Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to Painted Faces. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Alexis Turner's Journal; From Redshire
Topic Started: Feb 26 2012, 03:59 AM (305 Views)
Tallis
Member Avatar
Advanced Member
[ *  *  * ]
He's in my nightmares every night. He steps into my mind whenever it pleases him, and it pleases him when I'm most vulnerable.

There's a pipe in the wall next to my room, and it makes a noise like a sink that's been left on. I fall asleep most nights with my ear pressed against the wall, letting my world bleed out into emptiness except for that sound. I barely slept for a week when I first came to Redshire because every time I close my eyes, I see him. When I look in the mirror I see myself, and I don't seem any different than normal, but he's inside me. Doctor Greene keeps saying time is the best medicine. He says the emptiness I feel will be filled up, and he's right, but it's being filled up with him. I'm still wearing my own skin but underneath I'm diseased, a walking corpse being eaten by the infection who calls himself Paulo Moretti.

Paulo Moretti.
Paulo Moretti.
Paulo Moretti.
Paulo Moretti.
Paulo Moretti.
Paulo Moretti.
Paulo Moretti.

I can write his name now. It's really easy. Paulo Moretti. I remember he wrote it once and dotted the i with a heart like Paulo Morett
i. I think I'll even be able to say it out loud soon.

Paulo Moretti.
Paulo Moretti.
Paulo Moretti.

I remember the first time I met Paulo Moretti. He showed up at our house and walked in the door uninvited. Dad was upset at first but treated him like a regular guest. Paulo has a handsome face, and he wore a leather jacket that day. I immediately had a crush on him.

I threw up but I'm okay now.

Paulo always acted nice to me. My family was always making new friends, and they would shuffle out of our lives in a few weeks, so I was determined to make the most of my time with Paulo Moretti.

Paulo Moretti.
Paulo Moretti.

Paulo Moretti drove a red Ferrari. It was the nicest car I had ever seen. He picked me up from school a few times and we got gellato. The vendors all knew him and gave it to him for free. He even got into movie theaters for free and he took me to see R-rated ones that Dad wouldn't let me. He even let me drive his Ferrari once and even though I couldn't drive he kept telling me was "doing beautifully". Every time he got something for free for me, he would go on and on about how beautiful I was and how much I deserved it. I had been called cute and pretty plenty of times, but only Paulo Moretti called me beautiful.

The times he took me home late, Dad was always polite and thanked him for being so considerate. Once he left, though, Dad got really angry and told me to stay away from him - never let him take me anywhere. I told him over and over that he didn't understand anything. This happened a few times, always almost exactly the same way.

Paulo Moretti was the only thing my dad and I ever fought about.

When Paulo Moretti did what he did to my family, and to me, I remember I kept absurdly thinking that Paulo would find me and save us. When I saw the real Paulo Moretti for the first time, I was convinced that the fake one would break through the door in shining armor and stop the imposter.

It's not something that confuses me anymore. I understand him better every day as the infection he gave me slowly fills the gap where my soul used to be. Doctor Greene was only half-wrong when he said that the nightmares will get better with time. The nightmares will always be as bad as they are, but eventually I can be as bad as they are. After all, Paulo Moretti doesn't have nightmares.

Not yet.
Edited by Tallis, Apr 28 2012, 05:58 PM.
Posted Image
Powers are for the weak. I have no powers.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Tallis
Member Avatar
Advanced Member
[ *  *  * ]
Posted Image

((I noticed everybody else was putting up pictures for their characters))
Edited by Tallis, Apr 29 2012, 07:47 PM.
Posted Image

Tallis
Member Avatar
Advanced Member
[ *  *  * ]
Posted Image
Edited by Tallis, Mar 9 2012, 12:17 AM.
Posted Image

Tallis
Member Avatar
Advanced Member
[ *  *  * ]
Posted Image
Posted Image

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · Character Profiles · Next Topic »
Add Reply

Skin Created by Xarina of Rapture & G-force. Best viewed in firefox.