Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to ONTARIO WILDLIFE FIELD RESEARCH. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
need help with tracking; near north bay ..found its pathways
Topic Started: Feb 15 2016, 11:31 AM (403 Views)
HRLYRDR2005
Lil' Squirrel
[ * ]
after coming around corner of trail I had face to face with one of them ...30 to 40 feet away it looked at me and sighed growled at me ..and then stared at me for 1 to 2 minutes and then ran off into bush ...I found its trail its been using to get around the area and some strange things ... after the first meeting I set up a trap for it ...after a heavy rain I put mushrooms and some vegetables in the middle of this big muddy area along its pathway...came back next day and everything was gone from muddy area but with several sticks around the area and marks in mud like something dragged the vegies out ..couldn't see any footprints..but did see impressions in ground and stride like marks ...im 6 feet 6inches and this thing was easy 8 feet plus and 500lbs plus in size ..but moved quickly and quietly for its size.. ive done some more scouting on my own but need more people out with me in spring summer...I believe its using the snowmobile trails in summer to move around the area and run into Algonquin park ...if interested in helping out leave message or if anyone else has seen it around north bay area please tell me about it
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Peter Smith
Member Avatar
Pathfinder
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
After an exchange of emails, we met with HRLYRDR2005 in June, and he showed us new tracks. In August, four of us, including a good tracker, found more signs, and late at night, had vocals returned from two directions. We will be visiting the location often.

“For those who believe, no proof is necessary. For those who don't, no proof is possible.”
― Stuart Chase

Denis Truchon
Member Avatar
Lil' Squirrel
[ * ]
I know it is little late..lol..but where is this location , what area ?
My Webpage

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · Report a Sighting · Next Topic »
Add Reply