Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to The Thurian Continent: Conan D20 RPG Site.. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Hi everybody!
Topic Started: Jul 6 2015, 11:23 PM (416 Views)
Bahamut255
Member Avatar
Adept/Warrior
[ *  * ]
Been meaning to join this site for a long time now, but only now finally got around to actually doing so. Still, here at lastÖ

For me, I first encountered Conan from the 65-Episode 1992/3 Animated Series, which upon further checks and rewatches, Iíve found to be actually quite faithful to the works of Robert Ervin Howard. Next in line was the 1984 Conan the Destroyer, and only after that did I watch the 1982 Conan the Barbarian. Of them, Iíve found myself still liking the Animated Series, but the 1982 CtB is to date the one I like the most - IĎll assume my Avatar gives the reason away, though the music and overall design of it would have been more than enough by themselves.

What brought me here is ĎThe Mysteries of Zamoraí, which caught my attention during a random Google Search, and Iíve been striving to catch up with, to see whatís happened there.

I canít say Iím that familiar with these RPGs, the ones Iíve done the most being of the Console JRPG (e.g. the Final Fantasy Series) and have never done a tabletop RPG in my life, so it goes without saying that Iíve got a lot of catching up to do in that regard.

If I do decide to enter/create a PbP, I suppose Iíd go for the Sorcerer or Cleric Class (if theyíre the right terms) or anything else related to that class. As for having one of my own design, I think Iíll need to work on that.

EDIT: I just noticed what Member Number I am, TVTropes is gonna have a Field Day with that! :lol: :lol:
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Nialldubh
Member Avatar
Administrator
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
Welcome Bahamut, nice of you to join us. :)

Yes, we have our favourites which reminds us most of what we enjoy, I first started with the novels and in fact, they still hold the nostalgia of the concept of the Hyborian Age for me.

I glad your enjoying the story and Adventure of Olivia. It on pause for the present, but I do plan to restart in a few months.

Well if you do want to learn the rules, it not difficult and yes the "Sorcerer," based on the Scholar Class is a interesting Character type! :)

Must rush, it dinner time here and I starving. :)

Bahamut255
Member Avatar
Adept/Warrior
[ *  * ]
Been looking it up when I can, and still struggling to work out all the particulars. In fact, I barely have a grasp of the basics. If even that.

Which is kinda a shame because I do have two possible PbPs which might be good enough to enact, though both are only in the loosest sketch stages.

Nialldubh
Member Avatar
Administrator
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
Well the Scholar/sorcerer is the most difficult of the Character Classes, but apart from the "Sorcerous Rules," which either can hinder or make the Sorcerer more powerful, it is basically simple (well, at least at low levels with only a few spells to remember).

The Scholar learns a School of a particular type of Spells, get the basic spell. Power Points (PP) are good as the more PP your PC has the greater amount of spells he can cast, so having a good Wisdom (Wis) score will help.

Also having a high Charisma and Intelligence helps. The Charisma focusing the spell so it can affect those it touches and high Intelligence, gains the Sorcerer more spells.

The problem is how to play a Scholar...

1) A Sorcerer is usually evil and...

2) A Wizard, like Akiro is well lets say natural and you can judge for yourself if that is a benefit! :)

Keep creating your PbP, we will be here years from now, so take your time. Life goes on! :)

Bahamut255
Member Avatar
Adept/Warrior
[ *  * ]
Well there is this one PbP idea I'm developing on, though discerning the workings of the PbP System is proving to be a lot more challenging than I'd initially anticipated. Still, I think I have an idea as to how the d20 system operates, so that's a start I suppose.

On to better things though:

Can't find a good place within this forum for discussing topics related to Conan and the Hyborian Times, but not with regards to Role-Plays, so how exactly would such things be talked about? PMs?

The points you raised on Scholar/Sorcerer/Wizard Characters. Well, I find myself liking these villainous characters more, as they more often than not have deeper and better fleshed-out personalities. At least to me, they do.

And here's to hoping I can be a lot more active here in the weeks and months to come. ^_^

Nialldubh
Member Avatar
Administrator
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
Hi Bahamut

Glad your progressing. :)

The best place is in "General Discussions," Section which we are in under "Conan RPG Site," and start a new post. I know it states RPG, but it just meaning the actual site your in, not that it only just for D20 chat.

I had started a few posts on Conan novels, but not much else.

We not get much discussions on this site, but be glad start a new forum, I will create one in 'General Discussion,' under "Varied Conan Topics," which is probably the best idea.

:)

« Previous Topic · Introduce Yourselves: · Next Topic »
Add Reply