Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to Politics R Us. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are restricted from some sections. Register now to have full access. Email verification is required.

REGISTER NOW!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features. If you are having difficulties, send an email to "beddows1@telus.net"

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
A Warning to Washington; The Kansas Experiment
Topic Started: Jun 17 2017, 08:29 AM (71 Views)
Brewster
Member Avatar

CNN

Last week, Republican state legislators in Kansas finally acknowledged what we have known since 2012: Gov. Sam Brownback's "Kansas Experiment" burdened our businesses, wrecked our state's finances, and mortgaged our children's future, all in the name of giving tax breaks to the wealthy.

When pushing their controversial plan, Brownback and his allies claimed his agenda would create 22,000 jobs in the state. Unfortunately for hard-working Kansans, Brownback's trickle-down economics didn't make those jobs appear.

Kansas' job growth actually declined since Brownback's tax giveaway to the most well-off Kansans. We've fallen 47,000 jobs short of the promise made by the governor's revenue secretary; an especially notable trend given that our neighbors in Colorado, Nebraska, Missouri, and Oklahoma have all experienced increasing job growth rates during the same period. And that is just the tip of the iceberg.
Link

"Trickle Down Economics" has always failed.

Republicans have always claimed it failed because the government never took it far enough.

Well, Kansas took it All The Way, and this is the result.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Telcoman
Member Avatar
Administrator
It usually does fail. The issue is rich people hoard, that is why they are rich.

wanderingjays
Member Avatar

The issue is that most (all) politicians go where the money is.

Brewster
Member Avatar

Unfortunately I think you're quire correct Jays, especially since the Citizens United decision.

I think that there probably was some money chasing going on before, but not like it is now. I don't know if politicians in the past were actually more virtuous, or whether it's just a matter of more money being available now.

Telcoman
Member Avatar
Administrator
BTW is newt still saying global warming is a scam over at F&I. its so hot in Phoenix, planes can't land.

Brewster
Member Avatar

Oh, yes,he is - and the first type of planes that can't land (actually the real problem is taking off) are the Canadian Bombardier CRJ's, an older design.

Neut and Thumper are having real fun with that..

No other planes will be able to take off either in a few years, at the rate we're going..

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · US Politics · Next Topic »
Add Reply