Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to ONTARIO WILDLIFE FIELD RESEARCH. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Breaking News!
Topic Started: Oct 27 2017, 04:19 PM (223 Views)
NaturalPath
Member Avatar
Timber Wolf
[ *  *  *  * ]
https://tinyurl.com/y8oozebc
My Blog1
My Blog2
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Peter Smith
Member Avatar
Pathfinder
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
Thanks NP.

I read the article, and sent an email to Todd Standing, offering our support. We have one report that we are pursuing with an FOI application. We have evidence of OPP and MNR denial, when the report was made to them, on a specific date in 2009. Two witnesses reported their sighting to OPP, who contacted MNR. An MNR Officer, and two biologists attended the remote cottage. The MNR officer left, but the biologists stayed for 2 or 3 days.

We named the biologists, and requested copies of their field notes. MNR denies knowledge of the report, and states that the named biologists are not MNR employees.

We will not give up on this one.
“For those who believe, no proof is necessary. For those who don't, no proof is possible.”
― Stuart Chase

NaturalPath
Member Avatar
Timber Wolf
[ *  *  *  * ]
More;
https://tinyurl.com/y6vb9j9q
My Blog1
My Blog2

Peter Smith
Member Avatar
Pathfinder
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
This will be an interesting case to follow.
“For those who believe, no proof is necessary. For those who don't, no proof is possible.”
― Stuart Chase

Tim M
Wise Owl
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
This is so great.

He's doing what many of us have said and what many books have mentioned over the past 50 years or so. If Sasquatch evidence was presented in a court of law it would hold up.

Will it help in this case? Probably not, because no matter how good our evidence is, they don't have to admit or accept it.

I also noticed one other thing. After being in the field for well over 10 years now it's funny how all the 'non-believers' start to sound sooo crazy. To me, they are starting to look how they think we look. It's so funny to be on the other side of the coin. lol

Kevin
Timber Wolf
[ *  *  *  * ]
It's quite a situation. It would be nice if he wins, but he has a real chance of losing.
Tim, you said :
"If Sasquatch evidence was presented in a court of law it would hold up."
We have lots of good evidence, but it probably requires a preponderance of irrefutable evidence, to invoke a change in the present law. Some evidence may not be enough evidence. How much is enough, legally? Which kind?
Tim, I realize you see the legal system for the minefield it is, as you say:
"Will it help in this case? Probably not, because no matter how good our evidence is, they don't have to admit or accept it. "
Clearly, you realize there are technicalities on the admission of evidence that require legal knowledge.

What worries me the most is he says he has no lawyer. If he loses on a technicality, it may set a precedent that judges will quote and follow on all such subsequent similar cases.
Then, future legal cases could also continually lose, setting back progress in this whole field of research.
We can't afford for him to lose this one now, or, as a community we will all suffer, and lose face.
For these reasons, he needs a lawyer, badly. I think the best way we could support him is to help him get legal representation.
Unless someone knows a lawyer who will work Pro Bono for him, we should take up a collection to hire one, and pay him a retainer. Sasquatch needs legal 'standing'.
This needs to be done right the first time, so much is invested in it.

NaturalPath
Member Avatar
Timber Wolf
[ *  *  *  * ]
https://www.msn.com/en-ca/news/canada/government-responds-to-sasquatch-lawsuit/ar-BBJgdU0?li=AAggFp5
My Blog1
My Blog2

Tim M
Wise Owl
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
Good luck to him.

m-stu
Timber Wolf
[ *  *  *  * ]
Tim M
Feb 21 2018, 02:21 PM
Good luck to him.
Good luck indeed

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1yfPu_y6tsrMyNjUgL5056vt74KjFnGJ9/view

Kite-Squatch
Member Avatar
Swift Cougar
[ *  *  * ]
How many "Todd Standing's" are there?
Floyd: "How do you feel?"
Curnow: "Ugh. Like shit."
Floyd: "That's about right."
-- 2010 [1984]

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · Media Articles · Next Topic »
Add Reply