Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to Painted Faces. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
  • Pages:
Wake of the Cataclysm; High Fantasy, Lots of Drama
Topic Started: Feb 4 2012, 10:52 AM (1,289 Views)
Oru
Member Avatar
Sol
[ *  *  * ]
Here is my character's profile! Please peruse, and you will get the gist!

Ciaris's Profile

~*~

Ciaris walked the long dirt roads of an unfamiliar land. Sometimes she would see the wake of the Cataclysm spring up around her - cemetaries with fresh tilled earth, towns abandoned and charred by war... But other times she would bask in the newness of the sun, and walk among wildflowers.

She was not used to travelling alone these days. For the past ten years she had never been without company. It was only the recent year that she had taken off by herself, to truly discover her purpose... now that her previous mission had been, for all intense and purposes, completed.

A familiar buzz caught her attention, and her dark eyes drifted over the tall grasses she was walking by. Squishy glided over to her and perched on her shoulder, his fuzzy little body brushing against her cheek. Ciaris smiled fondly and scratched his insectile little face. She could feel the comforting warmth of his glowing abdomen, and the tickle of his wings as they settled against her blue and teal brindled hair. "Hello Squishy." She cooed at the creature, and it buzzed contentedly into her neck. "See anything interesting?"

She took his lack of response as a no, and continued walking onward. Her plain brown travel clothes were just warm enough to keep her comfortable in this climate. She was hoping to come across a stream or a brook...

Ciaris kept the staff she had moving evenly with her steps, and hitched her pack up on her left shoulder to get her left hand free. With it available, she raised her hand to eyelevel and made a strong fist, focusing some of her energies into it to summon her only other friend (here, anyway.) Her black eyes shimmered witht he gift of visions and only to her eyes did a strange, amorphous darkened presence reveal itself in the air before her.

The figure seemed to bow (because otherworldly as it was, how could yo ureally tell if it bowed?) and said in a seemingly distant, soothing tone, "Yes, Mistress?"

Ciaris smiled at Gideon, her little shade spirit (or rather, a spirit of unknown abilities who had been wonderful to her in all her decisions, unjudging of her many flaws.) "Good day Gideon... would you be able to find me a creek or a stream? Please?"

She batted her eyelids at it fetchingly, and smiled. Gideon seemed to smile and bow again (once more, it was funny how she could kind of just... tell.) "Of course, Mistress. Follow me."

Gideon bobbed ahead before her vision, off the road and into the tall grasses. They came up to her waist and tickled her elbows as she walked. Squishy took off from her shoulder and hovered above her like a scout. Ciaris walked without fear of consequence... though she should have been.

With all that had happened, and all that she lost and was torn from her during these dark years, perhaps, int he darkest corners of the pretty little Estmere's mind, she wanted it to end. Or perhaps, she was trying to find something else to live for instead. She herself was unclear as to which one rang more true to her.

After an uneventful ten minute walk, she was upon the creek. it was a larger one then she thought, maybe ten feet wide, and seemingly quite deep. And for the first time that day, Ciaris shed her moody demeanor and smiled brightly, thanking Gideon before he dissapeared. In a flash, Ciaris had shed her robes and piled her belongings on the side of the creek, throwing herself into the water with joy.

A rather dangerous time to be so careless, honestly.

((Hey!! I need an interloper, a native to these unfamiliar lands and come up with something dangerous to assault Ciaris. She is a character I have played for a while, and I want to stretch her legs a bit more in another medium. I hope you like it, and I hope you join me!!! I would prefer someone who LOVES WRITING LONG POSTS!!))
Posted Image
Shout out to all those players I miss, and the new friends I make.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Gigantor
Advanced Member
[ *  *  * ]
(I couldn't decide on a new character so I decided to go with a classic.)

He walked with light steps through the forest with practiced ease. A skill he was taught when he was a young boy raised in the Shade mountains. The forest was welcoming, large trees and thick foliage cast shadows upon the forest path, occasionally broken up by sun shining through the gaps. The shadows allowed his eyes reprieve. In the Shade mountains there wasn't a lot of light and as such, he and his people had developed an extreme light sensitivity. Very few of his homeland traveled outside of it. The blazing sun could blind them.

Birds sang sweet songs as the lone traveler passed almost unnoticed. His long black cloak helped him blend in the shadows.

The distant gurgle of water was his destination. He'd been walking for the better part of the day and desired a drink of fresh water and a rest. His pace quickened to cut the time to his destination. Perhaps he'd camp by the river tonight.
Walker finally made it to the river only to find that he was not the first one to arrive. A young girl was swimming through the blue waters. He squinted against the blazing light then realized she was naked but before he could turn away in embarrassment he saw a figure across the river.

It turned out Walker was the third to arrive at the river. Across the river an ogre stood leering at the swimmer. Then the brute took his first step into the water towards the girl.

"Look out!" He shouted a warning then pulled his sword free of its sheath. Lifting his nodachi over his shoulder he slashed at the air and a howling force roared out across the surface of the water, smashing into the ogre's chest. It didn't stop it though, barely slowed it down.

Scanning the shore he searched desperately for a place to cross the body of water.

Oru
Member Avatar
Sol
[ *  *  * ]
Ciaris, as when she always swam after a long hard walk, was totally oblivious to her surroundings. She was splashing about and swimming for at lest twenty minutes when she felt the rippled of force above her, and heard the distant call that she could not decipher.

Breaching the surface, she unbound her throat so she could breathe normally, and peered about.

Naturally, the first thing she saw was the Ogre's look of confusion and annoyance - which was directed at something other then her. She gasped in surprise as the Orge started sloshing towards her. She backpedaled in the water, and as her hands came together before her she let out a burst of energy, swirling the waters before her in a torrent, hitting the Ogre in the chest. Extending her right hand for a moment longer, she heard the satisfying hissing of flesh as she raised the acidity of the water that now bore into the the Orge's chest.

As the Ogre looked down at himself and began to beat himself in the chest, Ciaris paddled herself to the opposite short, swimming towards her belongings. As she pulled herself out of the water and her hands grasped for her fur cloak her eyes found the source of the distant cry.

Blinking her black eyes at him withmouth open in surprise, she was suddenly glad her hair was as long as it was. it covered most of her unmentionables - but that didn't stop her from pulling the cloak up over herself in surprise. "Oh! Uh - " She looked around momentarily and heard the oncoming splashing of the Ogre as it attempted to cross. "Ogre!"

Ciaris was glad she hadn't heard Squishy's buzzing. She was hoping she could outlive the day the house-cat sized firefly tried to be a hero. for now she was glad that Squishy was sensible enough not to get involved with large scary creatures.

Ciaris pulled herself further out of the water and held the fur in one place as she scrambled for her staff nearby.

((YAY! So much happiness!!))
Posted Image

Gigantor
Advanced Member
[ *  *  * ]
Walker was pleased twofold. First, the girl had the good sense to swim to his side of the river. Second, she had abilities to defend herself.

When she climbed out of the water, he noticed her good sense was also married to fortune as her belongings were also on this side of the water. He smiled when she warned HIM about the ogre.

The fiend was hip deep in river water. Walker stepped passed her and entered the river to his ankles.

"I see it. Get dressed. I'll make him think twice about taking a swim." He said but kept his eyes away out of respect.

He stood up to his ankles in the river and waited for the ogre with his sword ready to strike.

"I will give you this one time to retreat and leave us be. I will not deny you rights to water..." Walker was cut short as the ogre fished into the river for a large rock and threw it at him. He dodged the rock easily, it was easy when it was expected. Walker hated ogres. He often wondered how their species hadn't gone extinct.

Oru
Member Avatar
Sol
[ *  *  * ]
Ciaris watched the man walk by with a relatively at-ease expression. She didn't like Ogre either. The halfling she used to travel with, Palim, was terrified of them, and he would get this slack-jawed expression of wide-eyed and almost comical terror at just the mention of them....

She sighed at the memory, but quickly slipped on her baggy travel pants, and the off-white tunic that she belted into place with a brown sash. That being done she pulled the bear fur over her shoulders, slipped on her boots and readied her staff. Somewhere amid that she stumbled and nearly fell from the nearby impact of the boulder.

Looking back to the water, she saw the cloaked figure anklle deep and confronting the Ogre with a strange sort of blade. She liked it, it looked elegant. Smiling slightly, she took up a pose behind him and readied her staff.

"How do you expect to eat us if you can't even make it through the creek, beast?" She said, voice lilting in a tiniest hint of an accent, lined with a strange good natured callousness.

She lowered the head of her staff and concentrated on the water, and as she stared, the water about the Ogre's feet began to swirl around him in a miniature whirlpool. As she focused, she thought of the stranger. Raising her left hand and making a fist, Gideon appeared, and her black eyes shimmered as if kissed by gently drifting shadows in smoke. "Keep an eye on our friend here, let me know if he falls in, please?"

Gideon seemed to look at the stranger and seemed to shrug. "I will require a boon, Mistress. But your will be done. I will watch him." As Gideon dispersed, the shadows fell from Ciaris' eyes, and she remained focused on the Ogre's feet.
Posted Image

Gigantor
Advanced Member
[ *  *  * ]
Of course the ogre wasn't going to back off. They only knew one direction, ahead. Walker growled annoyed. His sword knew well the taste of blood, ogre blood included but Walker tried to avoid fighting or killing whenever he could.

The ogre was pushing him though. It drew a chipped, vicious looking knife (the "knife" was as long as Walker's entire arm from shoulder to wrist). It walked up to its hips in the turbulent waters and roared a challenge at Walker.

Walker only ever gave one chance and the ogre had chosen to pass.

Stepping into the water up to his ankles, Walker readied his nodachi and studied the ogre. From this distance he could take his time. He had to admit that he liked the addition of the swirling water. Despite the ogre's size and weight, the violent flow would even put it off balance.

Walker dropped into a crouch then leaped high into the air. His cloak fanned out in the area with an audible "thwap". He almost glided through the air, closing the distance to the brute. The ogre brought his knife up to defend but his crude blade was no match for the Night's Guardian.

His sword slashed down, the superior blade cut through the ogre's and carried through leaving a deep gash in the ogre's shoulder. Walker used the ogre's nose as a landing platform then pushed off to land in the water in front of him.

The twisting, angry river water nearly pulled his feet out from in front of him. The exertion of keeping his balance kept him from finishing the ogre off when he landed. The hesitation cost him dearly. The ogre crashed a thick fist onto Walker's head. Knocking him out cold. He collapsed in the water, his sword falling below.

Oru
Member Avatar
Sol
[ *  *  * ]
Ciaris watched as the stranger whirled about in the air. He rewminded her of another old friend, Craig, a paladin of the God Shade, of true darkness. He had seen Craig fight only a few times, but it was reminiscent of this man.

Ciaris, as she always did, flinched at the spilling of blood. But she too was focused on the swirling waters at the Ogre's feet to make proper note of it.

Her eyes phased out a moment and she blinked, seeing Gideon before her. She managed a half smile.

"Mistress, he has fallen in." He seemed to smile and dissapeared, leaving Ciaris with mouth open.

Where had the moments gone? Looking up from the waters in concern, she bit her lip. Now she had to divide her thoughts and that always made it so much harder...

She dropped the staff entirely, and extended both hands. Exherting monumental effort, she used the water to pull the stranger from the chilling depths of the creek and onto the shore by her feet. The Ogre roared in anger and moved forward, reaching the deepest point and foraging onward. Ciaris desperately tried to keep the waters about his feet but it was no use, the beast was just too strong.

Ciaris let out a quiet whimper and pushed herself. Her left hand mimiced a claw and she pushed an invisible force with it towards the Ogre. This worked better when she was touching what she wanted to hurt but... it would have to do....

The Ogre stopped moving, and sniffed, his tusks open and panting. From his mouth Ciaris could see the tendrils of steam ad the acidity of the creature's blood began to rise higher and higher.

Ciaris started sinking to her knees, hand trembling. "Please, just fall.... just fall!" She begged the Ogre, and a moment after the Ogre started howling balefully, barking and thrashing. It crumbled into the water, and soon the serenity of the creek was stained with the morbid swirld of Ogre blood.

When the Ogre had been stilled, and the air was fileld with the acrid taste of acidic water and burning flesh, Ciaris dropped her hands.

Panting, her eyes phased out again, and Gideon reappeared a moment later before her eyes alone. "I have done as you asked. Your boon will be to pray in song this evening."

Ciaris nodded dumbly and scooted back from the water's edge and to the stranger's side. It took all her remaining strength to get his feet out of the water and prop him up appropriately so she could get a look at his head. There was a little blood, and she dabbed at it carefully. As she searched her pack for gauze and some of her salves to stave off infection, Ciaris sang her prayers.

The Estmere language is as fluid and melodic as a spring, but can crash as mightily as the waves. Ciaris' voice lulled like a lazy river, bubbling out into the vastness of her prayers like the crisp, clearness of the delta. Her prayers were sad, and in Estmere she sang of friends lost and loves gone to time, and the thanks she has for the Gods who saved them all from the cataclysm....

She cleared away the blood on the stranger's head and once it was bandaged, Ciaris wrangled him out of his cloak and hung it up to dry.

She in turn, draped her fur over him, and curled up against a tree to rest...

Ciaris was so tired....
Posted Image

Gigantor
Advanced Member
[ *  *  * ]
Walker was in a world of mist and shadows. He'd been here before, it was the spirit world. Since he hadn't come here through meditations it meant that his physical body was in some kind of danger.

There was an ogre. Walker remembered his error and felt the pain of the ogre's attack shock through his spirit. It was only a momentary thing, meant to remind him of what happened.

He felt a pull on his being. It was gentle. A grip of pressure around his throat and chest began to loosen. A distant memory of rushing water reminded him of the battle terrain and wondered what might be happening to his body. Was he here in the spirit world waiting to be carried over to the other side?

Fear froze his heart and chilled the blood in his veins. He fell to his knees and screamed but there was no sound. No physical sounds at least.

~Remember who you are. Remember your purpose. You were on that path, protecting another.~ He told himself once then repeated the words over and over making it a mantra.

On the mortal plane Walker twitched, his fingers curled digging up tiny trails of pebbles and mud. The barrier that kept him from breathing was destroyed by a mighty cough that started deep within his chest. Water spurted from his throat and slid down the side of his face. Walker's eyes flipped open. He turned onto his side and coughed out the rest of the water. Once the liquid was clear he sucked in precious, beautiful air into his lungs.

He lay there panting. It wasn't time for Walker to pass on to the realm of the dead. Not yet.

Oru
Member Avatar
Sol
[ *  *  * ]
((Shoot dude, I thought he was breathin'!))

Ciaris started when the stranger begasn to cough. She paled - had he not been breathing? Had she overlooked that obvious a problem? She felt like she could kick herself, there she was dabbing his head when she hadn't checked his breath. Good Gods, Shaman he isn't an Estmere!

She scrambled over to him, limbs still shaking from the exhertion and no chance to regain any strength. She knelt next to him and gently rubbed his back to make sure he was all right.

She tossed her ocean hair over her shoulder and spoke softly. "Well done, that doesn't belong in your chest. Easy now, try to take deep breaths..."

She looked him over, and sighed. Ciaris really aught to be more careful. She kept this up, she'd end up losing yet another ...

She snapped herself out of that and sat back on her heels, wiping the back of her wrist across her brow. She was so tired. Watching the stranger breathe made her feel better though, and she managed a small smile. "Careful leaning back, stranger, you got hit rather hard on the head, there."
Posted Image

Gigantor
Advanced Member
[ *  *  * ]
(No worries!)

Walker's alertness eventually returned. He felt someone rubbing his back and speaking encouraging words to him. He opened his mouth to reply only to discover he wasn't finished coughing. Finally when the fit subsided he tried again with more success.

"I'm ok. I'm not done being yet." He said then felt the familiar burning in his chest that warned him of another fit. He sat up and allowed the fit to come. They were becoming less painful now and breathing more natural once more.

"Are you okay?" He said ignoring her concern for his wound. He was conscious of the bandaging and was grateful. The pain was tolerable...barely but it meant he was alive and would continue to be. Unless of course he made more errors in combat like he had just made.

"Is the ogre dead?" He asked looking around but seeing no sign of the creature. Why couldn't it have just left when he asked it too?

Oru
Member Avatar
Sol
[ *  *  * ]
Ciaris breathed a calming sigh when the stranger began to speak. She gave him a watery smile - fitting - and nodded half-heartedly at his concern. "Oh I'm fine, Thank you." She tried to be reassuring, but she could feel the weightless quality of her voice, and the exhaustion in her limbs.

When asked about the Ogre, her eyes strayed to the water. Most of the gore had been taken away, but she could still pick out a mis-shapen lump pressed against a few of the rocks about the center of the creek. The smell had gone too, which was a blessing. "Yes. The Ogre is dead. You should sit back." She insisted, reaching out to try and push his shoulders back to a laying position.

Yeah, that wasn't going to work. Her hands trembled as she moved them and she could barely get enough pressure to allow him to feel her movement, let alone push him anywhere.

Ciaris retracted her hand and let its cool palm rest on her forehead. "That was close, yeah?" She murmured, more to herself. The house-cat sized firefly vibrated it's wings just past the stranger as if tired of being ignored, but settled down quickly. It merely watched with the curiosity and devotion of a laxidaisical puppy.

Ciaris pulled herself together and cleared her throat daintily. "Who shall I thank for the help, sir?"
Posted Image

Gigantor
Advanced Member
[ *  *  * ]
(laxidaisical...nice!)

Walker didn't think he had the strength to fight her just yet. His muscles were still shaking from the momentary lax of oxygen. The pain from the pummeling he received was beginning to register more fully now too. Judging by the pain he was now feeling now, he'd been hit pretty hard.

The oddly colored lady pushed against him but with about as much force a kitten could muster. She fell back and Walker worried. Perhaps the ogre had made it across after dispatching him and managed to wound the girl.

His muscles responded to his demands and he and tried to move to her side. The ache in his head threw off his balance however and wave upon wave of nausea crashed into his stomach forcing him to remain motionless. The girl started speaking to him. And he realized she had the look of someone exhausted and then he remembered the magic. Controlling the flow of river water must've been physically demanding.

"That was closer than it had any right to be." He said, disappointed in himself for making such an obvious mistake.

"The name given to me at my birth is Walker." He offered in his homeland's traditional manner.

"May I know the name given to you at your birth?" He asked. He tried to focus on her, his vision was blurring and his head felt heavy. He knew he had to stay awake and focused right now. The origins of the woman before him were fascinating and if he could focus on that then he should be alright.

Oru
Member Avatar
Sol
[ *  *  * ]
Ciaris smiled at him in a forgiving manner. It was nice how appologetic he was. He reminded her of so many of her friends. Perhaps that was why she hadn't packed up her things and started moving. That and... maybe she wasn't made to be alone, not truly. Companionship always made her happy, at least feel safer too.

"walker. It is a pleasure to meet you." she offered as he gave her his name. She liked how formal he sounded. Felt like they weren't in the middle of no where... and it felt like she wasn't running away.

She sighed, relaxing momentarily against the fallen stump of a tree she had found herself by. Watching him, she knew he had to be in pain, so she tugged over her satchel and started slowly and laboriously rooting through it. Then after a moment, she realized he had asked her name. Turning pink in the scale-spattered cheeks, she flushed in embarrassment. "Oh. My name... I was given the name Ciaris. It means Gentle Rain." She added, some memoried coming unbidden.

They all used to call her that. Setting her jaw, she finally procured a tiny vial. After inspecting it, she handed it to Walker with trembling hands. "This will keep you alert. Not... not crazy alert, of course, but not sleepy. it may help. So you don't fall asleep. because of your head." she started rambling and shut herself up.

Sighing deeply, she cocked her head to the side at Walker. "Are you native? To this land, I mean?" She too, was trying not to fall asleep. If she did, it wouldn't have any negative consequences, like Walker and a concussion. But she didn't like sleeping around strangers. Strangers made her uneasy.
Posted Image

Gigantor
Advanced Member
[ *  *  * ]
Walker took the slender jar and followed orders, upending the contents into his mouth. It tasted minty but the texture was thick and oily.

"No."
He shook his head and immediately regretted doing so. A wave of nausea hit him but it passed quickly enough. In fact, he was starting to feel a bit better. "I'm not a native here. I'm from the Shade mountains. My journey has brought me here." He explained.

The thought of his home reminded him of his sword. His eyes bulged and he looked around for his blade. "Where is my sword?" He asked frantically. He tried to recall his steps but the ogre attack proved the effort useless.

Oru
Member Avatar
Sol
[ *  *  * ]
Ciaris's eyebrows pulled together in concern over Walker's sudden dismay. Blinking about the place, she looked at the creek in dissapointment. It must be in there. if she could get there, she could...

Ciaris pushed herself to her feet and shambled over to the creek side. "...It must have fallen in. You just... sit there, I'll get it." She smiled faintly. She knew what it was like to lose something important. Far be it for her to tell him to forget about it and move on. If she lost the pendant she wore, or the seashell about her neck, she would be devastated - and she can't even use those to defend herself.

She'd known some men who were very protective of their weapons.

Ciaris sank down next to the creek and thrust both hands into it. In estmere, she cooed to the creek, "...I need that back please, dear waters of Undala, please allow me this one more favor." Reaching out with her magic, she felt for the blade - and with a sigh of relief, she discovered that if she reached out she could grasp the hilt and pull it free.

which is what she did. Hefting the blade, she turned to smile at Walker. "See? No harm done - oh" Her vision fuzzed out for a moment, and she put the back of her hand on her forehead to steady herself. A bit too much today...
Posted Image

Gigantor
Advanced Member
[ *  *  * ]
Walker's relief was visible on his face when Ciaris pulled the sword of the waters. Then she staggered. He was on his feet and awkwardly walking over to her. Managing the distance without falling over, he tried steadying her by holding her arm. Gently he coaxed her hand open to let his sword slip to the ground.

You have done so much already. Now we should rest. He spoke barely above a whisper. Together, each leaning against one another to keep the other from falling. With slow deliberate steps they made it to a large tree and Walker helped Ciaris down first. Then he stared at a large root crawling above ground like a gnarled arm and dropped down onto it.

Ciaris, do you have the energy to tell me of your journey? He asked, trying to keep the spinning under control. The salve was working though and he no longer felt drowsy. He would have to thank her for that as well as saving his life AND finding his sword. The more time he spent with this woman the more she did for him.

Oru
Member Avatar
Sol
[ *  *  * ]
Ciaris was grateful for the support, but the image in her head was too humorous not to giggle, as they both staggered to the tree and sat in exhaustion. She let out a small laughing sigh as she leaned her head back against the old trunk. Casting her eyes to the side, her smile remained in place as Walker spoke. He was smart - shouldn't go to sleep.

She wanted nothing more then to go to sleep, herself, but ... he had asked her a question. "My journey?" she laughed again very softly. "Um... Its a very long story. I can.. well I can tell you some parts I guess?"

Ciaris spoke softly, like the waters of the creek through smooth rocks. She puffed a strand of her blue hair from her face and then turned her head to look at Walker. "I am an Estmere. I am the Shaman of my village." She had a degree of pride in that statement, and the smile glowed slightly from beyond the exhaustion.

She cast her eyes to her hands. "...But it has been a long journey." ...So long. Such a long journey... "And I am so tired...." She bit her bottom lip to stop more embarrassing words from slipping out and then cleared her throat to indicate a topic change. "I didn't know that there was a place named the Shade Mountains. Do you worship him? Shade, I mean?"

She remembered a ritual, so many years ago, when she had been gifted the honor of speaking with him, though briefly. It had renewed her faith in all the Gods.... just as the second time he visited her had shattered it nearly completely.
Posted Image

Gigantor
Advanced Member
[ *  *  * ]
Walker listened intently. Her voice was soothing and now that the risk of falling asleep was gone, he allowed his body to relax against the tree root. The imperfect surface poking into his back kept him alert and prevented him from getting too comfortable.

At the mention of Shade Walker wanted to shake his head but remembered what happened earlier. "If your name for the moon is Shade then yes, that is who I follow."

"The Shade mountains is a small island continent to the north surrounded by massive mountains. I was born under the guardian moon but my path was not to be found in my homeland. At least not yet." He explained then shifted so that he could look at her.

"I have never heard of the Estmere. Please pardon my ignorance, do your people live below the waters?" Learning about the people of this world greatly interested him and this girl embodied so many mysteries.

Oru
Member Avatar
Sol
[ *  *  * ]
Ciaris nodded in comprehension. The Moon? She supposed Shade's realm could encompass the moon... but then again, every instance she had studied or lived there was not light, only the darkness. Pure darkness. She kept the idea to herself. Her eyes drooped only once as he spoke. He had such a mellow, flowing tune to his cadence that was very...

Don't be silly, stay awake just until you know he isn't ... She cut her thoughts off then and then was awakened by the question. She giggled slightly and reflexively looked at the spatterings of light blue scales on her elbows and hands. "Oh, no. I suppose some of us could, but we have a kinship with it, really. It comes naturally to us. Most of us. We do prefer to live near water though."

She smiled. Cocking her head to the side she spoke again, the sleepiness making her far more trusting and open. A weakness of hers, quite frankly. She always found herself trusting the wrong people... or people that were too right....

"So you were born a protector? That is a very noble cause. I knew some protectors, all of them very noble. Very brave." Her smile started to fade at the next flood of memories.

She remembered that she held onto his hand for as long as she could, for as long as the ritual allowed. And then her world went dark, and all she could feel was the strength of his hand, and then, as if in slow motion, he let her go. No matter how hard or far Ciaris reached for it, she could not find his hand again. He was gone, because he was a protector, and he gave everything for-

"So you seek your path? I am too." She switched topics - barely - and her smile began to return as she cast away those memories.
Edited by Oru, Feb 9 2012, 07:15 PM.
Posted Image

Gigantor
Advanced Member
[ *  *  * ]
"Ah." Walker chuckled. "You're connected to the waters as my people are kin with shadows." He frowned briefly, remembering the last people he told of his connection with shadows and how quickly they became hostile to him. It was too late to take the words back but perhaps he could make this one understand.

"Please don't think me evil. The shadows and the moon are our world. We are not denizens of the deep. We've simply made life where others are afraid to look." He explained then quickly focused on her comment about guardians. He nodded very gently and smiled.

"To be born under the guardian moon and then chosen as a guardian is a great honor for the individual and their family." He explained.

"My path currently is to be. Simply being. Until I find another who needs my skills."

He wanted to ask her something but pain flared in his head. It took a moment to recover his senses. By then he'd forgotten what was on his mind except his sword.

"I will return." He said forcing himself up and struggling to walk across the pebbles to retrieve his sword. Suddenly he needed it nearby.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · Advanced RP · Next Topic »
Add Reply
  • Pages:

Skin Created by Xarina of Rapture & G-force. Best viewed in firefox.