Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to The Thurian Continent: Conan D20 RPG Site.. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Debate on OD&D:; "Ended!"
Topic Started: Oct 2 2017, 09:40 AM (13 Views)
kintire
Arch-Magi/Hero-King
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
so does this mean a new game is in the offing? :)

Its ages since I've played an OD&D style game
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Nialldubh
Member Avatar
Administrator
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
Well sure, I am working at my Blackmarsh area; as of course by the maps, it also includes a few other surrounding regions.

But, yes, bit of a surprise, never really thought that you might be interested.

Have you heard of AS&SH before...?

It has got the 4 main Classes, Fighter, Magician, Cleric and Thief and 22 Subclasses, not including the ones I just added. I think it is a very well constructed game and with it's mix of Conan, Cthulhu, etc., basically a S&S game, it feels just perfect...

Some Rules:

FA = Fighting ability, so I use it much like 3.5 ish.

AC 5 = 15 to hit (basically if it adds to 20) AC 7 = 13 to hit, for example.

AC -2 is converted to a plus, = 22 to hit, AC -5 = 25 to hit.

Then; as per most games, add pluses together for base attack. So combat is simple enough. Max level 12 for every Class; so fighter has FA 12 at 12th level, basically this means +12 to hit, plus other attribute bonuses etc.

CA = Casting Ability for magic (Divine or Sorcery).

TA = Turning Ability: needing no explanation!

Not sure how you would want to work it, as obviously there is some changes to OD&D to suit the game creator new ideas. Some great special abilities for the various Classes.

This is link for new 2E; if you want to buy it Here:

And please no more Females...

There is so much to the book, it would be difficult to explain the lot to you! :(

But, even it you not want to get rules, creating a basic fighter (or magician, cleric, Thief) 4d6 remove lowest, place as desire. Normal Attributes as expected Str, Dex, Con, Int, Wis, Cha in that order and we sort rest as we go, would be fine!

Chat soon

Edit: Unless you wish yo do a purist 3d6 rolls and place in order, rolling hit points; it is what I do?

kintire
Arch-Magi/Hero-King
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
I'll take a look and see what its like. I am not a huge fan of random character generation... actually that's an understatement, I am actively hostile to it... but I can probably live with the 4d6 version.

What's wrong with females?

Nialldubh
Member Avatar
Administrator
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
I am a big fan of random character creation and think it creates unique characters instead of the bland 25 pointers created characters that are for those who prefer to play it safe, than try for a heroic character or a be dismal character.

Elric of Melibone must have roll 3 "1" for Strength, yet most would throw him in the bin, I think that a lot interesting characters would be lost by people who are to scared to play them.

Females in real life, are not realistic and I sick of the fantasia they are given in RPG. Most (every) wars are fought my men and personally it insults me as a man and a trained killer (warrior) to watch one shake it's arse through a battle as if it is immune to a blade in some chain mail bikini so, no I have a list of complaints I cannot be bothered listing. One that relates to the natural world and it's normal balance between male and female.

« Previous Topic · Forum of Comments: · Next Topic »
Add Reply