Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to ONTARIO WILDLIFE FIELD RESEARCH. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Where are you located; Post your Location
Topic Started: Jul 14 2014, 10:52 PM (1,215 Views)
Peter Smith
Member Avatar
Pathfinder
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
We have local groups in most areas of Ontario. If you wish to be involved with a local group, post your location here.

Peter - Sudbury Region
“For those who believe, no proof is necessary. For those who don't, no proof is possible.”
― Stuart Chase
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

OldLadySquatcher62
Lil' Squirrel
[ * ]
My location: Sault Ste. Marie Region
"Never miss a chance to be kind, you may not get many chances. By Dodie"

Fotofan
Member Avatar
Lil' Squirrel
[ * ]
Hi everyone. A belated greeting to all of you. Briefly about myself: i'm located in Ottawa. I ,my brother, and then a friend had an experience/altercation on 3 different times while camping (and i'm pretty sure a fourth time by myself where I had small pebbles thrown at me)-- all in the same area. I need help with this and had no idea who/what/where to turn to. I/we haven't told anyone-- I just don't need people thinking I'm nuts. I've tried to talk my brother and friend into going back with me-- they don't want to-- too afraid really and I understand that. I've gone back myself. In daylight and overnight. To be honest it's a good test of your courage. I never totally believed these things existed even though I and three friends saw one in Pembroke outside of a trailer park when I was six years old (and there was no mistake because we watched it for 20 seconds and then a second time at a garbage dump-- I just wrote it off as inexplicable. I went online and was surprised at all of the info I discovered about this phenomenon. I want to tell what we experienced & saw and because of the circumstances (existence of Sasquatches aren't widely accepted and to avoid humiliation) can only talk to people on a site like this. People familiar with this. I was glad I found this site; I joined back in May. I came across and checked out the BFRO site and was quite surprised to find out sightings were reported in the same area we were in (Westport--South and South East of). I've gone back alone scouting tracking etc. (and researching really) but need a partner I guess you can call it. Someone serious, and obviously there are people here in the same situation. I realize there are other people who have seen one or had an experience that was more intense then maybe just a brief sighting which compelled them to try and find answers like what happened to us because our experience is/was thankfully not unique. So I am willing to help someone else. I'm sure many people have the same questions I/we do. I acquired and have equipment that would help (above and beyond the basic camping equipment) like night vision and two GPS units-- it didn't take me long to realize these things would help me. I'm a newbie at this site and trying to get to know its workings. Trying not to make this post too long. And figuring out what to post and where. I'm posting this very late at night so am signing out and really hope to talk to someone tomorrow night when I sign in. And to ask Peter for advice.

rubberboots
Swift Cougar
[ *  *  * ]
Sudbury Region

Lisa
Sly Fox
[ *  * ]
Barrie

Peter Smith
Member Avatar
Pathfinder
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
Rubberboots, please stay in touch with me for field trips in northern Ontario.

Welcome Lisa. Please contact savguy for Barrie and surrounding area.
“For those who believe, no proof is necessary. For those who don't, no proof is possible.”
― Stuart Chase

rubberboots
Swift Cougar
[ *  *  * ]
Thank you Peter, I will stay in touch.

adraintaylor
Lil' Squirrel
[ * ]
Hi everybody - Adrain from Waterdown. Hamilton area.

Unregistered

Hi everyone, I'm presently in north Scarborough. I'm looking for a rural house further north.
Quote Post Goto Top

Moe From The Himalayas
Lil' Squirrel
[ * ]
Howdy Yall, just signed up.

I'm from Waterloo Region. Please feel free to contact me.

ronniecheverie
Lil' Squirrel
[ * ]
Good evening, My name is Ronnie and I am in the Petawawa area. I am ex military (retired now...medical) and I have been interested in Sasquatch for many years, actually since I was a small boy and my old man taking me out looking for sign. Is there any group(s) in my area that would like another set of eyes? I have tracking skills (I have taught man tracking and dog evasion in the military..ex infantry). I am somewhat disabled (back and knees) but skill sets are still in tac!lol Again, if anyone is in my area wishing for assistance or just getting out to enjoy the wilderness, please give me a shout....thanks

English Kev
Unregistered

Hello! English Kev here, in Iroquois Falls.
Quote Post Goto Top

Kevin
Timber Wolf
[ *  *  *  * ]
Hey everybody, Kevin here, I'm in the Toronto region.
There's not many squatches here, just a few people who smell like 'em!

Peter, I'm willing to help as local co-ordinator, and go with others on local field investigations.
Willing to go further during camping season... I'll e-mail you my phone # just in case.

Sweet_lou72
Lil' Squirrel
[ * ]
Sarnia Lambton here

Mbot13
Lil' Squirrel
[ * ]
Hey! Michael here from Mississauga. Not too many Sasquatches here so that's why I'm eager to go on some field investigations!

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · New Member Welcomes · Next Topic »
Add Reply