Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to ONTARIO WILDLIFE FIELD RESEARCH. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Prints on the Rain Lake Hiking Trail; looks like a a big foot print
Topic Started: Sep 12 2016, 09:31 PM (310 Views)
lynx lake
Sly Fox
[ *  * ]
Friday afternoon September 9, 2016. 3:23 PM. Hiking on the rain lake backpacking trail in Algonquin Park. sunny warm day heavy rainfall night before.

My wife and I hiked from the access point to Hot Lake portage for a picnic Lunch. we met a solo hiker and his German shepherd on the way in and a group of 6 men on the way out. spotted these tracks on the way out nearly back to the access point.

they appeared to be heading back in and where estimated to be 15-16 inches long. They also appeared to be toes prints at the wide end.

Sorry this site wont allow me to attach jpeg?

Posted Image
on the road to "Shambhala" !
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Peter Smith
Member Avatar
Pathfinder
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
Thanks Lynx Lake. I have trouble posting pics as well. They need to be under 300kB, or posted to Photobucket first. I am looking at that.

Please email the pics to me, and I will give my opinion. I will also post them into your post.

Thanks

peter.owfr@gmail.com
“For those who believe, no proof is necessary. For those who don't, no proof is possible.”
― Stuart Chase

Peter Smith
Member Avatar
Pathfinder
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
Naturalpath posted instructions on how to post images. It works better than any method we have previously tried.

Thanks to Naturalpath.

Read instructions here.
http://z15.invisionfree.com/OWFR/index.php?showtopic=992

Just make sure that you scale or crop your images to 500kB or smaller. Also see my post on Paint.net as an image editor.
“For those who believe, no proof is necessary. For those who don't, no proof is possible.”
― Stuart Chase

Tim M
Wise Owl
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
Thanks for posting, Lynx Lake.

Not much detail, but I can definitely see what you mean.

I find those kinds of prints are the most common, it could go either way. I have come to believe that the Sasquatch are aware of their prints and hide them whenever possible. Maybe these type of prints are more often found because the Sasquatch know there is little detail left in them. Or maybe they are nothing.

What kind of ground is this?

I found a similar trackway in a dry field.
I'll try and post a picture below.

Posted Image

lynx lake
Sly Fox
[ *  * ]
This track was found on the old abandoned Booth railway which forms part of the Backpacking trail in Algonquin park on the south shore of Rain Lake. The trail is covered in spruce and hemlock needles.

lynx lake
Sly Fox
[ *  * ]
look under 'in the field' ' what is it ' September 2016 posted by Lynx lake. My photos are on my old computer so I will try to upload them to the site again.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · What is it? · Next Topic »
Add Reply