Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to the Serpamia Flare forum! Here, you can introduce yourself, hang out with other lovely people, discuss the story in more detail and maybe even RP!

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use, such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Click here to register an account!

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
The Lethian: buy one get two?; I'm only 50% done but I feel like I'm starting the sequel...
Topic Started: Jul 28 2015, 12:23 PM (276 Views)
Headgamer
Member Avatar
NeMikey ship cap'n
:!: Use Spoiler Tags :!:

Ok. So everyone here knows by now that Rufi wrote the book "The Lethian". I imagine most of you have read it by now. If not go buy it now because it's 100% worth. Mater of fact I feel like I'm getting two books in one!

I'm only 50% done and I feel like the book could end now and I'd be satisfied. A major arc just finished. They achieved the main goal that she set out to accomplish. Sure, not everything is settled because new problems and mystories have arrived, but even still I feel like the book could end now and so long as the rest was in a sequel that I could buy I'd happily pay for it.

So my question to Rufi is: did you ever consider at any point splitting the book in two? If so why did you decide not to?

To all else who read the book did also feel like it could have been 2 books as well or is it just me?

By the way...
For those of you who would like to know exactly where I am in the story....
Edited by Headgamer, Jul 28 2015, 11:36 PM.
Posted Image
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

rufiangel
Member Avatar
final boss and pretent baby coco murderer
Awww Headgamer! :wub: Thank you, I'm very glad you feel the book is worth it!

I did consider splitting the book in half at one point. Actually, I even considered splitting it into three - one book per arc. However, I didn't - even though I knew how long the book was - because of my own personal feelings regarding sequels. I believe a sequel should have the strength to stand on its own, even without prior knowledge of its predecessor; I feel that a proper sequel can be enjoyed with a +10 Yay bonus if you have read the first book, but still fully enjoyable on its own even without the bonus.

Uhm, very minor spoilers here - in the sense that I vaguely refer to the way I've structured the book - so I'll spoiler tag it, just in case... XD

Spoiler: click to toggle

That's why I didn't split the book. XD; And I guess now that I've written this, you can also surmise that if I ever write a sequel, it will be when I can come up with a story that stands on its own without prior knowledge of the original book. We'll see~~ ;)

You're quite far into the book, Headgamer! :D Yay! Won't be long before the end~! ^_^
Posted ImagePosted Image

Headgamer
Member Avatar
NeMikey ship cap'n
*nods* I see.
I think it was a good choose.
Posted Image

Headgamer
Member Avatar
NeMikey ship cap'n
Annnnnnnd.... Done with the book! ^_^
Posted Image

rufiangel
Member Avatar
Headgamer
Jul 30 2015, 05:33 AM
Annnnnnnd.... Done with the book! ^_^
Hurray!! :D I hope you enjoyed it! :wub:

I'm gonna be annoying and whisper please review on Amazon or Goodreads if you can, thankyewww XD

Uhmu... would people use a sub-forum if I made one for The Lethian? <_<
Posted ImagePosted Image

mjkj
Member Avatar
baby coco owner
rufiangel
Jul 31 2015, 04:52 PM

I believe they would... :D XD
  ~ mjkj ~  

baby coco owner :coco: :cocoeyes: :coco:

Headgamer
Member Avatar
NeMikey ship cap'n
I'd be there.

I was about to make a team Rindo vs team Jason ship thread. :P
Posted Image

CiciEnixa
Member Avatar
spartan muffin
But what about the "Terry x Jason" thread, "Perfect Cinnamon Roll That's Too Good For This World" thread, and of course the "BURN CORGUS" thread? XD XD XD
From Dust To Ruination, the webcomic with life lessons like 'Never hop into strangers' rides', 'Never forget your head's protection', and of course 'Never accept Magic Tour Dust from suspicious purple tour guides'.:muffin: :muffin: :muffin:

Headgamer
Member Avatar
NeMikey ship cap'n
CiciEnixa
Jul 31 2015, 09:11 PM
But what about the "Terry x Jason" thread...
I'm not ready for that. ;)
Posted Image

CiciEnixa
Member Avatar
spartan muffin
:wub: :wub: :bdaycupcake: *gives Headgamer all the awards* :bdaycupcake: :wub: :wub:
From Dust To Ruination, the webcomic with life lessons like 'Never hop into strangers' rides', 'Never forget your head's protection', and of course 'Never accept Magic Tour Dust from suspicious purple tour guides'.:muffin: :muffin: :muffin:

Lukkai
Member Avatar
master of shooting things (pew pew)
Finished the book last morning as well. Good read!

And I won't register on goodreads. But I left you a vote and review on Amazon.

I'm in it for the Goldras.Posted Image

Lukkai
Member Avatar
rufiangel
Jul 31 2015, 04:52 PM
You mean like a place where we could discuss ships, theories and write fanstories in?

Hell yeah! :clap:

Headgamer
Member Avatar
NeMikey ship cap'n
I left a review as well.

So it's decided then? We'll have a ship forum. XD
Posted Image

rufiangel
Member Avatar
:O You guys!!! <3 Thank you so much for those reviews!! :wub: Honestly, I know it's bad, but I stopped checking as frequently as I used to :'D I guess I was losing hope that people would review the book... LOL. Sorry about that XD thank you so much!! <3 I appreciate it so!!

Aaand I'll see if I can make a sub-forum here shortly :D woo!
Posted ImagePosted Image

Headgamer
Member Avatar
NeMikey ship cap'n
Yay new forum!

Np. It was really a great book. I hope others pick it up.
Posted Image

Lukkai
Member Avatar
Yuuss! You fixed the posting problem!

Ghostforge
Member Avatar

:wub: So a while back I got The Lethian on Kindle Unlimited; started reading in the mid-late afternoon, and finished at like midnight. It was a wild ride that I DID NOT WANT TO END, and was entirely one of the better standalone fantasy novels I've read in a long time. The characters were likable and entertaining, the setting was well-crafted, and felt like a modern version of a fantasy world; IMHO, that last aspect is *hard* to pull off the way Rufi did. Usually you end up with one of a few variations, either a fantasy world where the understanding of magic is such that it's better referred to as magitech, a Sci-fi reality with magic elements ala Star Wars, or a Real-life adjacent world; with magic just below the surface, and the norms are just willfully ignorant ala Dresden Files. What's even more worthy of respect is that while you can see the real-life religious influences in the story if you look, it *still* felt like a fantasy story, and that's a writing skill that is sadly ignored by many writers these days; while you may on occasion see a fantasy soapbox story, it's far more common for writers to ignore that kind of story altogether in recent years. Frankly I'd rank The Lethian up there with The Hunger Games and the Divergent series in terms of peers and quality. Great job to our resident writer! :wub:
The Cyborg King is my Co-Pilot.

rufiangel
Member Avatar
Hello Ghostforge! Thank you so, so much for reading The Lethian, and for taking the trouble to leave your thoughts on the forum! ;3; <3 I really appreciate it. Your words are incredibly kind!! <3 I'm extremely happy you enjoyed the book! It's always on my mind to work on side-projects alongside SF that are related to The Lethian, and it is my intention to really do that some day sooner rather than later. In the meantime it means a great deal to me that you enjoyed the book as a standalone, and I am motivated all over again! Thankyew :hug: <3
Posted ImagePosted Image

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · Dark Kinetix Circuit · Next Topic »
Add Reply