Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to The Thurian Continent: Conan D20 RPG Site.. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
City Encounters:; "Beware the Dark Alleys!"
Topic Started: Aug 24 2017, 05:57 PM (107 Views)
Nialldubh
Member Avatar
Administrator
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
City Encounters

The streets were poorly light, the partial moon was hidden by the roof tops and the light of a candle in the window was not enough to give much illumination in the slum district of the city Morg had found himself in; along way from Cimmeria, this Zamorian city was unlike much he had seen in the past and he had much to learn of it's ways. A cry rang out in the silent night and the barbarian's hand rush to his sword hilt, the cry was near, but far away not to alarm him! He moved slowly forward; intent on avoiding the incident!

Welcome to the City-life!
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Nialldubh
Member Avatar
Administrator
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
City Maps

I started creating this map quite a few months back; this is based on a City Encounter Charts I working at this present moment and hope to finish soon. But, as with many things, you do something and find a lot more to do; much to my frustration, so working at it with determination to finish it.

But first the city maps.

The maps here are to give an example of a city planning, but the Encounter Charts (to come) could be of used for any city (Shadizar, Tarantia, Khemi, Etc.), just roll of the appropriate district and get a random encounter.

Here are the Maps:

Here: Font city Map.
Here: City Map.
Here: City Sewer System Map.
Here: Blank Basic District Map.

Just to Note: The last near blank map is how I started, then started placing buildings; at first it was one building at a time, till that was way to slow, I started bunching buildings and hacking a dark patches to make roads and lane. I very happy with result, but it not Rembrandt).

Nialldubh
Member Avatar
Administrator
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
City Knowledge

Some knowledge on how city functions and chance of encounters (Encounter charts; next post)

Here: City Note.
Here: Encounters with a Urban Environment.
Here: Chance of an Encounter within a City.
Here: NPC's Reasons and Motivations.
Here: Professions of Commoners.

Here: Main Culture Chart.

More Culture Charts will follow; still working at them (also Descriptions of Encounters soon).

Nialldubh
Member Avatar
Administrator
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
City Districts and Wards Encounter Charts

Various districts and wards of the city, these do not necessary need to be used with the city map provided, but can be used with any city desired, Shadizar, Tarantia, Khemi, etc. And not every district/ward need be used, just take what you need.

Also; I cannot believe everyone agrees with my NPC classes, but if Petty Thief is rolled, just use a Thief, if Predator is rolled, use Barbarians, etc.

Here: Caravan Districts.
Here: Craftsman and Docks Districts.
Here: Market Districts.
Here: Nobel and Merchant Districts.
Here: Temple Districts.

Here: Castle and Garrison Wards.

Here: Slum Districts.
Here: Sewer System.
Here: River System.

Here: Unique Encounters Chart.

Nialldubh
Member Avatar
Administrator
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
City Encounter Descriptions:

A description of encounter of a mundane type:

Here:

Note:
I have taken these encounters from Gary Gygax's 1E AD&D Urban Encounters from the DMG and done some chances to it to suit Conan D20.

ZetaBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Enjoy forums? Start your own community for free.
Learn More · Register Now
« Previous Topic · Urban Life of Thurian: · Next Topic »
Add Reply