Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to Politics R Us. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are restricted from some sections. Register now to have full access. Email verification is required.

REGISTER NOW!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features. If you are having difficulties, send an email to "beddows1@telus.net"

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
An International Feast; Life is Good
Topic Started: Jul 16 2017, 05:53 PM (41 Views)
Brewster
Member Avatar

My sister is in town from Manitoba, so I gathered our friends and family for Sunday Dinner - I don't believe anything like it could be put together anywhere else in the world...

We lucked out right off the bat - the day had been blistering hot, but a cool front moved in just before dinner, and as we sat out on my new deck, the temperature was 22*C/72*F the whole time...

The first course, whipped up by my French-Canadian cousin-in law, was French Onion soup, made with real French onions and Parmesan cheese from Italy! It needed its own wine of course, and my son contributed a Pinot Grigio white wine he made from Okanagan grapes...

The main course consisted of T Bone steaks from Alberta, and Salmon my cousin caught last year in the Smithers area of BC., all mated up with Perogies made with Manitoba Potatoes and Corn on the Cob from Chile. Once again, it needed a special wine, so I contributed my own blend of a French Cabernet Sauvignon, Australian Shiraz, and an Argentinian Merlot.

Dessert was my Sister's contribution, a Lemon Meringue pie made with Lemons from Jamaica, washed down with some Sangria from Spain (one of the few purely commercial items on the menu!)

As I sit here contemplating the mountain of dishes the ladies have to wash (sexist, I know), I'm sipping on a 15 year old Scotch I picked up in my ancestral homeland, Islay, Scotland...

Ahh yess, Life is GOOD!!!
Edited by Brewster, Jul 16 2017, 06:03 PM.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

wanderingjays
Member Avatar

Sounds good . Next time invite us.

Brewster
Member Avatar

Actually, I like the idea - I don't know how to pull it off though...

wanderingjays
Member Avatar

Getting all this group in one spot at one time would be difficult at best. But it would be fun.

campingken

Will travel for food...l

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
« Previous Topic · General Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply