator
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
lol, true, but as it a 5ft radius blast, my mind imagined him moving to a more open space. Well noted. :)

Offline Profile Goto Top

Nialldubh
Member Avatar
Administrator
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
3rd Round:

Aashiq Attack: rolls 7 +3 =10.

Eriakas Tumbles from them 19 +15 = 34, so they must follow for more AoO

Eriakas Main Attack: 9 +8 =17.

Any AoO:
12 +8 =20.
16 +8 =24.
Offline Profile Goto Top

kintire
Arch-Magi/Hero-King
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
Aashiq has taken 5 points of damage. Eriakas is fine!
Offline Profile Goto Top

Nialldubh
Member Avatar
Administrator
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
Aashiq could heal himself and 'Take 10,' but it just good role-play that a professional Physician does the job, they more proficient at stopping the wound being infected also.

In ten minutes if nothing else happens he can be restored to full hp.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Nialldubh
Member Avatar
Administrator
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
Aashiq and Eriakas search of lost Guard!

Aashig: rolls 6 +12 =18.

Eriakas: rolls 11 +12 =23.
Offline Profile Goto Top

kintire
Arch-Magi/Hero-King
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
will saves please... from those that choose to!
Offline Profile Goto Top

Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · The Chronicles of Nemedia: · Next Topic »
Locked Topic