Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to Painted Faces. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Locked Topic
  • Pages:
Chainless; Chainless Vampires, Descendants of Alena!
Topic Started: Jun 7 2016, 05:20 PM (432 Views)
Deleted User
Deleted User

Rae nodded, considering his words and then started walking further into the city, making sure to make her gait less supernaturally steady. Vampires didn't stumble. Or miss a step.

She made sure to awkwardly step around a puddle, or other such silly things. Instead of just, you know, walking over the water without sinking into it.

She led them towards a nearby shop. Judging by the sign, they sold some sort of clothing or other apparel. She didn't particularly care, but they looked like there were rooms or something of technology sort upstairs.

Walking in, the shopkeep smiled brightly at them. It was a portly, middle aged man who ran this shop. Two younger women, who looked and smelled like his kin - perhaps daughters? - were milling about, tending things or sewing.

"Welcome! We're going to be closing up shop soon, but we can gladly assist you." He said.

Rae took down her hood, and smiled at him without showing her teeth. In the poor lighting, she merely looked fair skinned, not the pale snow of undeath.

"Hello. My siblings and I were looking for a place to stay. We just moved to the city, and we noticed you have some space above you shop. Is it for rent?" She said, looking sweet and demure.

The man's smile grew even bigger.

"Oh of course! We've been looking to fill that space for some time. It's quite a good size too, and at a fair price." He said.

"That's wonderful. How mu have would it be? We're on a bit of a budget. We have to be careful with our money until we find work." She said kindly.

He nodded in understanding and said "It'll be two silvers a week. I don't provide food or firewood or any of the like, but if you need cloth for better curtains or black kets, I can help with that." He said.

Rae made a show of looking in their coin purse, which didn't even hold a fraction of their wealth. The rest was in a padded box in her bag, and the other two carried some as well, so the coins couldn't be heard.

"I think we can afford that. What do you two think?" She said, turning to them.
Goto Top

Oru
Member Avatar
Sol
[ *  *  * ]
Juris nodded, smiling graciously at the store keeper and those others in the room. This would do nicely - good central location, quiet, unassuming land lords, and a smallish place, out of the way. Definitely a good catch.

Irina seemed less then thrilled about having to 'slum it' but she nodded grudgingly as she passed her eyes over the shop, out the window, over the people, etc...

As soon as they got upstairs, Irina would sit on the floor and look pointedly at Rae for their next queue. "Now what?

Juris suggested, "Gather information?"

Irina rolled her eyes at him. "We already know what we NEED to know, that would be a waste of time. I say we scope out the place."

They both looked to their leader for her opinion.
Posted Image
Shout out to all those players I miss, and the new friends I make.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Deleted User
Deleted User

Rae sat on the floor across from Irina and pondered it for a moment. She didn't want to rush into anything.

"I think we should lay low for about a day, under the pretense of recovering from our journey. Then, once we've 'rested', we'll scout about and look around.
I would rather we didn't split up, but I think it would be a better idea so we can cover more ground. We need information on how many Slayers are garrisoned in this city, what patrol schedules.
I also want us to gather information on the times of day when the guard change happens, and the state of morale within their ranks. Also, the state of their equipment.
Hopefully, the Lord Slayer will be as lax in his upkeep with them as he is with the lower class part of his city.
Basically, we're going to gather as much information on this city as we can before we make Any moves."
She said.

Then she turned to Juris.

"I know of basically all of Iri's skills thanks to the two of us growing up side by side. I do not know yours. Where do you feel you would be most useful?"
Goto Top

Oru
Member Avatar
Sol
[ *  *  * ]
Juris smiled when Rae spoke and then when he was addressed, he shrugged, trying to look NOT smug. "My skills include lock picking, sneaking about, listening in on conversations, and coaxing conversation from others. I think I would be best served visiting local watering holes and seeing what I can find out through the locals."

Irina quirked an eyebrow at him - half wondering how that would be useful at all. She shrugged. "I can cover what you and he can't after our 'rest' day. Then we can meet back up here at dawn the following, rest, and then share what we've learned?"
Posted Image
Shout out to all those players I miss, and the new friends I make.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Deleted User
Deleted User

Rae let a small, smug smile form on her lips.

"You do that then Juris. Make friends with the locals. See what the citizens know and learn how they feel about their liege." Rae said to him.

"Iri, I want you to get in with the guardsmen and learn about them. Soldiers like you, and you'll be perfect for impressing them. Try not to draw too much attention to yourself though. It'll be very dangerous in there, especially when you're around the Slayers. Use a bit of Illusion magic and disguise yourself like Grandfather did when he fell in love with Grandmother. He pretended to be human when he got to know her." Rae said.

Then she smiled, and it looked a tad dark.

"I'm going to check out the Slayer's Keep. Maybe a few of the servants there will... give me a job." She said.
Goto Top

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · Advanced RP · Next Topic »
Locked Topic
  • Pages:

Skin Created by Xarina of Rapture & G-force. Best viewed in firefox.