Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to the Serpamia Flare forum! Here, you can introduce yourself, hang out with other lovely people, discuss the story in more detail and maybe even RP!

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use, such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Click here to register an account!

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Kori Aid Operation RP, Supplies Mission (II); Stage 3: Conclusion
Topic Started: Feb 5 2016, 03:12 PM (519 Views)
rufiangel
Member Avatar
final boss and pretent baby coco murderer
Alright! Are you ready to finish this darn supplies mission? I sure am! XD; Let's go!

Here's the inventory/supplies list that's the latest you guys have!




Current Inventory




Cici
Spoiler: click to toggle



Robert
Spoiler: click to toggle
Edited by rufiangel, Feb 22 2016, 04:58 PM.
Posted ImagePosted Image
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top
 
rufiangel
Member Avatar
final boss and pretent baby coco murderer
( GM: warning you guys, this is a fairly long read and your actions from here can pretty much go anywhere so I think you can feel free to take your time ... or not XD depends on you! )




At Lyle's beckoning, your party draws closer to where the danrir community gates are. When you reach it, however, you see that this gate isn't quite to the settlement just yet. At either side of the gate is a somewhat crude but thick structure of wood, heavily barring entry until the structure tapers into walls of reddish-brown rock.

Each of your party members passes through the gate one by one, with Lyle taking up the lead. Clara follows behind him, looking curiously about her; it is evident it is her first time in the Danririn community here. Riese follows behind her, looking sullen but resigned, but her eyes dart about shiftily; she is taking in her surroundings. Cici and Robert take up the rear together.

Passing through the gate, you see that this area is something like a loose storage area; everywhere you can see sacks, crates and barrels, though a lot of them seem empty, too. There are only two Danrir sentries at the front gate, and in this area just behind it, you find just one other Danririn checking inventory with the barrels. Beyond the stacks of crates, you can see a narrow crevice through the reddish-brown rock, and Lyle beckons for your team to go through it.

"Leave the torches behind," Lyle says, when Clara makes as though to take it in with her. "Ain't no point bringin' it in, it'll go right out in a minute. But we've put up crystal lights here an' there so you can see where you're goin'. Still... watch your step."

True to Lyle's word, there are crystal lights embedded in the walls, though not very uniformly so there are uneven shadows and random splotches of darkness and brightness within the passage. It is very dry inside this jagged passageway, and every once in a while a sharp wind shrilly blows through the crevice. While it isn't a cold wind, it stings as it carries with it tiny rocks that pelt any unprotected skin. As your party begins to traverse the passage, you realise it is actually set at an incline, so although the journey does not take too long (perhaps 40 minutes or so) it feels a lot longer, and the party is out of the breath by the end of it.

(Everyone in the party except for Lyle loses a small amount of HP going through the crevice.)

"Alright, we're here," Lyle says suddenly, and appears to drop out of sight. Hurrying up behind him, though, your party sees there are steps heading down at a steep gradient. Clara requires a bit of help from Robert to get down, and Cici helps Riese through (as Riese's hands are bound).

While you walk, you survey the danrir community and see that it slants along a mountain-side. Night has fallen and it is dark, but the village is illuminated with plenty of crystal lights - far stronger and larger than the ones in the narrow passageway you've just been through. This is a village built into the rock, and while the paths aren't quite treacherous, it's not very friendly terrain; the less athletic of your group wobbles slightly every few steps along the somewhat rocky and lumpy ground. Half the village is open to the sky, but the other half is covered by a curved rocky ceiling (dotted with crystal lights), like the village was built in a dent in the mountain.

This isn't a huge settlement, but there looks to be at least a good spread of seventy to eighty residences, not including other buildings. The homes and buildings here are structures of earthy clay and yellow stone, with neat slabs of reddish-brown roofs that look sun-baked. There are a lot of trees in the area, a few fringing the village by growing directly out of the rock, but they aren't lush spots of leafery but more like thin, brownish-green ferns and needles. Between a few of them, you can spy a few hammocks set up. There are sturdy looking barrels and crates stacked everywhere, locked into place next to each structure with ropes tied around and netted over them in complicated but neat networks.

"Lyle." Rico greets him from the bottom, her white ears twitching erratically and her sharp teeth biting down on her lip, consternation all over her face. "What took so long?"

"This." Lyle pulls Riese towards him by her arm, making her wince as his gesture is rough; she lets out a low hiss through her teeth and avoids Rico's gaze. "We found her skulkin' 'round, tryin' to follow us in. She knows somethin' 'bout this whole mess."

Rico's ears now snap still to attention, and she peers at Riese with narrow eyes.

"Go on then, take me in," Riese says suddenly, stepping forward and looking straight at Rico with a defiant (and somewhat wild-eyed) look. She shrugs at Lyle's look of surprise. "I just realised I'm not getting out of this one. I haven't done nothing wrong, so just go ahead and take me into custody. You can ask me all you want, though I haven't got much to tell."

[You can state how your character responds to this, though I will state upfront that no matter what happens, Riese is going into custody because she willingly wants to. You can probably guess why she does, though if you really want to stop her, you'll have to force your way. Clara will respond depending on your character choices.]




[Whatever you choose to do with Riese, Rico dismisses your party and takes Lyle (and Riese, if you allow her) with her. She asks Cici, Robert and Clara to wait at the community centre, and leaves to do other business, first. Clara looks tired, and excuses herself from Robert and Cici to have a minute on her own, and rest at what looks like a very quiet pub. She says she'll go to the community centre after a cup of tea.]

[The village is populated with plenty of Danrir. You can see the community centre way at the back of the village, slap up against the rock wall. On the way, besides residences, you can see something that looks like a smithy, a grocery, a general store and a variety of equipment stores. Besides the extraordnarily quiet pub, there is a brewery that sounds noisy and lively even from this distance, not too far from the community centre. It's late, but surprisingly a lot of places are still open, and there is a low hush of conversation in the air as the stinging wind continues to blow through the air every now and then.]

[At this point, you are aware of several issues: Rico's father appears to be missing, the Danrir are still looking for the culprit behind their missing supplies and there seems to be a lot of suspicion cast on the little Kijin boy they took into custody. There is a rogue guild involved, but they do not want their involvement to be known.]




GM: So now, Cici, Robert: what do you want to do? ;)
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top
 
CiciEnixa
Member Avatar
spartan muffin
Okay, so, I don't know how well this is going to go, but I actually want to try and talk to Rico.

"Miss Rico, before you take her away, there's something you need to know. The white-haired girl before? Please have people stop questioning her, it is VERY important. Lyle and Riese can both explain the situation. Also... I know this is serious business and it's difficult to trust anyone, but... please trust me when I say that Riese and the white-haired girl are not bad people, and you need to let them go. I take responsibility for anything that might happen, but I trust Riese. She has not done anything wrong, and she will cooperate, just let them both go after."
From Dust To Ruination, the webcomic with life lessons like 'Never hop into strangers' rides', 'Never forget your head's protection', and of course 'Never accept Magic Tour Dust from suspicious purple tour guides'.:muffin: :muffin: :muffin:
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top
 
Robert
Member Avatar
The Mentalist Little Bear
I decide that letting Cici do the pleading is wiser here, and say 'Clara, since we have that passage behind us, now would be a good time to go over things.'

Assuming she agrees, I note that we need to ensure three things are discussed. First, an apology as we know there were accusations falsely leveled against the Danrir about stolen supplies. Second, to note that a certain guild involved in kidnapping and slavery has been behind issues both at Kori and here. 'Hey, I wonder. Do you think their father got kidnapped?' *I blink at the thought.* 'I'm not sure we should say anything given how rashly they might act and the fact that we really don't know. Speculation is just that.' Third, to note that Riese is part of another guild investigating the particularly nasty guild in question.

'I'm pretty sure that they don't really want to hear too much out of me right now, so I'll let you handle it... and if you need support I'll be there.'
Edited by Robert, Feb 6 2016, 02:37 AM.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top
 
rufiangel
Member Avatar
final boss and pretent baby coco murderer
Rico puts her hands on her hips, looking shrewdly at Cici in response to her request.

"Why's it so 'important', exactly, that we stop questionin' the white-haired lady?" She asks, her voice a mix of defiance and curiousity.




Clara, in response to Robert, looks thoughtful at the mention of an apology.

"We don't know that the thief who took the supplies today is the same one who took our own in Kori," Clara says, but she doesn't sound argumentative, but contemplative. "You're probably right that it'd help smooth relations between us, though, if I go ahead and offer an apology first." She smiles wryly. "Don't have much more to lose, at this point."

At the suggestion of Alan being kidnapped, Clara frowns. "That's certainly a possibility, though like you said, it's still conjecture at this point. But I wouldn't rule it out. Something definitely seems to be targeting the peace of this particular community, and getting Alan out of the way would certainly help achieve that, besides the stealing of supplies..." She taps her chin in thought. "I wonder why Alan left the community for so long, in the first place? Did Rico mention he was investigating something...?"

At the mention of Riese, Clara nods grimly to acknowledge she understands the situation more clearly now.

At the end, she thanks Robert, sincerely, before heading off.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top
 
CiciEnixa
Member Avatar
spartan muffin
Okay, defiance and curiosity. Not as bad of a reaction as it could've been. "So, there's this charm on her that'll kill her if she talks, and... I think we can both agree that you guys do not want a surprise dead body here. But like I said, Lyle and Riese can explain the situation better, so please take my word for it until then."

OOC: I know she's probably not gonna spontaneously combust like I'm imagining (unless you're that cruel, rufi XD), but it'll have that kind of urgency to it.
From Dust To Ruination, the webcomic with life lessons like 'Never hop into strangers' rides', 'Never forget your head's protection', and of course 'Never accept Magic Tour Dust from suspicious purple tour guides'.:muffin: :muffin: :muffin:
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top
 
rufiangel
Member Avatar
final boss and pretent baby coco murderer
In response to Cici's explanation, Rico's eyes widen in surprise, her ears and tail twitching when she glances at Lyle and Riese. Lyle gives one curt nod, and says something shortly in Ninesian, which sounds rough but affirmative. Riese looks vaguely uncomfortable, and shoots Cici a furtive look, but otherwise bows her head in compliance when Rico demands to know if this is true.

"We have much to talk about, then," Rico says cuttingly, and gestures at Lyle to follow her with Riese in tow. The three of them head off, but just before she does, Rico pauses and glances back at Cici and Robert meaningfully. "Sorry I can't talk right now, but we'll talk later. Properly." And with that, she takes off.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top
 
Robert
Member Avatar
The Mentalist Little Bear
'Well, that didn't go as poorly as I dreaded. Nor as well as I could have wished... but not bad at all considering the situation.' I look over at Clara. 'This is quite the mess you have here. They deserve their reputation is seems.'
I then wait patiently, as I want to minimize drawing attention!
Edited by Robert, Feb 10 2016, 03:05 AM.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top
 
rufiangel
Member Avatar
final boss and pretent baby coco murderer
Clara has gone off to get her cup of tea at the low-key pub, leaving you both to stand a short distance away.

Will you look around, or will you head straight for the community centre where Rico asked you to wait?
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top
 
Robert
Member Avatar
The Mentalist Little Bear
*Slowly turns his head to see if Cici is even still there...*
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top
 
mjkj
Member Avatar
baby coco owner
Robert
Feb 11 2016, 01:53 AM
*Slowly turns his head to see if Cici is even still there...*
*lol* :lol: :D
  ~ mjkj ~  

baby coco owner :coco: :cocoeyes: :coco:
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top
 
CiciEnixa
Member Avatar
spartan muffin
Cici is already running up and down, searching for Salmon and ready to bust him out... Until she realizes she was just daydreaming about it and proceeds to snap out of it.

I guess we could potentially explore first since Clara and Rico won't be at the community center for a while, though not sure what we could do in the village other than try to get more info.
From Dust To Ruination, the webcomic with life lessons like 'Never hop into strangers' rides', 'Never forget your head's protection', and of course 'Never accept Magic Tour Dust from suspicious purple tour guides'.:muffin: :muffin: :muffin:
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top
 
Robert
Member Avatar
The Mentalist Little Bear
Yeah, I think it might be best to just make our way over nicely and not look for trouble. :D

Then again, we could always say that we are just saying hi to everybody on the way! XD
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top
 
Prayformercy
Member Avatar
brawny kijini Leo
Cici, I think you should ask yourself, what would bianca do? Then disguise yourself as robert and run up a tab at all the nearby restaurants.
'We must take sides. Neutrality helps the oppressor, never the victim. Silence encourages the tormentor, never the tormented. Sometimes we must interfere.'' Elie Wiesel

Posted Image
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top
 
CiciEnixa
Member Avatar
spartan muffin
Omg XD Somehow I don't think it would be very believable... then again, if it fails, I have a pretty good Intimidate...
From Dust To Ruination, the webcomic with life lessons like 'Never hop into strangers' rides', 'Never forget your head's protection', and of course 'Never accept Magic Tour Dust from suspicious purple tour guides'.:muffin: :muffin: :muffin:
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top
 
Lukkai
Member Avatar
master of shooting things (pew pew)
I wonder how Cici would react should she pass by an inn and see "Salmon Stew" on the menue.

Now of course it would be salmon as in the fish. But the first reaction might be... interesting.

Edit: And grats to reaching your third silva as well, Mercy!
Edited by Lukkai, Feb 12 2016, 05:21 AM.

I'm in it for the Goldras.Posted Image
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top
 
Robert
Member Avatar
The Mentalist Little Bear
OOC: Yeah, let's not give Cici any ideas on how to make the mission more difficult, okay? Anyway, I'll probably let Cici decide if she wants to go anywhere other than just to the meeting area... and try to keep it from being a disaster if possible! :P
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top
 
CiciEnixa
Member Avatar
spartan muffin
OOC: ... You realize letting me go wherever I want will result in me chainsawing the bars off of whatever cell they're keeping Salmon, right? XD

*checks options* Brewery seems like a really lively place. We could derp, listen to people gossiping... omg we could totally steal beer. That'll be useful in a fight, right? That or we can drink all the beer and hope it raises... will it raise Charisma and/or Diplomacy? Or we could give it to the guards and we could have better Persuasion so they let Salmon go okay okay I like this plan let's go get beer.

"TO THE BEER!"
From Dust To Ruination, the webcomic with life lessons like 'Never hop into strangers' rides', 'Never forget your head's protection', and of course 'Never accept Magic Tour Dust from suspicious purple tour guides'.:muffin: :muffin: :muffin:
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top
 
Robert
Member Avatar
The Mentalist Little Bear
CiciEnixa
Feb 12 2016, 06:09 PM
OOC: ... You realize letting me go wherever I want will result in me chainsawing the bars off of whatever cell they're keeping Salmon, right? XD

*checks options* Brewery seems like a really lively place. We could derp, listen to people gossiping... omg we could totally steal beer. That'll be useful in a fight, right? That or we can drink all the beer and hope it raises... will it raise Charisma and/or Diplomacy? Or we could give it to the guards and we could have better Persuasion so they let Salmon go okay okay I like this plan let's go get beer.

"TO THE BEER!"
*It would appear I will be half dragging, half guiding a drunk Cici to the meeting place, stopping several times for her to do what she must, while telling her sweet little stories about how Salmon is having so much fun with his warden-girlfriend...*
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top
 
rufiangel
Member Avatar
final boss and pretent baby coco murderer
XD Okay, beer it is!

Cici takes the lead and happily takes Robert with her towards the lively-sounding brewery. There are a couple of Danririn outside, one of them cradling a mug of something smoking and the other chewing a choco herb and listening to the other one moan. They both pause when two humans walk by them, but only for a moment before they continue on their one-sided conversation.

While it is cloaked in darkness outside, inside the establishment the crystal lights are bright and yellow, and the walls are a gradient shade of light brown at the tops to rusted red at the bottom. The tables are oblong, all scrubbed wood of soft yellow hues, and there are very neatly polished low crates and barrels placed in lieu of chairs. It's fairly crowded in here, so there are only two places you guys could sit - at a free table slap up against the wall furthest from the entrance, or at the two empty bar stools right at the bar.

Everyone here is a Danririn except for you two, and everyone gives you a glance and pauses from conversation before continuing on, though it is obviously they are curious. It's not like they are too surprised though; you can guess that maybe word had gotten around already about your likely arrival, somehow. Or maybe they're just not the type to ask questions? It's hard to tell without asking.

On the wall behind the bar, where a bartender is currently drawing beer from a barrel tap, you can see a black board with a hand-written menu in thick white Archaiean lettering. Or at least, you think it's a menu. It says:

White stuff ... 50 B
Red stuff ... 70 B
Black stuff ... 30 B
Golden stuff ... 25 B
Blue stuff ... 1 S

:...:

GM: Well, where do you guys want to sit, and what will you order? Robert, you have no monies, so... ask Cici nicely maybe? XD Orrr go without...
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top
 
1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · Adventuring 101 · Next Topic »
Add Reply