Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to ONTARIO WILDLIFE FIELD RESEARCH. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Rapid Clicking
Topic Started: Jan 9 2015, 06:59 PM (769 Views)
Bigfootaddict
Swift Cougar
[ *  *  * ]
Has anyone ever heard of Sasquatch clicking. I know the answer is yes but let me describe it to you a little. It's approximately 5-10 clicks at a time they are rapid and then a pause. This may sound strange but if you've seen the movie the predator and you can remember how he clicked it's the same. I've heard that they click their teeth like chatter any help would be appreciated. Now that I think of it think of a porpoise. Thanks
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Bigfootaddict
Swift Cougar
[ *  *  * ]
I don't understand why no one wants to share info. Is it me? Or am I the only one that actually goes out and looks for them. Sitting on the computer to do your research sucks. Going out in the field is like Christmas over and over. I just purchased another recorder and I'm heading out in a few minutes. This one is a lot better than my first and I will be able to post my recordings on the site for everyone to listen to. I'm not going to participate if no one else does. If you guys want to hear some really cool shit than share what you have too.

Tim M
Wise Owl
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
I know what you mean by clicking.
I wrote about it on the forum about 2 years ago.
I've experienced it first hand and it left me curious and slightly unsettled.

JohnC
Member Avatar
Wise Owl
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
I have not heard a lot about clicking. I have however, seen various animals chatter their teeth for different reasons, and have heard first hand how it can sound like clicking. I will do some research on it and post again.
"There is nothing in cryptology that violates any established laws,laws of physics,or laws of nature,what it violates are some peoples sensibilities, so its really,that's more of a social problem rather than a scientific problem." Dr.J.Richard Greenwell

Peter Smith
Member Avatar
Pathfinder
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
Yes, I remember talking to Tim M about the clicking that he experienced while investigating footprints.

After talking to several witnesses, I believe this is a sound made with the tongue, which we can do by clucking the tongue against the roof of the mouth.

With the capability of smart phones, I do not know why we do not get more photos and audio. The recording app on a smart phone is high quality audio, and so easy to turn on quickly.

If we have a few audio recordings, we will start a library, that members can access to listen, and upload their own audio files.
“For those who believe, no proof is necessary. For those who don't, no proof is possible.”
― Stuart Chase

Tim M
Wise Owl
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
An audio library is a great idea.
I don't have an iphone, but I do have a digital recorder.
On the day I heard the clicking I was hiking with my digital camera strapped to my wrist. At the time I heard it I had sat down for a break and put my camera in my bag and so I wasn't able to record the sound. I really wish I had. It was so unusual, I will never forget it.

Bigfootaddict
Swift Cougar
[ *  *  * ]
Thank you so much for responding I was almost giving up hope. There's so many sounds that I'm getting over and over. I'm an experienced outdoorsman and these sounds are unlike anything I've heard or know should exist. I'd really like to share them with others who are recording just like me. I've tried video but they are on to me not sure how but they are. Therefore I've found recorders work the best. If anyone else is out there let me know and we can talk.

Bigfootaddict
Swift Cougar
[ *  *  * ]
I'm going to address the video thing. I have many recordings and literally hours of time spent in the bush doing so what I've figured out is that they know when you're trying to record video. I don't know how or why I can only give you my experience. I've tried 5 times and got nothing during these attempts I don't even get any audio which is rare. When my recorders are out I may get one whoop quiet but there when the video is out nothing. I think an audio library might be the way to go I am willing to share SOME of what I have with the others. I've gone to great lengths and spent a fair bit to just give everything away. Peter you know who I am and I will get a hold of you soon to see what we can post.

Tim M
Wise Owl
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
Would love to hear some audio recordings.
Do you think you can post some?

What kind of recorder do you use?

Bigfootaddict
Swift Cougar
[ *  *  * ]
Sorry I didn't see this message until now I know it's late but better now than never. I use sony digital recorders and sometimes my old smart phone it's one good way to use them if no one wants them and they're free. If you are still interested I can tell you what I do how I go about it, it seems to be working for me. Back to the subject on posting some of my recordings I actually wouldn't mind doing it I mean some of it. The problem exists with me I am not tech savvy I can use things and that's about it. Peter has been asking me for some time and I literally looked the other day and can't figure out how to do it. I can get the recordings on my computer but that's where it ends. There's an option to burn them to CD but what the hell is that good for. The thing is that I could load them to a mini chip and give it to someone who knows what to do with it but then I've given my work away and don't know where it'll end up. I had a friend who was supposed to help but that fell through. If you have any ideas fire away.

Manitoba Keith
Sly Fox
[ *  * ]
Yes, popping noises. tongue against the roof of the mouth. This guy that I have has been quite vocal, can anyone recommend recording equipment? If I get anything I am willing to share.

Peter Smith
Member Avatar
Pathfinder
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
I use a Sony recorder. It is good for a few hours, and can be set for sound activated. There are many others, so hopefully several will be mentioned here.

Make sure that the one you purchase, has a USB built in, or an interface cable, so you can transfer saved audio files.

One member has an upscale recorder, that is worth considering. I will get details.
“For those who believe, no proof is necessary. For those who don't, no proof is possible.”
― Stuart Chase

davidwa
Swift Cougar
[ *  *  * ]
A zoom H2N or newer are good choices. They have multi directional microphones and ARE VERY SENSITIVE.

THEY CAN SAVE DIRECTLY TO MP3 or many other easily convertable formats
https://www.zoom.co.jp/products/handy-recor...-handy-recorder

davidwa
Swift Cougar
[ *  *  * ]

Hi BFA. I experienced the same thing in the same relative location last week. I was looking for prints near the base of a waterfall when had an intense feeling of being watched. Despite being if field all day this was only time I felt that way. It was at this time that I heard 2 distinct patterns of what sounded like small stones clacking together. Each time it sounded like 5-7 quick strikes , then a second or two pause then another repaeat. This pattern happened 3 times until I started to move away from the immediate area. So...I am def interested further now that I see you had same experience.

Peter Smith
Member Avatar
Pathfinder
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
I remember Tim M's episode in Sunderland. We have several reports of a similar nature. Is it clucking, by flicking the tongue on the roof of the mouth, or clacking two small stones together.

We really need to start using our recorders, or at least, a smart phone. All smartphones have a good recorder. If you do not know how to post a recording, please send it to me, and I will post it for you.
― Stuart Chase

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · What is it? · Next Topic »
Add Reply