Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
For years now I have looked for a place on the Internet to warehouse or store my vast collection of trivia and other things, I have collected over the years about the soap opera genre. I have also looked for a place where not only the current soaps are loved but the history of the genre as well.

I have tried many places and even have ventured out into one MSN sites at one time, but at the time did not have enough time to devote to the site to get it off the ground. I have found many places that I enjoy discussing things, but whereas I love all soaps and honor all soaps they seem to put emphasis on certain soaps and ignore others. Or they have inane rules that only certain shows are soap operas and others are not.

I have debated for awhile now about venturing into another website, and just recently decided to go for it.

At SoapsWEB, I will report on the current happenings in daytime, but there will also be an emphasis on honoring the history of the soap opera genre from it's beginnings in radio to it's current incarnations in daytime and primetime television.

In the discussion area, I will have areas for current news, spoilers and episode discussion but discussion of the cancelled shows of yesterday will be intermingled.

I hope that you enjoy your stay here. I have decided at this point not to have censorship, and I hope that I can keep it that way. As long as the privilege is not abused, it will stay that way.

I look forward to getting to know all of you, and I hope that this will become one of your favorite spots to hang out.

Until recently access to the whole site has been open to guests as well as members. Due to some recent problems, certain areas of the site now require a membership. We are sorry for the inconvenience this might cause but look forward to getting to know you.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
The Coffee Clique; - the hangout post
Topic Started: 22 Jun 2008, 09:36 PM (1,926 Views)
SteveFrame
Member Avatar
Administrator

Some of my gay folks get to me. They have been praising the likes of Perez Hilton for the Miss California scandal and some other stuff he's done, but now that he goes after one of "their" own - they are all up in arms.

He has posted photos of straight performers trying to embarrass them over their sex tapes in the past and got all kinds of cheers but now that he has seemed to embarrass one of the gay community over a sex tape - it is all wrong.

I have never liked Perez and hate what he does. So I don't feel bad for calling him on this shit, but come on folks just because he embarrasses a fellow gay is not the reason he needs to go away. He just needs to go away period. What he does is wrong no matter who he does it too.
Posted Image
SoapsWEB Founder

Posted Image

One glass of tequila is good. Two's better. Three's - Hey, where did my pants go?

Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Grandpa Hughes
Member Avatar

Happy Belated Birthday, Steve! I somehow missed that!
If I Could You Know That I Would Fly Away With You!

Grandpa Hughes
Member Avatar

And I TOTALLY agree about that bottom feeder(no pun intended) Perez Hilton! Shut the fuck UP already, Mary!!
If I Could You Know That I Would Fly Away With You!

SteveFrame
Member Avatar
Administrator

Damn I can't win for losing these days. First I get spring fever. Then i get a bad case of burnout. All of it gets me behind. Today I had big plans of getting caught up. Then my son comes over with a big history project that he has (he is in college this summer taking early credits). We spent 2 hours on a project that was done on a website through the college. At the end of it my Internet crashes and there is no damn way to save anything on the Internet so we lost all 2 hours.

Then I spent 55 minutes on technical support with the cable company only to find out that something is wrong with the wires at the pole outside my house - something probably happened in a storm we had today. They can't come fix it until tomorrow which means my Internet will just come and go until then.

I give up. LOL
Posted Image
SoapsWEB Founder

Posted Image

One glass of tequila is good. Two's better. Three's - Hey, where did my pants go?

mineralfairy
Member Avatar

We had some pretty wicked weather here in N.Texas last Wednesday...winds clocked at 73mph, a tornado warning, power outage that lasted 5 hours. Neighbor lost 2 trees. Some residents here were without power until Sunday night. I ended up calling electrical provider...power kept popping off and on into Monday and Tuesday. It was sporatic at first...they came out Wednesday--we had damage to a junction at their lines in our backyard. All is now well!!

and a happy belated birthday, Steve!!! :hbday:

SteveFrame
Member Avatar
Administrator

Thanks mineral.

Glad you are okay.

We had bad weather for 4 days straight this week, and then that turned into record highs. The heat index is near 110 here today.
Posted Image
SoapsWEB Founder

Posted Image

SteveFrame
Member Avatar
Administrator

I don't know if any will end up over here, but the friends have really come to SoapsWEB on Facebook today.

Since 8:00 a.m. this morning I have 52 friend requests and added all of them. Plus a few I requested myself.

Oh does anyone know why some people create Facebook pages using the stars name. I understand the character ones sometimes, but why do they use the stars name?

I know that I added Billy Miller when I first got on and then the other day Navell Lee found out that it is not really Billy Miller but someone else pretending to be Billy.

Are any of the stars in on this?

I have a lot of stars request to be friends today. Are they possibly not real? Just wondering. Some of them you can tell it is the real star.

Brian Gaskill has been one of the friendliest I have met since I got Facebook. Real Andrews has been really friendly too.
Posted Image
SoapsWEB Founder

Posted Image

SteveFrame
Member Avatar
Administrator

A little joke to lighten your day:

Old Chips
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

After sixty years of marriage an elderly couple were enjoying the evening, swinging on the front porch and looking at the beautiful sunset. After a few minutes the ol' lady reaches over and knocks the hell out of the ol' man who goes flying off the porch and into the bushes.

The ol' man slowly gets up and makes his way back to his seat next to his wife on the swing. He sits there for a few minutes and then asks, "What was that for, Ma?" She replies: "That's for having such a small pecker!"

A few more minutes go by and the ol' man reaches over and knocks the hell out of his wife, who also goes flying off the porch and into the bushes. She slowly gets up and makes her way back to her seat next to Pa. She sits there a minute and then asks, "What was that for, Pa?" He replies, "That's for knowing there was more than one size."

Posted Image
SoapsWEB Founder

Posted Image

SteveFrame
Member Avatar
Administrator

Another Joke To Brighten Your Day:

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

Posted Image
SoapsWEB Founder

Posted Image

SteveFrame
Member Avatar
Administrator

I am more upset with TV Land than I have ever been. I don't even know if I will ever watch it again.

Farrah Fawcett was a TV Star and instead of giving her a Special Marathon and Tribute on TV Land - the network that is supposed to celebrate TV they give it to Michael Jackson.

Farrah Fawcett got 2 episodes of Charlie's Angels aired in the early morning without even a mention of it being in tribute to her.
Posted Image
SoapsWEB Founder

Posted Image

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
« Previous Topic · The Welcome Center · Next Topic »
Add Reply

SoapsWEB Recommends:

We Love SoapsSoapHunks.netMarlena De Lacroix

Theme created by BloodPheasant741 of the ZetaBoards Theme Zone.

Site Meter