Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to Phoenix Viewer Support. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

You must be 18 years of age and a resident of Second Life to register. Non-resident registrations will not be approved. When registering, please read and follow the instructions on the registration page carefully.

Phoenix Viewer Support offers support for residents of the Second Life grid ONLY.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Locked Topic
A Word About Registering for the Forum
Topic Started: February 29, 2012, 3:31 pm (615 Views)
Selene Gregoire
Member Avatar
Administrator
Recently I have made some changes to the way new members should register for the forum. It has come to my attention that some have either ignored the instructions for registering on the registration page or are not understanding them.

In order to not have to keep denying registrations that are most likely legitimate I am posting the instructions here:

Quote:

By registering on this forum, you are agreeing to the terms of use set forth in the Terms of Service. If you have not read the ToS please do so before registering. Ignorance of the Terms of Service/Forum Rules is not acceptable.

• You must be 18 years of age and a resident of Second Life. Non-resident registrations will not be approved.

• If you were a resident of SL before November 17, 2010 you must register using both first and last names. Use a space between the names. Do NOT use dots (.), dashes (-) or underscores (_).

• Residents of SL born on or after November 17, 2010 must register using thier SL login name and the last name of Resident. Do NOT use dots (.), dashes (-) or underscores (_).

• Do NOT register with a Display Name.

• Your SL account MUST be at least 30 days old.

• Spaces ARE allowed. Do NOT use dots (.), dashes (-) or underscores (_). User names containing these symbols will not be approved.

Before any accounts are approved they are searched in-world. If your name does not come up on search or if there are multiple accounts with the same first name and you did not use a last name to register, your account will not be approved and you will need to re-register following the instructions above.

NOTE: If there is any truth to the rumor LL will be giving us back last names you will be allowed one name change to add your new last name.

You must register with both a first and last name. If using Resident as a last name is really that horrible for you, you can IM me inworld. I will be happy to pre-register you, however, a valid email address and a password is required. You can change the password the first time you log in.

Remember to use a space between first and last names. No other symbols are acceptable. Example: Joe[space]Cool = Joe Cool.

These instructions are in place for several reasons. Among them is eliminating spam bots, people who register just to cause trouble on a forum or just for the fun of it, people who are not residents of Second Life and have no need to use the forum, etc.

I am looking into the possibility of using the Second Life Registration API as a means to eliminate the need for the above requirements to register.

Happy Posting!

Selene
Offline Profile Goto Top

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · Important Information · Next Topic »
Locked Topic