Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to Politics R Us. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are restricted from some sections. Register now to have full access. Email verification is required.

REGISTER NOW!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features. If you are having difficulties, send an email to "beddows1@telus.net"

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
The American Consumer is Worn Out!; Behind all the yack yack, simple fact is hiding
Topic Started: Aug 21 2015, 07:24 AM (140 Views)
corky

I'm watching the markets and thinking, lots of the managers aren't ready to admit it, but if as I see it, the American mass consumer is just plain worn out and feeling abused and broke, then the world is headed for a BIG hole. Sanders and Trump are both speaking to people who are tired and feeling abuse, people aren't likely to spend a dime more than they have to. China is just going to be the first of many to feel a large hurt.

&1
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Brewster
Member Avatar

Sure never know it from the Wal-Marts and Canadian Tires around here...

Or my own Credit Cards...

Telcoman
Member Avatar
Administrator
there certainly seems to be a bit of an economic upheaval coming.

corky

531 and I think this is just the start.

China in negative growth and on the brink of disintegration in short order.

&1

retired

Would China going broke bother us as a nation. Everything you buy in the store is made in China. Maybe our economy would get a boost. Just a question.

Jackd

China is not going broke.
It faces a slowdown like any other country, but still has a positive growth. What China claimed over the years (7% -10% annual growth) was, according to most economists, a nice smokescreen.
It look like China is now realigning its economic position (floating yen, more realistic growth numbers,
China is still the one of United State's biggest bankers with $$1.4Trillon owned to them

Telcoman
Member Avatar
Administrator
I think china may just be getting its house in order to get a positive ruling in Oct on becoming a world reserve currency.

corky

Watching China's imports and exports will tell the tale in the next few months. There has been rumor of problems for the last few months, seems at least some of them are true.

China going down will pull most of the commodity suppliers with them.

There is no substitute for going out and using your eyes, don't look at the customers, check out their carts.

&1

wanderingjays
Member Avatar

I just got back from Alaska and If you're willing to pay the price , you can get good quality stuff. Most of the stuff in the gotcha shops are from China or Indonesia. If you're willing to pay the price the good stuff is locally made and much more expensive . I found a carving of an Orca form Indonesia that was 16 bucks . One from a local indian artisan was 85 bucks. You can compare them and the quality of the expensive one was 10 times better. I bought the pricey one because I want to display it. Fortunately for me I can afford it.

corky

WJ's,
Race to the bottom, cheap quantity over quality!

&1

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · General Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply