Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to Painted Faces. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Locked Topic
  • Pages:
Pirates and Mermaids; Time to say "Argh!" or swim joyfully through the ocean!
Topic Started: Jun 17 2016, 07:30 PM (1,178 Views)
Mikael
Member Avatar
Advanced Member
[ *  *  * ]
James nodded
"Aye, that'll be 'nuff... I can manage him to 'is quarters an' git him ta bed."
James nodded to the assistance and lugged the captain off to the aft.

~

Erics had rallied the boys well enough and there where several that were still able bodied. The started tying things and pulling things all the way that sailors do. While the injured where brought down below to their bunks.

~
Mikael, Druid of Yggdrasil and Gaea
Offline Profile Goto Top

Deleted User
Deleted User

Delaeri made her way through the injured sailors, grateful for Myrari's support. The song and now healing so many who were so injured was really tiring her out. When she finished with the gravely injured sailors, which didn't take long, she made her way back out to the deck for some air. She still had a few tears in her palm, and she was going to find Maya and Captain Haversham.

She had seen that they were both injured, but both seemed too prideful to ask for help. She found Maya leaning against a wall, watching the child that Delaeri had fished out of the water, with a furrowed brow. Her bleeding palms were tucked under her arms.

"I can help you." Delaeri said tiredly.

Maya, who was a bit pale, didn't say a word. She just held her bleeding hands out and let Delaeri see to her. When she was done, Delaeri went to go find Captain Haversham.

--------------

Maya let Delaeri do her thing. Then the Siren walked off, mumbling about finding Maya's Captain.

The young pirate then turned to look at TiChaka. The Sharkskin was probably Maya's favorite of the Mer, her fierceness was admirable and so was her intelligence.

And the look on TiChaka's face further made Maya like her even more. The Sharkskin Princess was looking at the young child she had spotted in the ocean with a look that spoke volumes of how weirded out she was.

Maya stuffed her newly healed hands in her pockets - They felt... weird. Too new. She could feel that the calluses that had been on her hands where the ropes had damaged the skin, we're now gone. Delaeri's tears were.... insanely powerful.

Delaeri was the type of Siren that Pirates would sell their soul for. Her Tears are strong enough to be the ones needed for the Immortality Ritual.

"Help the Siren find our Captain, and send someone to check on Captain Tulouse and Princess Aris. I want to make sure they're all okay." Maya said to the closest members of the pirate crew. They leapt to obey.

Maya walked over to where TiChaka was standing near the child.

"What is your name girl?" She asked, not standing on ceremony. She was too tired to even make her voice sound pleasant, it was just kind of flat.

The child flinched slightly at her tone. She wouldn't stop looking at whichever Mer was closest. At Myrari with absolute terror, at Delaeri with starstruck eyes and at TiChaka with awe.

"My name is Lily." She said softly.
Goto Top

Kibble
Member Avatar
Advanced Member
[ *  *  * ]
Yes, TiChakah was truely beginning to like Maya. When James had left with the captain and the other Mer left to take care of business, she found herself still in the unenviable position of being the one who would probably be taking care of the child. She was used to such a task- all women of her tribe did. She often went on adventures with them and dug their behinds out of trouble when they bit off more than their little human mouths could chew- metaphorically and even sometimes figuratively.
But this child struck her as odd and she didn't quite know what to make of her. Then Maya came over and asked her name. Of course. A wonderful place to start.
"I am TiChakah. She is Maya."she nodded to the red head. "How did you come to be in the water so close to the ship? I did not see any other ships before the storm." she kept her tone calm and curious, desiring answers.
Honestly she hadn't seen another ship. There had been nothing but open sea. That didn't mean there hadn't been one close enough to send Lily their way in such a storm, but wouldn't there be others? Perhaps she should get information so that a search party might be sent out or something. Looking for survivors. Not to mention the Wind Whisper may have been thrown off course.
It was strange and confusing, the very fact Lily was present. But she would try to find out what she could before Dalaeri or Captain Tulouse would take control of her welfare rather than simply leaving a strange child alone on the ship. And she should probably find her clothes. And food. And a bed. Who took care of those things on a ship?
Edited by Kibble, Oct 23 2016, 10:33 PM.
"Roll for cow." <3
Offline Profile Goto Top

Mikael
Member Avatar
Advanced Member
[ *  *  * ]
James set the captain on the cot in the captain's quarters. He nodded and tucked the captain in. He left after making sure there was water at hand. James was furious, this was all the fault of those damn fish-wives. It was never a good idea to bring a woman aboard, but a whole damn school of 'em? It was only time that their womanliness was more then even their luck could bare. He started to plot on how to get them away from the ship and the princess, in a way that would be natural, he wasn't a bad man. He just did like these folk on a ship they had no business on.

~

Erics called over the dyeing winds that they were winning and the storm was on it's way out. They responded well to this encouragement. Erics had to hand it to the siren and the others, if they had not been aboard... that storm would have been their last. He WAS aware that man only visits the ocean, it is these cousins that had the waters. No prayer from any land-man or awaiting-sailor wife would ever temper the foaming waves of a proper storm. But these girls probably played in storms like these when they were still wee. Aye, they'd all be goners if it weren't for those lass's, he knew they could have dove into the water and been fine but they stayed AND they helped his men. He actually considered going and saying "thank you".

~

Tulouse's dream was of darkness, swirling eddies in an abyss. In utter nothingness.
Mikael, Druid of Yggdrasil and Gaea
Offline Profile Goto Top

Oru
Member Avatar
Sol
[ *  *  * ]
Myrari prowled the deck, to and fro always returning to Dalaeri's shadow as if checking up on her. When they began to talk to the little girl, she lurked towering behind Dalaeri. She didn't particularly care that this human-child was giving her a frightened look. It wasn't the princess (who was important) and it wasn't a mer child. So...

Myrari glanced at the expressions on the others' faces. WHen her eyes came to rest on the Oceana she sighed. Another orphan to be taken under her Lady's fin. Of course. Myrari stepped back a bit and kept herself out of the way of the other sailors as they adjusted to the slowing storm. Injured were brought down below and the lessening rain took care of the blood on deck.

She cast her eyes about the sky. Yes. It would slow. She could no longer sense the weather.

((Hey, still waiting for the info on the evil/Mer queen!))
Posted Image
Shout out to all those players I miss, and the new friends I make.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Oru
Member Avatar
Sol
[ *  *  * ]
Calypso's eyes shot open. Her mouth halted in her wail of despair and she straightened on her underwater throne of rich pearl and coral. Her limbs shook with what at first was grief. She had heard her daughter's cry in the winds above the sea - she had heard the cry of Dalaeri!

But why? Why, why would her beloved daughter cry out against her? Against freedom? The shelld and ornaments of her lavish raiments clinked gracefully as she let the waters of the deep lift her, suspended in her antechamber. The room was empty but for her.

Her fists clenched. The grief slowly and surely turned to rage. She felt her eyes darken as if a shark's, the spines that usually hung gracefully along her slender limbs and spine like gossamer stiffened and raised like the spines of a lionfish. Her hair floated about her, giving her the ethereal appearance of a sea-ghost. The crackles of electric-eel power laced down the spines and to her clenched fists, black nails biting into her palms.

Those Humans are to blame. Those humans who took her. Those land-walking invaders. Those wanton, selfish, consuming creatures have bewitched my daughter....

"MARINOS! MY SPEAR!" Her voice boomed through the underwater channels. The servants scattered, and her husband, as if knowing his wife's tempestuous nature came in with the spear, a knowing look in his eyes. He looked up at his wife floating in the sea-space.

"Calypso, my love... are you certain?"

Calipso flicked her tail and swam to her husband's side. She reached out with trembling hands and took the spear. Marinos did not let go, but caught her eyes. He reached up and touched his wife's face. Calypso, without smiling leaned into his hand for a moment before pulling the spear from his hands.

"I have a village to question, dear husband. Remain here, and send me word if our daughter returns."

Marinos nodded. He remained there as Calypso donned her shell armor and a finned helm with a brow that sloped down to a sharpened point just past her nose and wicked flares up and back over her ears. Once donned, with shining quicksilver spear in hand she called upon the speed of the currents, and as they wisked her from the palace and out towards a small village where a pirate vessel had sunk and her daughter had first left the sea.

She had questions. And she would get them however she needed to from whomever she found there.

((Hope that was ok. :) Here's a way for Gigimo to get in on this action ;) ))
Posted Image
Offline Profile Goto Top

Deleted User
Deleted User

Maya looked to the Sharkskin Princess. TiChaka seemed... distrusting of the child. If Maya was to believe anyone's judge of character. It was hers. The woman had sensed the storm coming, before it even manifested. She could clearly tell when things were amiss.

"What do we do with her, TiChaka?" Maya asked.

The child started to cry instead of answering TiChaka, and Maya wasn't sure what to do. She wasn't good with children, and this one was odd. She made Maya's gut clench and the hair on her arms and the back of her neck to stand on edge.

She looked at the palms of her hands, where only a faint pale line remained from the wound.

Had they been wrong to rescue this child....? Did that make her awful for thinking that?

Maybe she Was meant to be a pirate...

-----------

Delaeri found Haversham assisting in patching up what they could. Before he could comment on her paleness, from sheer exhaustion, and before he could protest, she healed his gruesome woumd. How he had been moving, she had no idea, let alone pulling rigging and other such things.

Without another word, and odd thing for a Siren. To be so quiet. She walked to the edge of the ship, barely conscious of Myrari following her.

She looked at her guard and friend, she hoped, with tired eyes. Her glow was pulsing like a calm, sleepy ocean wave against the shore.

"I need the sea, my friend. I can rest better there. If someone needs me, or if the Captain awakes, can you come get me?" She asked.
Goto Top

Kibble
Member Avatar
Advanced Member
[ *  *  * ]
.... TiChakah stared at Lily. She was crying. But the sharkskin hadn't even begun questioning her at all- how had she come to be in the ocean, was that a difficult or scary question? She'd been calm and friendly! "Apparently you've had too trying of a day. Understandable. We'll sort this out after we get you to a room and some food." she turned to look up at Maya and gave her a universal 'what did I do?' look. "Let's get you warm at least. I think we should head below deck and find a blanket." TiChakah shrugged as she stood up, Lily securely but gently in her arms. "Care to join us or stay on deck Maya?" she looked around for Delaeri, concerned for the little Oceana. She had done more than all of them combined today and had already collapsed once. She had been uncharacteristically quiet as well and TiChakah had to admit she was more than slightly worried for her. She would need rest as well.
It was difficult at times to remember that not all Mer were built as hardy as she or Myrari, sharkskin and tempest. She actually spotted Myrari first, being the taller of the two. Delaeri's distinctive blue hair was right beside her at the side of the ship, but then the little one dove into the waves. Alarmed, she looked to Maya. "Sorry, I just need to tell Myrari where we'll be before we go. Will that be alright?" TiChakah pointed to the tepemest barely 30 feet away. She didn't want to drag Maya around after her if the woman had other things to do. Considering TiChakah was concerned about the origins of the girl, she didn't just wanna dump Lily on Maya. For all they knew the girl could be a sea goddess in disguise, a witch, or a human lords daughter. Best to keep her safe and secure until Toulouse could tell her what to do with the child. It was his ship- his rules.
Sanobar and Kesh had almost caught up to the large ship when the music dimmed and faded, then the storm ebbed, slowing their last bit of progress and what had promised to be an epic grand entrance on reacquainting themselves with their Princess. It couldn't be avoided however and they'd simply have to make due with what they had.
Continuing on, they got close enough to make out a few debris in the water- but no sailors. Odd, since a storm of that size would usually knock quite a few overboard. They certainly smelled blood in the water, but the evidence of what put it there was missing.
Then a pretty little phosphorescent Oceana dropped into the water from the ship. The brothers shared a confused look. That most certainly was unexpected. She was swimming weakly, obviously tired. So were they, and starving as well.
"Let's see if she escaped. Maybe the Princess needs rescuing?" Sanobar murmurs. Kesh snorted and smirked.
"Are you talking about our princess? The same one that tried to bite us for sniffing her? Because I'm positive she wouldn't tolerate being a captive." Sanobar had to nod in silent agreement. So the pair made their way to the lagging mer rather than simply jumping onto the ship and climbing their way up to demand their princess back. In synchronized movements the pair split and circled the female. She was rather beautiful and the pair found themselves momentarily overcome by old ingrained instincts, drawing close enough to brush suggestively against her. Sanobar was able to push them off quickler and pulled back before it could be taken for more than a typical sharkskin curiosity nudge. But Kesh..."You seem rather tired my dear, do you need assistance? " he grinned charmingly. Sanobar shot him a warning look and the shorter haired sharkskin sighed, circling a bit wider so he no longer touched her with tail. Both males dwarfed her and grew more concerned the closer they observed. " Have you been hurt, beautiful? Were you injured aboard? " Kesh asked in concern. Just because there were no visible wounds ment nothing with an Oceana. Their tears would hide any damage they had sustained but she was far too exhausted for anything good. The brothers shared a look, darkening thoughts going to the safety of their princess. She was so young, just out on her maiden swim into the deep. Technically an adult now, but it could be a cruel world for one as sheltered as she. Aside from a possible mating, they also had wanted to guard her.
"Have you seen our princess? She should have been aboard as well. Do we need to rescue more Mer? " Sanobar asked gravely. They were falling behind the ship already and the pair caught her arms between them carefully and swam quicker to just keep pace. Petting her and making soft soothing sounds in their chests even as they swam was practically second nature. Females were to be protected, fought over, wooed and courted. The only acceptable violence against them was if they initiated it and she was decidedly not the fighting type. They could only hope that this didn't foreshadow their princess's own state of health.
The blue of her hair was rare and exotic, giving the brothers a nagging feeling like they were missing something. They'd shared a blue haired oceana before, not as pretty as this one, but still memorable. Still, 50 years was a long time to think back and she clearly needed their attention.
Edited by Kibble, Oct 23 2016, 10:30 PM.
"Roll for cow." <3
Offline Profile Goto Top

Mikael
Member Avatar
Advanced Member
[ *  *  * ]
Tulouse felt as if he was just wafting about, with only the sense of motion in the void. There! In the pitch. The hairs on his arms felt motion in the water. Something was in the void with him, in the dark. He felt as though he KNEW it was aware of him. That it stalked him. He reached for his sword to discover it's absence! He was without any adornments! He was awash with fear as he realized how vulnerable he was. (He had yet to notice that we was underwater but needed no air) His limbs ached in tension, his body coiled and prepared for a strike. Again! He felt movement, it felt close. He also felt like he was slowly floating down...

~

James started to worry, the captain was made of stern stuff; he should have been up already. Instead Tulouse twisted the sheets about him sweat drenching the cloth. He murmured and fretted over the captain, occasionally wiping the captains brow.

~

Erics and the other men were finishing up with the rigging, he and the men were BEAT. As tasks finished, the exhausted men collapsed where they where and rested, breaths labored from the intense work.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Oru
Member Avatar
Sol
[ *  *  * ]
Myrari nodded at Dalaeri as she moved over the side of the ship. "I will be down in a moment, go ahead. I will let them know." And she turned away from the side to address the others.

Thankfully, Ti'chaka was approaching - with that girl. She bit back a grimace and said over the dying winds; "Dalaeri is healing in the sea. I am to go watch her. Whatever you need to say can wait, I'm sure she trusts your judgment." She nodded.

She cast her eyes around the deck. The sailors were exhausted and barely awake - in fact, some were slouched against rails and the masts, (the intact masts, anyway) with drooping eyes and soft snores through chattering teeth. She sighed. Hopefully the worst had passed and these men could rest.

Myrari tossed herself over the side and was engulfed by the healing waters of the sea. She allowed herself a moment during the transformation to stretch, glad of being free of those winds. Her tentacles snapped out and she gripped the spear she hadn't released since this all began. She scanned the sea for her blue-haired charge -

And saw her.

Between two shark men. Who had their hands on her. She felt her lip curling up and she propelled herself towards them with spear extended. When she closed the distance she let her tentacles fan out before them, purple-black sinewy muscle twisting about in the deep dark beneath the shadow of the ship.

"You will want to release the Oceana. Or you will not like what I do to you."
Posted Image
Offline Profile Goto Top

Deleted User
Deleted User

Being in the waters made Delaeri start to feel better almost immediately. She was still tired though, dreadfully so. She felt like she could sleep for a week. She wasn't sure even her mother would have felt better if she had done as much as Delaeri had today.

She knew she didn't have the luxury of resting for long though. She needed to check on the Captain soon. She had been the most grievously wounded, and she wanted to make sure her tears were doing their work.

When the two Sharkskin males found her, she was both surprised and not at their presence. TiChaka had mentioned that they might be followed. She was just surprised they had caught up so quickly. They must have rode the storm, just like Delaeri had rode the wave when rescuing Lily.

When they started asking her questions, she couldn't answer right away. She sort of blinked at them through her exhaustion.

When Myrari arrived and snarled at them, it woke her up a bit.

"Thank you for your concern, dear soldiers. We haven't been injured or harmed in anyway. Those on board are friendly to Mer. Your Princess is on board, and as safe as can be. As you can see, we have one of the Tempest Sea-Witches guarding us." Delaeri nodded at Myrari, and gently extracted herself from their grip.

Since they seemed unaware of who she was, she did the proper, polite thing, and introduced herself. Holding herself like her mother always instructed her to, she turned to them with her long, elegant tail gently swishing beneath her.

"I am High Princess Delaeri Oceana. Daughter of High Queen Calypso and High King Marinos. I'm honored to meet you both and I appreciate your assistance in helping me stay with the boat. We..." She paused. "We seem to have encountered some rough waters, and it took Lloyd I had to keep those on board alive." Delaeri said.

She looked at Myrari, and swam a little closer to her trusted guard, to put the Tempest more at ease.

"I imagine you're here for TiChaka, but may I ask your intentions? If they are to cause harm to any of the humans, or Moon Goddess forbid to the Princess herself, I'm afraid I cannot let you by me." Delaeri said, swallowing nervously but holding her head high.

She would be brave, and she would protect her friends with her life if she must.

--------------

Maya didn't move for a moment, something about the girl... it tugged on an old memory. One of her own childhood, of stories told around the fires of her homeland.

She shook it off and then answered TiChaka.

"I have to go report to my Captain. I'll check in on you soon." Then, stepping closer to her and whispering in her ear so only the Mer Princess could hear. "Keep an eye on her okay...? I have an odd feeling in my gut... and I do my best not to ignore my intuition." She said, and then she walked away.

She found Captain Haversham and she nodded to him in greeting.

"Captain, our men are all accounted for and they've been seen to by the Oceana Princess. The Mer are all accounted for as well, but Captain Tulouse has been injured badly... Delaeri healed him but he hasn't emerged yet so I do not know how well it went.... Any orders Captain?" She said.
Goto Top

Kibble
Member Avatar
Advanced Member
[ *  *  * ]
More surprised that a tempest came from above the water than below, the brothers did as she bid and didn't cling to the Oceania. She was beautiful in her ferocity and they eyed her as the little mer moved closer to her protector. It wasn't worth fighting a fresh tempest when they were tired already, especially when she wasnt their end goal. They were more worried for the little one than hung up on keeping her between them, but she was already looking better, her glow increasing in intensity from just a few minutes in the ocean.
Upon hearing her royal introduction their eyebrows raised slightly and they thumped their chests with both fists, over their hearts in traditional sharkskin salute. One princess mer on the ship was noteworthy, two was just ridiculous. By the moon and tides, what was this ship exactly? Where did it go? They were gladdened to hear their princess was on board and unharmed, so they didn't bristle when the siren demanded to know their interest with their Lady.
"If the ship is under High Princess Dalaeri's protection, then of course we won't attack any on board, unless attacked first. To do otherwise would be suicidal, and we're not stupid." Kesh waved nonchalantly to the large vessel above them.
"Princess TiChakah is on her maiden journey into the Deep." Sanobar informed the pair gravely. He didn't know how much they actually knew of their princess. Nor how much they knew of the dangers that sharkskins regularly faced in solitude, for years at a time. The brothers knew how little TiChakah actually understood of the oceans true dangers. "She's a treasure beyond all treasures, the only female of us. Even you cannot claim that, High Princess, though you have far more power." he bowed his head to indicate no insult.
"You have a tempest to watch after you, as has been done for years unnumbered. However who but a sharkskin can understand and properly guard a sharkskin?" Kesh grinned, teeth flashing in the bit of light that reached them. "We go where most fear to tread for fun, after all."
"It will be either us or some of the countless others that come. Some may not care about your warnings, or catch you unaware. Until it's well enough known that our princess has entered adulthood and will now be regularly in the ocean, they will come any time she enters the water. And there will be much fighting for positions for either honor guard or future matings." Sanobars grin had a feral cast to it at the thought. The amount of fighting that keeping a position at her side would require the first few years would be great. Over TiChakah's lifetime there would be many frenzies in her name- especially during mating season.
Kesh looked up to the ship, head cocked slightly to the side. It still moved, but it was far slower than it had been. Now it limped along like a wounded animal. He automatically calculated how easy it would be to kill everyone on board by simply sinking it. He waved back up to the ship, catching the other threes attention again. "That ship is broken. It's not exactly the safest of places to be. Especially with the Queen of Storms ,your mother, on the war path." he observed, turning to Delaeri. Sanobar smelled a familiar scent below them and nudged Mesh, jerking his chin. "I suggest going back on board, High Princess. Sharks have come to investigate the blood but will leave in a few hours if there is no meal to be had. Would you allow us to offer our services to our Lady?" Kesh asked. They would follow the ship regardless, but the High Princess of the Oceana had the power to bar them from coming aboard the ship until they changed her mind.
TiChakah took Lily to the hammock she had used the night before and striped her from her chilly and soaking clothing, tutting unconsciously as she fell into the familiar habit of mothering a small human child. Clothes hung to dry, shr wrapped Lily head to toe, bundled her into her arms again and went in search of food. It was rather easy to find, and though the cook seemed wary of her, he provided a warm bowl of mash and a tea for the shivering girl. With a word of thanks, she returned to the hammock and settled them both on it, feeding her so her arms didn't get chilled. When she seemed to fall into a light sleep she curled around her to share warmth and waited for her clothes to finish drying, the child to wake, or someone to come get her. She worried for Delaeri, Captain Toulouse, and for the crew.
"Roll for cow." <3
Offline Profile Goto Top

Deleted User
Deleted User

Delaeri listened to them. She knew how precious TiChaka was. She was the First Sharkskin female to be born in... ages. Delaeri barely even remembered stories about the last Sharkskin Queen.

Then it hit her. If there were no other females... TiChaka would be the Queen. It was her birthright. But....

She would have to be recognized by the High Queen... Delaeri's mother. She suddenly missed her mother, and before replying to the Sharkskins she looked out towards the open see, towards her home where the underwater castle built within the coral lay.

Was Calypso angry with her for stopping her Storm? Delaeri didn't even know she was powerful enough to do that. What was going through her mother's head right now?

She knew then, that she and TiChaka would have to talk to her soon. To get the Sharkskin recognized as Queen, and to speak to her about their mission to unite land and sea. Making the two Princesses ambassadors.

She returned her attention to the Sharkskins and weighed their words carefully. The ship was not hers, despite being... under her protection. She couldn't tell them if they could or could not go on it.

She would have to speak to Tulouse. That was his decision, as rightfully as if he was King of that space.

"Though this ship is under my protection, it is not under my command. The ship's Captain will have to grant you permission to board, as is his right. I will ask him for you, and I will inform your Princess of your arrival. She can come greet you herself if she wishes. You are correct, in that it is the place of a Sharkskin to protect a Sharkskin. She's... very precious. More than she knows." Delaeri paused and looked out to the Sea again.

"When my mother finds us, as I know she shall... with her Tempest honor guard in tow," She looked at Myrari. "I'll speak to her. She of anyone will know how rare and precious your Princess is. And... I'm sure my mother will Recognize her as she is due." Giving the Sharkskins a knowing look.

Then she turned towards the ship.

"I will go inform those on board of your arrival. Myrari?" Delaeri nodded, and then launched herself out of the water as gracefully as she could. Despite her tiredness.

She felt better for sure, but when this was all over... she was going to sleep for quite a while.

She found TiChaka first.

"Two of your people are in the waters below. They've come to guard you, as Myrari guards me. I told the, you would go greet them if you wished. I have to go wake Tulouse and ask his permission for them to board." Delaeri said quickly, and made her way to the Captain's Quarters.

She was so tired.

She found him still asleep, but fully healed. Odd... he should have woken by now. The storm was gone but for a few wispy clouds and he still hadn't stirred.

She sat on the bed beside him and touched his forehead, feeling for a fever. There was none.

The trauma must have trapped him in his own mind. She could lead him back, but she would do it slowly.

So she sang softly to him. She sang an old Mer song about the Moon Goddess, and her grace. Of scenes of rivers of fog above the waters, lit by the light of the moon. Of the moon pushing and pulling the tides, leaving treasures for the children of land to find on the sands and leaving ever more beneath the tides for the children of the sea to find. Ever keeping Man and Mer tied together.

She used her voice to gently pull Tulouse, like the tides, back up from the depths.
Goto Top

Oru
Member Avatar
Sol
[ *  *  * ]
Captain Dirk Haversham didn't answer Maya right away. He kept looking down at himself, expecting there to be fresh blood running down his side. But there wasn't. His wound had closed. It was done bleeding for now. And the rain had washed whatever remains away, other then what would probably stain his clothes from this point onward.

He looked up at Maya with bleary eyes and shook his head, as if shaking off a bad feeling. "Right, right... Um...." He glanced around a bit and sighed. He shrugged. "Well, we're all useless right now. Can't do anything but try and rest. Keep three of our freshest men up and awake to keep watch over things, and have the others sleep. Tell the watchmen to wake up replacements after no less then three hours. Keep a cycle going. And that means YOU rest too. Because like Hell If I'm not going to curl up right here and pass out." He patted Maya on the shoulder and let himself flop onto the deck with visible chagrin.

Gods what a long, long day.

Myrari on the other hand made sure to keep Dalaeri within tentacle's reach. Two sharks was a challenge. But she had more then enough appendages to keep them occupied enough to at least get the Oceana to safety if the need arose.

She eyed them in complete silence. It was not her place to speak.

Dalaeri said she would announce their presence, and she nodded. Her dreadlocks spread around about her face as she bobbed in the water. "I will keep an eye on them."

When Dalaeri erupted from the water, she remained below, keeping several tentacles clutched onto the hull of the ship as to keep pace. She watched the two Sharks with an emotionless persistence. She almost WANTED them to try something.

Almost.
Posted Image
Offline Profile Goto Top

Mikael
Member Avatar
Advanced Member
[ *  *  * ]
Tulouse continued his descent into the abyss. A he fell he constantly felt the feeling the movement of the water. He was certain it was pulling him down.
His fear of breath, rather lack thereof, had faded. Here, in this dark intimate void, he did not need to breathe.
With each slight sensation of movement, the water seemed to move from below him slowly parting for his descent.
He felt like there was great auspice for what waited, but he couldn't figure out why he felt that way. His graduation ceremony had been witnessed by the Emperor. Walking up to the podium to make his speech, felt much like this.

A wave of power passed, not of here. It's strength roused his mind from this womb of enchantment.

Then there was warmth, dry cloth, the smell of candle, and tea. He was too tired to open his eyes and look around, but he could tell he'd returned to his cabin.

There was a release of power. To some a palpable, yet small, wave of energy; not that any mundane would ever notice it. A break in the grip this darkness had on a little humans soul.

Darkness, though everywhere, is not strong in the land of the light. Before being discovered it let go it's hostage, and recoiled from the might of the will of the Oceana and it's guardians.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"It" whispered to the darkness of the deep "Master, in my stalkings of the princess, one has been found, one that would do nicely. I remain in your shadows and remain secret... I have left your mark, though the ritual was not complete. He will be yours by the new moon." Slight and wispy the warlock saboteur drifted into the protection of the shadow of the ship.
Offline Profile Goto Top

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
ZetaBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Join the millions that use us for their forum communities. Create your own forum today.
« Previous Topic · Advanced RP · Next Topic »
Locked Topic
  • Pages:

Skin Created by Xarina of Rapture & G-force. Best viewed in firefox.