Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
For years now I have looked for a place on the Internet to warehouse or store my vast collection of trivia and other things, I have collected over the years about the soap opera genre. I have also looked for a place where not only the current soaps are loved but the history of the genre as well.

I have tried many places and even have ventured out into one MSN sites at one time, but at the time did not have enough time to devote to the site to get it off the ground. I have found many places that I enjoy discussing things, but whereas I love all soaps and honor all soaps they seem to put emphasis on certain soaps and ignore others. Or they have inane rules that only certain shows are soap operas and others are not.

I have debated for awhile now about venturing into another website, and just recently decided to go for it.

At SoapsWEB, I will report on the current happenings in daytime, but there will also be an emphasis on honoring the history of the soap opera genre from it's beginnings in radio to it's current incarnations in daytime and primetime television.

In the discussion area, I will have areas for current news, spoilers and episode discussion but discussion of the cancelled shows of yesterday will be intermingled.

I hope that you enjoy your stay here. I have decided at this point not to have censorship, and I hope that I can keep it that way. As long as the privilege is not abused, it will stay that way.

I look forward to getting to know all of you, and I hope that this will become one of your favorite spots to hang out.

Until recently access to the whole site has been open to guests as well as members. Due to some recent problems, certain areas of the site now require a membership. We are sorry for the inconvenience this might cause but look forward to getting to know you.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Check All That Apply
1. The site is fine just as it is. Please continue. 9 (34.6%)
2. The site is fine, but I am just not that interested in the history of soaps. 2 (7.7%)
3. The site is okay, but if you would make a few changes like (list below) it could be better. 0 (0%)
4. The site's layout is too confusing for me. 2 (7.7%)
5. The site would be better without the following forums (list below). 0 (0%)
6. The site would be better if the following forums were combined (list below). 0 (0%)
7. I do not like the projects (i.e. The Webbie Awards, Top 300 Couples, etc.) 0 (0%)
8. I love the projects. Please do more. 6 (23.1%)
9. I wish you had more current stuff esp. spoilers posted. 2 (7.7%)
10. The site has way too much stuff that I feel overwhelmed by it all. Cut back on the updates for awhile. 0 (0%)
11. The site doesn't have enough stuff about the shows I love. Please post more about: (list below) 0 (0%)
12. The site has a lot of stuff but I have seen it all before. So nothing new. 0 (0%)
13. Other: Please list below 0 (0%)
14. The site could disappear tomorrow and I would miss it a great deal. 5 (19.2%)
15. The site could disappear tomorrow and I wouldn't care one bit. 0 (0%)
Total Votes: 26
The SoapsWEB Census; - Tell Us What You Think of the site.
Topic Started: 2 Dec 2008, 02:31 AM (890 Views)
SteveFrame
Member Avatar
Administrator

Please check any or all of the 15 above that apply and list any comments below.

I really want to build the site up for you but if there are things that you do not like and an overall majority feel that way then we may stop those and just concentrate on the things everyone wants.

I also would like to esp. know if there is anything in this world I can do to inspire more to comment. Or is there something that I am doing that is preventing people from commenting.

This is just as much your site as it is mine. Please let me know what can be done to make it more enjoyable for you.

Please everyone take the time to answer the following questions as well:

1) I don't post that much on SoapsWEB because ___________________________________

2) My favorite forum or forums on SoapsWEB are:

3) My least favorite forum or fourms on SoapsWEB are:

4) My favorite project that SoapsWEB did this last year was:

5) SoapsWEB could get rid of the following section(s), and I would not miss them.

6) If SoapsWEB got rid of the following section(s), I would be so mad.

Please note that the Individual forums at the bottom of the SoapsWEB main page are being down away with. All of them are being incorporated into The Archives to cut down on confusion and to cut down on the number of forums and the length of the main page.

Thanks so much for your help with this.

Steve

Posted Image
SoapsWEB Founder

Posted Image

One glass of tequila is good. Two's better. Three's - Hey, where did my pants go?

Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Gilbert
Member Avatar

1) I don't post that much on SoapsWEB because I just don't have the time as I once did. Plus with some stuff I am not as knowledgeable as others so I just cruise and learn.

2) My favorite forum or forums on SoapsWEB are: any of the awards ones as I knew nothing about them; the profiles section; articles

3) My least favorite forum or fourms on SoapsWEB are: none that I can think off because I learn from all of them

4) My favorite project that SoapsWEB did this last year was: The Webbie Awards

5) SoapsWEB could get rid of the following section(s), and I would not miss them. None that I can think of right now.

6) If SoapsWEB got rid of the following section(s), I would be so mad.

The SOD synopsis section esp. since I learn a lot of 70's stories there. But really all of them. If any disappeared I would miss them.

Posted Image

Amello
Member Avatar

I voted simply for the site to stay exactly the way it is!

Grandpa Hughes
Member Avatar

I agree with Amello! I have no complaints about the current format and I really enjoy the site as it is. The only reason that I haven't been posting daily is because of time constraints.
If I Could You Know That I Would Fly Away With You!

southrnbygrace
Member Avatar

1) I don't post that much on SoapsWEB because I simply don't have enough hours in the day. Just as others have said, it isn't that I don't want to post. It's just that sometime all I have time for is a quick browse.

2) My favorite forum or forums on SoapsWEB are: SoapDish, Memories and Questions and Death Notices (does that make me strange? LOL)

3) My least favorite forum or fourms on SoapsWEB are: The one I visit the least is the End Credits...I'm just not that into directors, producers, etc

4) My favorite project that SoapsWEB did this last year was: 300 Best Couples

5) SoapsWEB could get rid of the following section(s), and I would not miss them. I think all the forums are good to have. Something I'm not interested in may possibly be something that the next person thinks is the best part of the board.

6) If SoapsWEB got rid of the following section(s), I would be so mad. I doubt I'd get mad, but I really would miss the Death Notice section. I like being able to pay tribute to the great actors of the past that have passed on.

I'd also like to say that I think this board is amazing. I wish I had found it much sooner than I did....
Posted Image

Banner by gleam

SteveFrame
Member Avatar
Administrator

Thanks for the kind remarks guys and gals - and a special thanks to all of you for taking the time to participate in this.

And Becki it doesn't make you strange that you enjoy the death notices. I really enjoy them alot too and they are usually in the Top 10 forums each month or at least part of the individual years are. I am hoping after the first of the year to get a subscription to the old newspaper archive on the Internet and I will be able to pull obits from various magazines on the stars that I don't have now.

I already have a bunch of others that I have just not gotten posted yet. Hopefully soon I can get them up.

Posted Image
SoapsWEB Founder

Posted Image

One glass of tequila is good. Two's better. Three's - Hey, where did my pants go?

Grandpa Hughes
Member Avatar

My mother started just reading the obits and the Tv page in the local paper several years ago. I don't think it's just something that older people do and it isn't strange. It's good information to know who we've lost so we can remember them and sometimes pay tribute in some way. I know some of the recent deaths of "current" regulars and writers have appeared in a lot of forums but we don't hear too much about former stars such as Ed Mallory. I use him as an example because, even though he passed a couple of years back, I was shocked to hear of his death by a fellow poster on a message board a while after his death. He was such a popular performer at one time and it seemed strange to not read more tributes. There may have been some bits in the soap magazines but I didn't hear of it. There was a rumor that Marla Adams had passed away about a year ago which thankfully was false as we saw her on Y&R recently looking great. It's just an important resource IMO.
If I Could You Know That I Would Fly Away With You!

katjaye12
No Avatar

1) I don't post that much on SoapsWEB because __Frankly, I'm so active on a number of other boards, I just don't have the time. I totally respect what you are doing here, but my interest is almost completely AMC and Zendall, so I don't get that interested in the other stuff._(but I love the fact that you are doing this.)______________________________

2) My favorite forum or forums on SoapsWEB are: Polls

4) My favorite project that SoapsWEB did this last year was: the favorite couples poll

Different Strokes
Member Avatar

1) I don't post that much on SoapsWEB because I had lost my username and password...LOL

2) My favorite forum or forums on SoapsWEB are: I dont know yet. Still checking out the board.

3) My least favorite forum or fourms on SoapsWEB are: Same as above

4) My favorite project that SoapsWEB did this last year was: Dont know

5) SoapsWEB could get rid of the following section(s), and I would not miss them. Dont know yet

6) If SoapsWEB got rid of the following section(s), I would be so mad. The sexy pics of Steve...hehe...haha :wink:

morlock sevigny
No Avatar

1) I don't post that much on SoapsWEB because I a) don't have the time b)spend a lot of time reading what is already there

2) My favorite forum or forums on SoapsWEB are:Memories & Questions SOD synopses....really all of them have something of interest at one time or another.The Daytime Tv articles have been enjoyable and I have learned new stuff.

3) My least favorite forum or fourms on SoapsWEB are: campaign headquarters - just not for me

4) My favorite project that SoapsWEB did this last year was:300 couples was a good one

5) SoapsWEB could get rid of the following section(s), and I would not miss them.Nothing really

6) If SoapsWEB got rid of the following section(s), I would be so mad. My favorites (see above)

Steve,you do a fantastic job with this site.It really must be a big time committment for you,I hope it is a labor of love!
The important thing is that it is one place where information is archived and accessible-other sites have good stuff but it disappears over time.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · The Welcome Center · Next Topic »
Add Reply

SoapsWEB Recommends:

We Love SoapsSoapHunks.netMarlena De Lacroix

Theme created by BloodPheasant741 of the ZetaBoards Theme Zone.

Site Meter