Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to The Thurian Continent: Conan D20 RPG Site.. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
The Scrolls of Populations:; "Knowledge of Changes!"
Topic Started: May 30 2013, 12:45 AM (528 Views)
Nialldubh
Member Avatar
Administrator
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
The Changes to the people of thurian

"Things change, they always do," grunts the Mercenary, his scraggly black beard covered in foam from his beer. He stops and ponders his next statement, "we come and go, Men die and who are we to say why, it just is that way!"

He stare at his mug hoping to hear some response that would aid him, hears nothing, shrugs his shoulders and continues, "anyway, change happens!"

I post here of any changes I will make to Characters in future!
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Nialldubh
Member Avatar
Administrator
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
Cimmerian Giant-kin

I having problems sorting weapon damage for larger creatures. I have started trying to create chart to represent next higher dice set:

Example 1d10 + 1d8 for greatsword (I never enjoyed this change fron 1st and Atlantean Edition as greatsword was a healthy 2d10). So what the next stage up, I made a leap of 2d8+2d6, I realise now is gone too high and lowered it to 2d12, but there is no official chart in the Conan the Roleplaying Game. Only a vague hope in Bestiary of Hyborian Age and that badly done as is.

Dice sets like the 2d10 are not there, let alone that mass of confusion 1d10 +1d8 set.

This is an example of something I working at. I post in "The Way of the Warrior," thread later once I constructed it better.

Weapon Damage: ........ Next Damage Stage
1d2 ...................................... 1d3
1d3 ...................................... 1d4
1d4 ...................................... 1d6
1d6 ...................................... 1d8 or 2d4
1d8 or 2d4 ............................ 1d10
1d10 .................................... 1d12 or 2d6
1d12 or 2d6 .......................... 2d8
2d8 ..................................... 2d10
2d10 ................................... 2d12
2d12 ................................... 3d10
3d10 ................................... 3d12
3d12 ................................... 4d10

The way this looks is a 2d10 greatsword for Medium Humanoid will be 4d10 for Colossal Humanoid!

Nialldubh
Member Avatar
Administrator
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
Zingaran Temptress

Zingaran Temptress: Skill points (from 1st to 10th level) were not right, hope I sorted them.

I also going through older NPCs and adding Skill ranks added to Character in [?], hope helps comprehend NPC better.

Nialldubh
Member Avatar
Administrator
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
Khitan Militia

Gave Commoners a second weapon as normal attack bonus, but they non-proficient, so put knife into negatives with a -4.

Think, I planned to uses the 1st level feat for a second weapon, then changed to toughness.

Nialldubh
Member Avatar
Administrator
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
Sorcerer's Magic Attack:

The Game Master cut his way through the void of exhaustion and confusion, before him was nothing but black space, not a star shone, as if all life in the great cosmos was gone, Ha, Ha, Ha!!!

Somehow I not notice that I not include MAB properly in a lot of by NPC Magician types, or was giving +1 bonuses for Hexer or Summoner Feats, this is sorted, normal viewing will resume as soon a possible when sanity points return to above 50 (only another 39 to go)!

Edit:
Only 13 to go, not bad!

Nialldubh
Member Avatar
Administrator
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
Changes to Acolytes of the Black Circle:

Did some changes to the Acolytes of the Black Circle:

From changes mentioned in Player Handbook, I have altered these NPCs, for the better, their Philosopher Caste grants them better cultural skills and it is a favoured class for Scholar, so they cannot lose, unless Conan comes and destroys your cult, eh hem!

Nialldubh
Member Avatar
Administrator
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
The Black Circle:

This is in two parts...

1: The Master of the Black Circle progress growth Here:

and

2: The Acolytes of Yimsha Here:

The first is from 1-20 level of a Master of Yimsha growth and a few select special apprentices.

And second is the unworthy Acolytes that the Master Seer distrusts. Their progress is as the Rakhsha Acolyte Background, and presume the Master of Yimsha who does not know the Counterspell Sorcery Style, summons a Demon to teach his unworthy Acolytes the Warding and Greater Warding spells.

Master of the Black Circle:

It seems the Prestige Class Master of the Black Circle is wrong; it's prerequisite of requiring the Craft Major Magic Item feat is in error as it states neading a Craft (any), Craft (Alchemy), Craft (Herbalism) and Knowledge (Arcana) of 20 ranks, this would need a 17th level to gain 20 ranks then taking the 1st level of the Master of the Black Circle at 18th level leaving a incomplete Prestige Class which allows only 3 levels to be used of it's original 5 levels.

Of course removing the Craft Major Magic Item feat is the only solution, then next it states a need to create a Pomegranate Alter by destroying the old one, but this is not necessary as it should fall apart as soon as the old Master of Yimsha is dead! “Rule of Impermanence.”

Still, he may gain the Craft Major Magic Item feat later in Character creation and destroy old alter and redo it, but it is not a necessity as it matters not to him as he will be dead. Of course he may presume that if he dies (or falls unconscious), the four Demons (The Lords of the Black Circle) may still be protecting the “Castle of the Wizards!” So, he may later destroy the Pomegranate Alter and rebuild it as a more permanent source of power using the Craft Major Magic Item feat and not bound by the “Rule of Impermanence.”

Nialldubh
Member Avatar
Administrator
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
Black Circle Edit:

Slight change, had not given 12 rank using Scholar ability for the Scholar as Vendhyan give 2 ranks free for a Knowledge (Arcana) skill, had to add two more for the 12 needed, reduced Heal by 2 ranks, boosted Initiative by adding Knowledge (Warfare) from 2nd level onwards, so slight improvement.

People of the Black Circle:
Here.

Nialldubh
Member Avatar
Administrator
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
Master of the Black Circle:

This NPC is flawed in theory as he cannot truly represent the Master as he tormented Yasmina in Howard's story, 'The People of the Black Circle,' the flood of pass lives she experience comes from the Vision and Torment spell which these NPCs stats do not have...

Here:

But, to truly create it and follow an Acolyte path is not possible and truth is the Acolytes of Yimsha are kept weak and follow a different path. There can only be one Lord of the Black Circle and he does not share power. But apart from that the sorcery styles needed as prerequisites or for Draw Forth the Heart spell did not leave any styles left for the required school.

Still, it could have been the Master summoned a Demon to perform such a spell or held on his person a magic item that he could activate and used on her, but not think so myself.

So, he needed Divination Sorcery Style, he could have sacrificed the Fleet-Footed Feat at 1st level I gave him, took Craftsman Feat then and taken Dabbler (Divination) later and being 20 level I not think it be to difficult for him to use Visions and Torment via that source of power! Again the theory is the old Master is dead. But he did mention plenty of this Acolytes were in fact in Turan manipulating events there. It likely that one is/has or will grow in power and return to Mount Yimsha to rebuild the fortress and seek revenge, then again, he just might be happy with his new position as Master of the Black Circle and just continues as is!

Nialldubh
Member Avatar
Administrator
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
Valeria Changes

I had not added the +2 Cha I doing for the Female changes to Character. This had only made her 26 pt buy, but now she the normal 28.

I made the adjustment now and Character correct!

Here:

« Previous Topic · The People of Thurian: · Next Topic »
Add Reply