Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to ONTARIO WILDLIFE FIELD RESEARCH. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
New Great Ape species discovered; Theres still hope for us boys and girls!
Topic Started: Nov 3 2017, 07:13 PM (160 Views)
SquatchDawg
Sly Fox
[ *  * ]
http://www.latimes.com/science/sciencenow/...-htmlstory.html

If we knew what we were doing, it would not be called research, would it?
Albert Einstein
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Peter Smith
Member Avatar
Pathfinder
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
Yes, that is true. Except sasquatch is well aware of us, and is intelligent enough to avoid us.

Primitive Amazon tribes are still being found. Imagine, a tribe of humans that has never had contact with modern civilization. Brazillian authorities have chosen to leave those tribes alone.

Perhaps governments are learning. No, greed will prevail.

Well, it was a nice thought.

“For those who believe, no proof is necessary. For those who don't, no proof is possible.”
― Stuart Chase

Kevin
Swift Cougar
[ *  *  * ]

Maybe governments are slowly learning, but not fast enough.
Our own short history shows that when 2 new cultures meet, the stronger one overruns and absorbs the weaker one. Besides greed, humans abuse power and like to dominate unnecessarily. It's instinctual, primal human nature, many can't resist.
Now look what was done for these very same reasons:

http://metro.co.uk/2017/09/11/uncontacted-...miners-6919245/

Even if the government chose to protect Sasquatch, like they do in China, this admission of their existence could attract more unscrupulous hunters who would then choose to go hunt a 'trophy' Bigfoot. Chimpanzee poachers usually shoot the alpha male and dominant female, then take the babies to sell. Without expert guidance, government is likely to fumble on Sasquatch protection, and risk being defeated because of greedy human nature. Sadly, it does tend to prevail.

Michaelp416
Swift Cougar
[ *  *  * ]
We have not come forward 1 inch as a race. A critical review of history spells that out. We are still driven by greed, lust and a desire for power. Technology aside, we are only more self aware, and mostly at that, we spend our time trying to look proper and correct, toeing the line of consensus acceptability.

If anything, and be insulted, folks, if you will, we are AT BEST, a race of brilliant idiots.

Time will bear this out.

Just hang on.

;)

Tim M
Wise Owl
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
Speak for yourself.

Michaelp416
Swift Cougar
[ *  *  * ]
Tim M,Nov 15 2017
04:18 PM
Speak for yourself.

History makes my point. Our pride and arrogance will be our undoing. Bigfooters cannot even get along.

Pride and arrogance, and sometimes its shrouded as "science".

We claim we went to the moon, yet almost fifty years later we cannot with any certainty, pin down what lies at the bottom of a legendary lake, or, explain what so many have seen in our forests. We can however keep waving our proud little flags, claim tolerance and aim towards Utopia, but in the end its about selling out, so very very often, when we are taken into a dark back corner, and offered something, if only we'd back down on a stance, or shut up on something seen, or discovered, that fits into a little box.

I'm negative only in that I am a realist, and critical in my thinking.Again, history, formed or not, speaks volumes.

If any one of us found a Squatch, we'd be taken into that dark little corner, or framed, or made to vanish. It would come down to a choice....because none of this fits into that controlled box. There'd be no moving forward. Too much money and control at stake, let alone "science".

NaturalPath
Member Avatar
Timber Wolf
[ *  *  *  * ]
I have to agree with you Michaelp416 but, at the same time, I understand Tim's comment too. There are people out there that are not part of the 'me first' way of thinking. I know that I'm not and, yes, I also know that many people would say that they're not, when, in fact, they are and, they just can't see it. Having said that, there are not enough to make any kind of real difference so, like you say, we are headed for hell in a hand basket. It will either be, of our own doing or, it will be that nature decided that it just had enough and, unleashes it's fury on us. The fact is, we are a pox on this planet and, at some point, which is probably not all that far off, something has to give. It's the same with any other species that gets out of line, nature will react and, we're not going to like it.
My Blog1
My Blog2

Tim M
Wise Owl
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
Again, I'll ask you to speak for yourself Michaelp416.

Never once would I claim that we went to the moon, so why paint everyone with the same brush? You just can't sum up everyone and everything so easily. It's more complex than that and so is life itself.

Funny, it sounds like you view things in a box-like way and seem to have said box all figured out. You must in order to be so confident to know how we all feel and think. There is a nature to things and to us, yes obviously, and it will always be there, but that's so insignificant when you get outside 'the box'. Which I consider a lot of us to be, outside the box.

As a race, we may have a lot to learn, but that doesn't mean we are idiots.

And to your point about discovery and fitting in a box - No discovery will fit into a box, that's why it actually can be discovered. You want to be inside the box, you're living in a world of man-made junk.

Eisbär
Member Avatar
Sly Fox
[ *  * ]
I think human beings are all inherently violent. Some races more than others. The dominant races on this planet are more inherently violent than others, that is how they dominated. Yes, add ambition, intelligence and other qualities, but the drive to dominate through force is strong.

However, the very idea of being a "Human Being" gives us the ability to make the choice based on Free Will. We have the intelligence and free will to make those choices. We don't have to be a slave to our instincts like other species. Many choose not to do that and that is why we are in the present state we are in.

The way I look at it is I cannot change or control anyone else, only myself. So, I work on myself.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · General Discussions · Next Topic »
Add Reply