Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to the Serpamia Flare forum! Here, you can introduce yourself, hang out with other lovely people, discuss the story in more detail and maybe even RP!

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use, such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Click here to register an account!

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Kori Aid Operation RP, Rescue Mission; Stage 3: Safe Escape Route - save survivors, survive saving survivors...
Topic Started: Jul 25 2015, 02:20 AM (2,354 Views)
rufiangel
Member Avatar
final boss and pretent baby coco murderer
<3 Welcome back to the Adventuring 101 RP! :D The current inventory listed below takes into account the changes to inventory after the continuation of events from the last point (from two months ago - RL, not RP!). Sorry for such a long hiatus, that was a looong time to hold your breath underwater! :blush: Let's get back into it and see if we can finish things this time, shall we?

Current Inventories

Leo's Inventory

mjkj's Inventory

Here's a refresher quote that covers what happened at the start of Stage Three, two months ago XD (in RL, not in the RP!):

Spoiler: click to toggle

I'll post straight below this one the continuation of events! :yes:

Edited by Mod #2: added some spoiler tags to shorten the post
Edited by Mod #2: added the persons to the inventory to have all at the same place
Edited by rufiangel, Sep 23 2015, 07:32 PM.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

rufiangel
Member Avatar
I'm going to use spoiler tags to see if this helps keep things separate, and also to see if it'll help avoid meta-ing too much. XD Do your best, guys!

Leo

Mjkj

Let me know what you'd like to do. If you want to talk to survivors, please keep in mind that you spent most of the break crafting, so you won't have a lot of time to talk if you want to keep moving so keep the questions brief. (If you want to sit around and just chat, go ahead, but don't blame me for what may happen as a result XD)

For Mjkj: to try to see if Sarah is maybe around the air pocket but is lost and unable to find you, you can roll for Perception and also give me a roll on a d20 for... uh... your special Whistle Skill. Its sole purpose as a skill is to whistle for Sarah so this skill is pointless until the rare situation occurs where Sarah goes missing. (This may also just be the GM setting you up for disappointment because the GM has placed Sarah somewhere else. ;D...)

Whew, that's it from me for now. Please do your best, guys! :candle: :yes:

Prayformercy
Member Avatar
brawny kijini Leo
'We must take sides. Neutrality helps the oppressor, never the victim. Silence encourages the tormentor, never the tormented. Sometimes we must interfere.'' Elie Wiesel

Posted Image

Robert
Member Avatar
The Mentalist Little Bear
Hmmm, well, that was a quick read! (For some reason, the spoiler click to toggles are not working for me!)

mjkj
Member Avatar
baby coco owner
rufiangel
Jul 25 2015, 02:31 AM
I'm going to use spoiler tags to see if this helps keep things separate, and also to see if it'll help avoid meta-ing too much. XD Do your best, guys!

Mjkj

Let me know what you'd like to do. If you want to talk to survivors, please keep in mind that you spent most of the break crafting, so you won't have a lot of time to talk if you want to keep moving so keep the questions brief. (If you want to sit around and just chat, go ahead, but don't blame me for what may happen as a result XD )

For Mjkj: to try to see if Sarah is maybe around the air pocket but is lost and unable to find you, you can roll for Perception and also give me a roll on a d20 for... uh... your special Whistle Skill. Its sole purpose as a skill is to whistle for Sarah so this skill is pointless until the rare situation occurs where Sarah goes missing. (This may also just be the GM setting you up for disappointment because the GM has placed Sarah somewhere else. ;D ...)

Whew, that's it from me for now. Please do your best, guys! :candle: :yes:

I will try, Rufi :S - and do not worry about the long break - I am happy to continue now :D

Yup, did the best ^_^' :yes:

...and I hope to have my Sarah back soon... :S

PS: all rolls are without any mods - please add them where applicable.
  ~ mjkj ~  

baby coco owner :coco: :cocoeyes: :coco:

Robert
Member Avatar
Lol, and now the spoiler tags are working for me XD

rufiangel
Member Avatar
Prayformercy
Jul 25 2015, 03:13 AM
Yep, it wouldn't have much better effect on him, unfortunately :<
The pearl healing potion heals more HP, rather than cure other status ailments, if you catch my drift. XP

(EDIT: Sorry, I only just re-read what I wrote and wow was that stupidly confusing :'D sorryyy I meant it DOESN'T cure other status ailments, durrrr)
Edited by rufiangel, Jul 27 2015, 01:43 PM.

rufiangel
Member Avatar
mjkj
Jul 25 2015, 06:56 AM
I will try, Rufi :S - and do not worry about the long break - I am happy to continue now :D

Yup, did the best ^_^' :yes:

...and I hope to have my Sarah back soon... :S

PS: all rolls are without any mods - please add them where applicable.
Your crit roll on Insight provides you with the following extra information on each survivor:

14 year old boy - Surin, a teen from the village school who wants to be an architect. He is currently carrying the wooden sword thing you had in your item bag and looks anxious.
5 year old girl - Carlis, a young girl who is distraught, as she was separated from her mother on the fields. You were carrying her on your back.
14 year old girl - Mavis, a girl who works as an assistant at the potion shop. Seems to be quite calm compared to Surin.
16 year old girl - Iris, a girl who makes/sells accessories and knows Carlis's mother, and has currently taken to helping Carlis around.

1 woman in her mid-forties - Megan, a woman who teaches and sells embroidery in the village; she is unconscious and cannot be woken up.
1 young lady, 18 years old - Keira, a normally formidable lady who is an apprentice under the village mechanic; she is the girl you kissed in order to persuade her to stop attacking you. She is currently quite unwell (the water really did a number to her lungs) and requires help to walk. Your restorative items don't seem up to the task of helping her; she needs a proper assistance from a medical expert or healer. She is, however, conscious, unlike Megan.

2 young men, 30 years old - Caladium and Flik, partners in business and farmers; they breed pot-belly peach-spotted boars. Flik was injured when you initially found him, but you healed him with your items. They are both a little gloomy, knowing their entire farm is likely lost after the Aquafall, but are glad to be alive.
1 older woman in her mid-sixties - Yvonne, an older lady who once worked as an archivist in Lari and has come to settle in Kori for retirement with her husband. He wasn't with her when she was swept away on the field.
1 young woman, 24 years old - Nadia, one of the assistant chefs at one of the larger village restaurants; she is the girl you kissed in order to calm down when she was frightened. She blushes furiously whenever you come near her.
1 older man, 42 years old - Alan, a tourist visiting from Circla Village. He was with his wife on the fields before the Aquafall hit, and he is quiet and fairly despondent. He is also injured; his head is bleeding badly from having been bashed about quite a bit from the recoil.

You hand out 10 hot cacao-juice, 10 herbs, 10 opa fruit and 10 cookies. (This has been deducted from the current inventory.)
This helps Keira enough so she can walk on her own without assistance, but her lungs are still doing poorly and you don't have any medical expertise to help with this. With the way she is coughing, you don't think she'll be very helpful with Stealth operations, though at this point you probably won't have to be all that stealthy anyway.
This also helps Alan to recover well enough so he is no longer bleeding, and is a little more aware and alert of his surroundings.
Megan is still out. It looks like someone will have to carry her around.

Your Perception roll yields the following: you think you can sense some air movement in the cavern, but you're not sure from where. Tonta (who rolled a :d2010: and has a +2 modifier to his Perception rolls) has the same assessment of the area as you. The both of you bomb your dungeoneering rolls (Mjkj: :d2007: Tonta: :d2003: ) so neither of you have a very good idea on where to go, so it looks like you'll have to choose randomly from two possible paths you found: a narrow one to the left that seems to go straight on level, or a slightly wider tunnel that slopes downward to the right.

When you ask about Sarah, Carlis says: "She... she went to you. When the water came, she... sorry. I don't know. Sorry, mister." Her eyes fill with tears as she continues to apologise, and Iris spends a moment consoling her.

You ask Iris for pointers on crafting your necklace. She tries to assist you (and rolls an :d2008: ) but she is too disoriented and tired from the current ordeal she is going through to be of much help. Nadia offers to help, but as she is an expert at baking but not accessories crafting, she isn't very helpful. (Though she does say she likes the colour of your necklace, and that's always nice to know.)

You ask Mavis whether she can make potions with what you have, and though she could with the proper equipment, she currently lacks any of the brewing, distilling or compounding tools and books with the appropriate magic inscriptions she usually refers to in order to make anything much more complex than what you already have. She does, however, says she can mildly improve the contents of your cannister of lapia oak sap by mixing it with choco potion at the correct ratio; it will have an increased healing effect. She says she can try to do this for up to 3 choco potions with the amount of lapia oak sap you have. She has a very low chance of failure, so if you want to try this, just let her know. Nadia eagerly offers to help again, but she knows less about potions than she did about accessories, and ends up not being very helpful again (Though you can't fault her for her enthusiasm! What a helpful girl!)

You rolled a :d2017: on your Perception in the cavern specifically looking for Sarah; you see nothing pertaining to your tiny baby coco.
You rolled a :d2011: on your Whistle; your gentle, cooing whistle that used to coax her out when she was barely two weeks old and didn't know you that well yet echoes like several birds singing a melancholy birdsong in the craggy air pocket. There is no response to your whistle...
Edited by rufiangel, Jul 26 2015, 10:28 PM.

mjkj
Member Avatar
baby coco owner
rufiangel
Jul 26 2015, 10:27 PM

PS: all rolls are without any mods - please add them where applicable - and tell me if I need to make some rolls (...and no, I do not mean bread rolls...). :P ;) XD

~ mjkj ~  

Prayformercy
Member Avatar
brawny kijini Leo

Edited by Prayformercy, Jul 28 2015, 10:50 AM.
'We must take sides. Neutrality helps the oppressor, never the victim. Silence encourages the tormentor, never the tormented. Sometimes we must interfere.'' Elie Wiesel

Posted Image

rufiangel
Member Avatar
mjkj
Jul 27 2015, 09:31 AM

PS: all rolls are without any mods - please add them where applicable - and tell me if I need to make some rolls (...and no, I do not mean bread rolls...). :P ;) XD

Carlis is quite sad at first, but once you hug her and pat her a good bit, she is consoled enough to stop crying and just sniffles a little. Although she doesn't seem like she'd mind sticking to you, but Iris takes over and says you should have all your wits about you if you are leading the group out of the air pocket.

Mavis successfully enhances 3 choco-pos for you, so you have gained three Enhanced Choco Potions to your inventory. :yes: It looks similar to a normal choco-po, except it has a weak glow when you shake it a little. You have depleted your cannister of Lapia Oak Sap, so now you have one empty cannister again.

Nadia agrees to watch out for Keira when you ask, and Yvonne says "Leave it to us" when you ask both Nadia and Yvonne to look after Keira should she need extra help.

You have chosen to go down the left path. (I would say 'west' but it's hard to tell what is really 'west' up in this craggy air pocket. Relative to the direction you were facing when you woke up, the path is 'west'/'left'.) Everyone is tired, pale and anxious, but both you and Tonta are quite reliable, so they put their trust in you and follow your every directive.

I don't know what an 'Awareness' roll is, but your Perception roll encompasses anything you need to be particularly aware of. ^_^' You find quite a good number of mushrooms to hold onto and distribute, and after ascertaining the water levels are safe to traverse, you lead the group through the narrower tunnel. You continue to look and whistle for Sarah as you go, and though your whistle is loud and clear, it doesn't summon your baby coco to your side like it should.

The path is extremely craggy and full of extremely sharp rocks. The air movement is a little strange in this tunnel; it feels like it sometimes moves, and then abruptly stops and all you get is a weird, musty sort of still air. The sound of water dripping and splashing echoes eerily around the tunnel amid everyone's ragged breathing, crunching footfalls against the rocks and Keira's hacking coughs.

Your head feels just slightly lighter than before when you finally reach a point in the tunnel where it seems like it stops abruptly; for a second, as you cast the glow of your mushroom sprig around, you think it's a dead end. However, closer (and very careful) inspection reveals that the tunnel very suddenly slopes upward in a very steep climb, and you think you can spot a ledge of some sort a good ten feet above you. There wasn't a lot of room to move in the tunnels (just two people barely squeezed through side-by-side and you were hunched over the whole time, so your waist is sore) but this area is slightly better; you can stand up straight, at least.

After the Aquafall recoil the walls and ceiling are still dripping, so everything is super slippery. You don't think you can climb this wall normally. Or even if you could, you're not sure if the rest of the survivors could.

What do you want to do?

rufiangel
Member Avatar
Prayformercy
Jul 28 2015, 10:49 AM

Oh, well, the time you spent crafting is basically all the time you needed in order to wait the water drainage out. XD You can start moving!

But while you're waiting, you share out all the fruit and biscuits. You consume all the tea biscuits and opa fruit, and one choco potion in order to regain at least yourself, Glenn and Zel to full health and the others up to medium health. (All items are deducted now from your current inventory.)

Trelle used to be a black mage, but she retired long ago after becoming widowed at an early age. She has no knowledge of healing arts and she hasn't practised magic in decades. Stella, her assistant, is a magic academic but not a practitioner. She has read up on first aid and things like that in general, however, and looks the unconscious man over. All she can really tell you is that he seems to be suffering from internal organ injury, so the best thing to do is to get him somewhere with a trained medic or healer, quick.

If you are ready to move, you already know which passage has the most air movement and is likely to lead to a way out of the pocket and to somewhere outside. It's a narrow passage, so if you want to be specific about the order of people travelling and who is carrying whom and so on, you can let me know. :) Feel free to let me know what you'd like to do in preparation if anything, otherwise feel free to go on ahead!

mjkj
Member Avatar
baby coco owner
rufiangel
Jul 28 2015, 11:42 PM

What do you want to do?
How big is that area? Can all fit in there at once to relax a bit or would it be too crowded for that?

Please tell me if I have to make some rolls...
  ~ mjkj ~  

rufiangel
Member Avatar
mjkj
Jul 29 2015, 12:46 AM
How big is that area? Can all fit in there at once to relax a bit or would it be too crowded for that?

Please tell me if I have to make some rolls...
The area is not big enough for everyone to crowd into. However, you can tell everyone to stop moving and take a minute to rest. Bear in mind that you are already feeling a little light-headed; it doesn't seem like the air here is all that plentiful, and there are a lot of you... so an extended rest may not be too good of an idea.

The crystal candles are still too wet to use. You guys have only been travelling for around 20 minutes or so, max. It'll take longer to dry out completely.

The mushroom sprig isn't great, but it still provides enough light to see what's directly around you.

Roll for Perception to see if you can see anything else of interest, besides what you've already noticed.

To use the rope, you can roll an Athletics check to see if you can throw it up high enough to catch onto anything on the ledge.

Tonta has come from the rear to reach your spot and stand next to you, also inspecting the 'dead end'. He suggests: "Hey, we don't have much of a runnin' start here... but reckon if I gave you a bit of a boost, you could try jumpin' up there and see what's on the ledge?"

If you agree, you can roll an Acrobatics, and Tonta will roll an Athletics to see if he can boost you high enough to reach the ledge.

mjkj
Member Avatar
baby coco owner
rufiangel
Jul 29 2015, 01:09 AM
The area is not big enough for everyone to crowd into. However, you can tell everyone to stop moving and take a minute to rest. Bear in mind that you are already feeling a little light-headed; it doesn't seem like the air here is all that plentiful, and there are a lot of you... so an extended rest may not be too good of an idea.

Ok...

Perception roll*: :d2011:
Athletics check*: :d2016: I guess I have at least a +1 here?
Acrobatics roll*: :d2019:
Athletics roll*: not needed since mjkj made it up he does not need to boost Tonta up... (at least I guess he did make it up...)

* all rolls are without modifier - please add where applicable - thank you :D
  ~ mjkj ~  

Prayformercy
Member Avatar
brawny kijini Leo
rufiangel
Jul 28 2015, 11:58 PM
Prayformercy
Jul 28 2015, 10:49 AM

Oh, well, the time you spent crafting is basically all the time you needed in order to wait the water drainage out. XD You can start moving!

But while you're waiting, you share out all the fruit and biscuits. You consume all the tea biscuits and opa fruit, and one choco potion in order to regain at least yourself, Glenn and Zel to full health and the others up to medium health. (All items are deducted now from your current inventory.)

Trelle used to be a black mage, but she retired long ago after becoming widowed at an early age. She has no knowledge of healing arts and she hasn't practised magic in decades. Stella, her assistant, is a magic academic but not a practitioner. She has read up on first aid and things like that in general, however, and looks the unconscious man over. All she can really tell you is that he seems to be suffering from internal organ injury, so the best thing to do is to get him somewhere with a trained medic or healer, quick.

If you are ready to move, you already know which passage has the most air movement and is likely to lead to a way out of the pocket and to somewhere outside. It's a narrow passage, so if you want to be specific about the order of people travelling and who is carrying whom and so on, you can let me know. :) Feel free to let me know what you'd like to do in preparation if anything, otherwise feel free to go on ahead!

Posted Image

Robert
Member Avatar
Good luck not dying in the caverns of suffering suffocation!!

mjkj
Member Avatar
baby coco owner
Robert
Jul 30 2015, 02:20 PM
Thanks, Robert - I think my group will need it... *sighs* :huh: ^o) :O
  ~ mjkj ~  

Prayformercy
Member Avatar
brawny kijini Leo
Robert
so long as we dont have to escape by using stealth rolls we should be ok.

Posted Image

Robert
Member Avatar
Prayformercy
Jul 30 2015, 08:46 PM
Robert
so long as we dont have to escape by using stealth rolls we should be ok.
The bad air chases you, make a stealth roll to escape! *You have died. It's totally not personal, just business. Bad air is getting paid the big bucks.*

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · Adventuring 101 · Next Topic »
Add Reply