Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to The Thurian Continent: Conan D20 RPG Site.. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Barbarians of Lemuria Revised:; "Age of Thongor!"
Topic Started: Apr 16 2017, 05:44 PM (86 Views)
Nialldubh
Member Avatar
Administrator
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
Lemurian RPG

Well I have been studying Simon Washbourne's BoL came, even bought the Mystic Edition and that is after purchasing the Legendary Edition, which I only glanced at.

But the main reason is Simon could not get the licence to Carter's Lemuria. So, his game is based on a revised concept of Lemuria based on Carter's work, but not Carter's Lemuria!

So, I Started a revised version:

Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Nialldubh
Member Avatar
Administrator
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
The Thongor Titles
(In Order)

Young Thongar:
(Black Hawk of Valkarth, The City in the Jewel, Demon of the Snows, The Creature in the Crypt, Mind Lord of Lemuria, Silver Shadows, Witch-Queen of Lemuria (not within the Young Thongor novel), Keeper of the Emerald Flame, Black Moonlight, Thieves of Zangabal.)

Thongor and the Wizard of Lemuria.
Thongor of Lemuria (Thongar and the Dragon City).
Thongor Against the Gods.
Thongor in the City of Magicians.
Thongor at the End of Time.
Thongor Fights the Pirates of Tarakus.

Nialldubh
Member Avatar
Administrator
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
Lemurian Personalities

Reading through the various novels which I now have; I have spent about 6 weeks rereading and rereading again till I think I have got as much as I can from the novels.

This is a PDF which expands Simon's Lemurian Personalities Chapter in his BoL 2nd Edition free copy of BoL.

Here:

Nialldubh
Member Avatar
Administrator
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
Locations of Lemuria

Expanding another Chapter and using new B&W map; his other PDF does locations.

Here:

Nialldubh
Member Avatar
Administrator
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
Lemurian Terms

Extend Chapter of Lemurian Terms.

Here:

kintire
Arch-Magi/Hero-King
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
I've never read Thongor. I have read a couple of the World's End books and found them a little self mocking. Would you recommend Thongor?

Nialldubh
Member Avatar
Administrator
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
The Thongor books are questionable, I first read "Thongor and the Wizard of Lemuria," when I was about 12-13 and I was put off by airboats and dinosaurs that reach 200 feet long and that is on land and returned to my Conan novels. For example the Blue Whale is only 100 foot long and only because it is in the sea; so my first reaction the Thongor is naff and that was at that early age.

But, that is what makes it so good; it's stories can be a little gung-ho as Thongor throws himself at 200 foot long Larth sea-monster; but it is fun and it can generate a smile if not a "What the ...!!!"

Plus once you read the unreal; and I think after the first read and reread it, it is actually a very interesting story, landscape, cultural structure, etc. And with some interesting creatures and magical exploits if not mixed with science, i.e. "lighting Guns and skybelt (which allow for anti-gravity jumping).

So, yes I give it a 7 out of 100 no I meant 10, pushing an 8... :)

Nialldubh
Member Avatar
Administrator
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
Flora and Fauna

Another revised Chapter:

Here:

DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
« Previous Topic · Thongor of Lemuria: · Next Topic »
Add Reply