Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to Painted Faces. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Locked Topic
  • Pages:
Chainless; Chainless Vampires, Descendants of Alena!
Topic Started: Jun 7 2016, 05:20 PM (436 Views)
Deleted User
Deleted User

A brief history!

The setting begins outside of the city of Lorien, the home city of the Vampire Slayers.
The main characters, who we all are, are various descendents of Alena, the first Chainless Vampire.
Vampires in this world are all Chained to their masters. This means that when their Master uses their true name, they are completely unable to go against their Master's commands. These normal vampires, who are all male, are called the Chained.

Alena, through coming into contact with the blood of Nathra, the Vampire Mother, became the first female vampire, besides the Mother of course, and she became the first Chainless vampire. She and Nathra, who's spirit resides within her, theorized that they had a shared ancestor, and this shared ancestry allowed them to be Chainless.

The main characters in this thread are all descendants of Alena. They can be male or female, and all are Chainless!
Goto Top

Deleted User
Deleted User

Raena, or Rae as she was known to her family, crouched on the branch and looked out at Lorien. The home of the Slayers.

Their grandmother, Alena, had told them about this place. The stories had made Rae hate the Slayers. They had killed her uncle Kole, just for being a vampire.

A gust of wind blew through the trees, knocking Rae's bangs into her face. She tucked them back behind her ear, the rest of her dark black hair was in a high ponytail that fell to her tailbone.
She lifted her face to the wind, taking in a deep breath through her nose. They were downwind of the city wall.
She looked to her sister below her, her cat like gold eyes shining in the night, and her pupils narrowing to slits.

"Do you smell that? Their guards are on alert for us. Somebody must have informed them of our mission. We've got a traitor back home." Rae said.

Her snow white skin gleamed in the moonlight, until she called the shadows around her.
Goto Top

Oru
Member Avatar
Sol
[ *  *  * ]
Irena was on the ground, crouched a few feet ahead behind some brambles. She too took a deep breath. She smelled fear, leather armor, oiled steel.

She had golden eyes, like her sister, but her hair was a rich, dark auburn, cut short to her shoulders. She wore soft black leathers, excellent for skulking around, and pair of thin fingerless gloves up to the elbow.

"Oh I smell it. I bet you ten silver it was Wren, that slimy, conniving...." She growled.

She was infamous for her wretched temper. She silenced herself as she glanced back and up towards her sister. Rae was the brains of the operation, and Iri thought that worked out just fine. "...What do you want to do?"
Posted Image
Shout out to all those players I miss, and the new friends I make.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Deleted User
Deleted User

Rae adjusted her own fingerless gloves, her outfit very similar to Irena's. The main difference was Rae's cloak which was made of sleek black leather lined in dark red dyed wolf fur. Her longsword, which had been their mother's, was belted to her hip.

Her own scent, so much like the scent of pine and rain, washed over her as the wind changed direction.

"We have to fetch the Relic that the Slayers stole. It's the Vial that contained the Blood of Nathra that had Turned Grandmother. I suggest we use the sewer gate that she told us about." Rae paused. "I will discuss this issue of possible betrayal with Wren when we return to the Keep." She said.

Rae, as the oldest of the six siblings, was deemed their 'Commander' since the six of them were a type of squad. It was her duty to watch over them and reprimand them if need be. She was also responsible for everything they did.

Rae, thankfully, was known for her level head but also for her ferocity.
Goto Top

Oru
Member Avatar
Sol
[ *  *  * ]
Irina scowled in agreement of her observations, and nodded. She smiled to herself - she loved skulking about, sneaking to and fro - and mortal humans were so gullible.

She moved up ahead, scouting briefly the border in the direction of the sewer grate. When she saw that it was unguarded, save for some humans high up on the wall, she returned to Rae. "The grate is scantily guarded, and I can make short work of any lock." She snickered.

As much as she liked telling the lower levels what to do, she was perfectly content being under her sister's instruction. She wasn't stupid - but she was impulsive, rash, and rageful.
Posted Image
Offline Profile Goto Top

Deleted User
Deleted User

Rae pulled the shadows around her and her sister.

"If we move slowly with the clouds, we will appear as nothing more than their shadow even for the most watchful eyes. While you pick the lock, if there is one, I'll watch above." Rae said.

She pulled her hood up.

"When we get inside, we need to work quickly but quietly." She added.
Goto Top

Oru
Member Avatar
Sol
[ *  *  * ]
Irina smiled, and waited until she felt the cool embrace of her sister's shadows. Sometimes she envied this skill - for someone who liked to skulk around as much as Iri did, it would have been a useful trick! But no, as fate would have it, Irina was merely very strong and very fast. At least, those were her proudest skills.

She nodded at her sister's words, and together they closed in through the brush towards the sewer grate. They had to pause for a moment as the clouds shifted and the moon beamed down, but once the clouds were back in place, Irina and her sister bolted forward, adn Irina immediately went to checking for a lock.

Look at that - there WAS a lock. Clever little slayers.

She took out a small, rolled canvas that was tied tot he small of her back. Untying it and fwipping it open, it revealed several slender lock-picking tools, which she put to use right away.

((PS - double parenthesis is Out of Character speech. Also, on the home page at the bottom is a little chat box, feel free to post there to alert me to your updates if you want. :) And now - go! lol))
Posted Image
Offline Profile Goto Top

Deleted User
Deleted User

Rae waited for her skilled sister to pick the lock. That was something she had never been very good at.

She watched the wall above them, and when one of the guards above seemed to look in their direction, she deepened the shadows to hide them from sight. It took longer than was comfortable for her for that guard to look away.

When Iri finished with the lock, they darted in and closed the grate behind them.

Using sign language, Rae signaled Iri that they were heading straight for a ways, and had to turn right, then left to come to the next long passageway.

They walked, as silent as the shadows themselves even in the echoey sewers.

"A benefit that we don't have to breathe if we don't wish. I have a strange feeling about this." Rae said telepathically to Iri.

Telepathy was a skill all of the vampires possessed, but without a lot of practice with it, it could cause headaches.
Goto Top

Oru
Member Avatar
Sol
[ *  *  * ]
Irina crept along once the door was secured behind them. it was dark - just how she liked it. There was a thin, narrow little river at the center of the tunnels where waste would be flushed from the city cisterns. Luckily, it must have been recent, because it smelled a lot better then it could have smelled in there.

She glanced over at Rae and responded telepathically, "I don't like it either. If Wren betrayed us, he knew about this tunnel too... wouldn't it be better protected?"
Posted Image
Offline Profile Goto Top

Deleted User
Deleted User

"That's my thought exactly. The smell isn't horrible in here but it masks a lot." Rae thought to her.

A pebble skittered across the ground somewhere ahead of them. Rae drew a dagger as silently as she could.

Something was moving around ahead of them, but it was around the corner. They couldn't see what it was.

"That sounds like footsteps. Someone, or multiple someones, are trying to move quietly" Rae thought, lowering into a crouch with a feral look on her face.
Goto Top

Oru
Member Avatar
Sol
[ *  *  * ]
Irina nodded, face sobering instantly. She unsheathed her own set of punching daggers and crept forward slowly, keeping as much out of the water as she could. She strained her ears and heard it to.

She thought back to her sister, "...My guess is four. Smell of human, mortal blood... All armed." She turned to give her sister a quizzical look. "...Odd place for an ambush, isn't it?" She thought.
Posted Image
Offline Profile Goto Top

Deleted User
Deleted User

"Indeed it is...." She thought to Iri.

Rae was silent for a moment, listening to the water and the faint shuffling ahead of them. A smile sprung across Rae's face, baring her fangs.

"I think they forget that we are strongest in the dark. Shall we remind them, Sister?" Rae thought.

Goto Top

Oru
Member Avatar
Sol
[ *  *  * ]
Irina grinned a feral grin at her sister, and nodded silently. She adjusted her grasp on the punching daggers and began to creep even further down the tunnel.

When she got to the corner of the passage, she cast one more glance at Rae and then winked. She threw herself around the corner to face the strangers - Sure enough, four guards, with weapons drawn turned to look in her direction - but she was fast. She was proud of how fast she was!

She dove between the two in the front and went immediately for the ones in the back. She slammed her punching dagger into the throat of the third man to cut off any sound of alarm. Blood quickly began to pour down the blade. She yanked it out and turned onto the fourth one with a grin.
Posted Image
Offline Profile Goto Top

Deleted User
Deleted User

Rae walked up to the corner of the passageway, as calm and fluid as a a shadow cat. She knew Iri would have it taken care of. She could hear the sounds of the bodies dropping to the ground.

"Well done as always Sister." Rae said out loud.

She sniffed the air, the tang of blood fluttering in her nose like a lovely flower or sweet wine. Another scent was in the air.

"One of them is hiding. I believe he's a reserve." Rae said.

As she said so, a man burst out of hiding and took off at a run. Rae stepped through the shadows and appeared in front of him, grabbing him by the throat, effectively cutting off his air flow so he couldn't scream.

"Iri dear, would you mind dominating him so he can answer a few things for us? You're much better at that than I." Rae said with a smile.

Irina was very good at manipulating the minds of others. Where Rae was at home in the shadows, Iri was at home breaking into the minds of mortals.
Goto Top

Oru
Member Avatar
Sol
[ *  *  * ]
Iri took a quick lick of one of her blades, and made a face. Soldiers. Blech.

She cleaned them quickly as Rae caught the last one and then sped to her sister's side with a smile. She inclined her head, also switching to her out-loud voice. "Of course." She murmured.

She caught the soldier with her eyes and held his gaze. She moved outward with her mind, brushing against the fear that was fresh all over him. Then she pushed harder, and she was within his thoughts. When she felt her mind close over his like a fist, and his expression softened and grew complacent, she said, "You will answer our questions. And then you will go to sleep and forget you ever saw us."

She nodded, holding the man's gaze to let Rae know that she was ready.
Posted Image
Offline Profile Goto Top

Deleted User
Deleted User

Rae smiled proudly. Iri had control over him before Rae had even blnked.

She had only a couple questions lined up for this man. Judging by his armor, which was only soft leather so it was quieter down here, he was a member of the Slayers.

Which made Iri'so feat of dominating him so quickly that much more impressive. They're trained to have strong minds.

"I only have a couple questions for him. First being, where do the Slayers keep the Relic? How did they know we would be here? And what else is in store for us up ahead?" Rae said quickly.

The mind controlled man looked at her with glazed over eyes. His expression was so pleasant.

"The Relic is in the Lord Slayer Gabriel's room. One of your own told us you would be here, in exchange for not killing him. There is a full squadron waiting at the end of the sewers, and the entire Slayers force is on guard in the Keep." The Slayer said.

"What did the vampire look like?" Rae asked, because she could see on Iri'so face that she wanted to know.

"The vampire had black hair and gold eyes like the two of you do. He was very tall and thin and he was even paler than the two of you." The Slayer said.

Rae growled softly.

"That does indeed sound like Wren. We need a change of plans Iri. If we continue on this path, it will be suicide. I'm shocked that old bastard Gabriel is still in charge. He was in charge when Grandmother was still human and she was a Slayer. He's got to be close to ninety years old or more by now." Rae said. "I think we should take an aboveground route. If they're expecting us down here, they won't be as on guard about up above. With our cloaks, we should be able to blend in to any humans that are awake up there."
Goto Top

Oru
Member Avatar
Sol
[ *  *  * ]
Iri listened, brow furrowed in concern. She ran a few scenarios in her head, but none of them seemed to pan out for them. Of course, then Rae had a plan. She sighed in relief at her sister's quick thinking.

Irina too, was surprised that Gabriel was still alive. He;d caused so much trouble for her people over these long years, it was a wonder his heart didn't just give out. He had to be a relic himself at this point.

The thought made Iri snicker.

At Rae's suggestion, iri laid the human down, mumbling that he should sleep now, and then pulled her cloak down from around her shoulders and yanked the hood up over her hair. She nodded at ehr sister and glanced around. "...Well if the majority of guards are that way - I suppose we should find a way up over that way." She grinned.

"Dangerous or not, this is getting more fun by the minute." She returned to speaking in Rae's mind for now, in case there were more listening ears ahead.

Another thought bounced into Iri's head and she asked her sister telepathically: "Sisiter... remember the rumors about the slayers taking vampire captives? for torture? Can we... keep an eye out for them? I don't feel right leaving them behind if they are here....."
Posted Image
Offline Profile Goto Top

Deleted User
Deleted User

Rae pulled her hood up as her sister did, and looked around them for a sewer grate of any kind while IrI spoke.

Telepathically, Rae said, "I remember those rumors. I have a plan." A wicked smile spread over her face and she turned to face her sister.

"To the west about forty-seven paces, there's a sewer grate we can squeeze through. We can walk the streets, acting like normal people. Between the two of us, I think we can muster enough illusion magic to make at least our faces look more human in case anyone sees our faces under the hood. Let them think we're courtesans on our way to our next client." Rae thought with a shrug. "We'll enter the Keep from one of the windows or servants entrances, and we'll quietly make our way to their dungeons to check for any of our kind. If we find any vampires down there, we'll check and see if they're Chainless Rogues like us, and if they are, we'll free them. If they're Chained, which means they're probably Valgh's, we'll put them out of ours and their misery. Grandmother will be pleased if we kill one of the Vampire Lord's spawn. Once we're finished there, we'll make our way to the Lord Slayer's quarters and retrieve the Relic." Rae thought quickly.
Goto Top

Oru
Member Avatar
Sol
[ *  *  * ]
Irina nodded and she led the way down the darkened sewers to where Rae had indicated the grate was located. Sure enough, her sister was spot on, and Irina climbed up the ladder. She pulled a length of iron from her boot that worked as a short crowbar, and she wedged it in the seam of the grate and the stone. Levering as quietly as possible, Irina peered past the grate and tried to sense the surroundings. She could smell distant life.

SHe slowly worked the grate up, using her strength to keep it steady and slide out, holding it up so Rae could emerge behind her. She took a breath of the air - they were in a side ally. There was a distinct odor of garbage and refuse, and nearby there might be some crowded dwellings.

When Rae was clear, Iri slowly lowered the grate and put the tiny crowbar back in her boot. "Lead the way, sister" Iri said telepathically.
Posted Image
Offline Profile Goto Top

Deleted User
Deleted User

Rae smiled and walked out of the alley. They took a small detour around to the wealthier disctricts, since their clothes were distinctly well made, and then they strolled leisurely through the street. There were other people roaming about, some drunk and some not.

Two drunk men came sauntering up to the two of them.

"Hey there ladies, wanna go get some drinks?" One man slurred.

"No thank you." Rae said coldly, brushing past them.

She could sense one of them try to reach for her, she used her speed to move Just out of the way, fast enough that he couldn't see her move. To his inebriated mind, he just simply missed her.

She heard them grunt in dismissal, but they continued on their way.

"This city is detestable." Rae grumbled.

She pointed at a mansion with an old man sitting outside and a few children sitting around him listening to stories.

"That's Grandma's house where she grew up in. That old man? That's her brother, our great uncle, Rowan. Those children are technically our cousins. Ugly old place isn't it? Their mother didn't have much of a taste for style, and Uncle Rowan never cared much for change." She said softly.

A few Slayers walked passed them up to Rowan. He saw them before the children did, and he sent the children away.

"Hmmm..." Rae hummed.
Goto Top

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · Advanced RP · Next Topic »
Locked Topic
  • Pages:

Skin Created by Xarina of Rapture & G-force. Best viewed in firefox.