Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to The Thurian Continent: Conan D20 RPG Site.. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Grey Coast Map v2:; "The Cataclysmic Peninsula!"
Topic Started: Nov 11 2017, 06:29 PM (43 Views)
Nialldubh
Member Avatar
Administrator
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
Grey Coast Version 2

New version of Grey Coast...

Novo Grey Coast:

Added Thule island.

Naming rivers.

Sorting Forest.

Adding more locations and ruins.

General fixing errors and making the map look more artistic, plus giving the map a more precise description of area, naming plains, some of the unnamed forests, etc.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Nialldubh
Member Avatar
Administrator
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
Well this is it, I quite happy with result and feel the map is as complete as it can get, which is an unusual felling considering the progress made.

Grey Coast Map:

Not doubt other places will be added, but that is normal and I meaning 4-5 years from now, there maybe an advance, but happily no more for now!

With aid from a fellow (Giz) I finished the last area on map which need some life (Stonebrook area left-base of map) giving two villages Greenroad and Hillvale and also Tomb of Iron God as a location, and I added extra with 2 more settlements to develop area.

I named every unnamed island. That to me makes the map complete in every useful lore of the land. Of course one culture naming an island something, does not mean every other culture or group uses same name, but it is a general description that has now become common in the areas after 300-400 years of constant use, so most relate, even if they not know what the name means.

I plan next, script work for areas and typing in many descriptions and some examples of names, not everyone, like Yul in Mongolian means "Beyond the End!" Which I used to call an island at south of the great peninsula to signify what the people of the once Greyland had thought was the far-reaches of the world, etc.

Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

« Previous Topic · Astonishing Hyperborea: · Next Topic »
Add Reply