Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to Politics R Us. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are restricted from some sections. Register now to have full access. Email verification is required.

REGISTER NOW!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features. If you are having difficulties, send an email to "beddows1@telus.net"

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
A Very Sad Day
Topic Started: Jul 31 2017, 04:59 AM (402 Views)
Brewster
Member Avatar
Brewster
My younger son was killed in a single car accident last night - he was alone in the car...

Still very few details - the family was planning a get together - but not like this...
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Colo_crawdad

Brew, our thoughts and prayers are with you and your family.

Brewster
Member Avatar
Brewster
Thanks, Colo - it still hasn't completely sunk in...

wanderingjays
Member Avatar

So sorry to hear this Brewster. My thoughts and prayers for you and your family

Brewster
Member Avatar
Brewster
Thanks, Jays - very quiet around here.

wanderingjays
Member Avatar

You're never prepared for this.

Telcoman
Member Avatar
Administrator
oh boy Brew, I am so sorry

Shank63

I know how much sad and tragic it can be. Have lost my brother to a similar accident 6 months ago. Still, we can’t believe he is no longer with us. He used to work for a DUI lawyer and had a bright future. Irony, he was knocked over by a drunk driver.

campingken

Brew,

Very sorry to hear of your loss...

Brewster
Member Avatar
Brewster
Thanks one and all - it's been a year now, and we just got the autopsy results a few days ago - It was late at night, but no drinking, no drugs, no personal problems - It seems he must've fallen asleep at the wheel - he ran directly into a concrete post, at highway speeds, and the car blew up.

But as best they can tell, he was dead from multiple non-survivable injuries the instant the car hit the post - probably never felt a thing, which I guess is good...

On Edit: I was having nightmares of his being aware, and trapped in a burning wreck...
Edited by Brewster, Jul 24 2018, 05:08 AM.

Sea Dog

Yes, we read it every day in the paper.
Much different when it is a close family member,
even worse when the victim is one of your children!

Telcoman
Member Avatar
Administrator
I was in a near fatal accident in my RV back in June. Just survived by a fluke. Its luck of the draw. The RCMP officer told me she did not believe I survived it.

Posted Image

Not to bring up stuff Brew, but my engine was still running, I could not reach the key, and I could smell propane very strongly, the fear of burning was very real and I suspect its the cause of my current PTSD. I witnessed a very bad accident with a wife & kids burning alive in 1959 when I was a kid. They were riding in a truck camper and the wife was apparently cooking. Rules were diferent back then.

Brewster
Member Avatar
Brewster
It does show that perhaps we're all lucky on the highway at times...

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · General Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply