Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
For years now I have looked for a place on the Internet to warehouse or store my vast collection of trivia and other things, I have collected over the years about the soap opera genre. I have also looked for a place where not only the current soaps are loved but the history of the genre as well.

I have tried many places and even have ventured out into one MSN sites at one time, but at the time did not have enough time to devote to the site to get it off the ground. I have found many places that I enjoy discussing things, but whereas I love all soaps and honor all soaps they seem to put emphasis on certain soaps and ignore others. Or they have inane rules that only certain shows are soap operas and others are not.

I have debated for awhile now about venturing into another website, and just recently decided to go for it.

At SoapsWEB, I will report on the current happenings in daytime, but there will also be an emphasis on honoring the history of the soap opera genre from it's beginnings in radio to it's current incarnations in daytime and primetime television.

In the discussion area, I will have areas for current news, spoilers and episode discussion but discussion of the cancelled shows of yesterday will be intermingled.

I hope that you enjoy your stay here. I have decided at this point not to have censorship, and I hope that I can keep it that way. As long as the privilege is not abused, it will stay that way.

I look forward to getting to know all of you, and I hope that this will become one of your favorite spots to hang out.

Until recently access to the whole site has been open to guests as well as members. Due to some recent problems, certain areas of the site now require a membership. We are sorry for the inconvenience this might cause but look forward to getting to know you.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
SoapsWEB Closing
Topic Started: 19 Jul 2009, 08:20 PM (1,814 Views)
SteveFrame
Member Avatar
Administrator

It is with a deep personal sense of loss and failure that I announce that SoapsWEB will officially go offline Friday, July 24.

I have chosen that date as to give the SOFFnet Writers time to get their stuff off if they need it. And to give contributors like Morlock time to get stuff off if they need it.

I have been fighting burnout for a month now. For awhile things looked up and I thought it was going to get better. Then slowly over the last few weeks we have all time lows in posts and views to many of the areas of the site. SOFFnet which was promising has virtually died and no matter what I do there it doesn't pick back up either.

When I try to stop certain areas of the site I get lots of PMs and Email about it but then it never picks up.

Over the last few weeks my health has been taking even more turns and that accompanied with the burnout has just robbed me of the desire to work on the site for now.

For the faithful posters I apologize for not sticking with it. For the staff members and volunteers who have come along I appreciate all you did. And I wish things had worked out better.

I am going to take a few days or a few weeks off and then I am going to go back a blog type format on blogger. I will share my daytime history stuff there as I feel like it, and I will also be moving my series to that area.

I will be setting that up in a few days, and I will post it on the site so that those who want to find me and my stuff can. For those that have followed my series I know that From These Roots will definitely be continuing there. I am not sure about the others. I will see how things go.

I will continue to be around on Facebook and will keep informed there of the stuff on my new blogger site. The blogger site will have history stuff but it will not be as detailed as what I attempted here.

Steve
Posted Image
SoapsWEB Founder

Posted Image

One glass of tequila is good. Two's better. Three's - Hey, where did my pants go?

Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

GordonParkhurst
Member Avatar

I hope you are doing OK- I know this was a hard decision for you.

Gordon
"If I'd been a ranch, they would have named me the Bar Nothing"

James
No Avatar

I'm so saddened by this news. I spent more time here in the past week than I ever have.

I know it was a hard decision. Hope you get some time for yourself and to do some healing.

Rick
Member Avatar

Steve, I am sorry to hear about your health issues and the closing of SoapsWEB. I know you put your heart and soul into it.

Grandpa Hughes
Member Avatar

It really is heart breaking! Take care of yourself and thank you for everything you did here!
If I Could You Know That I Would Fly Away With You!

chellebrown
No Avatar
CHOOSE LIFE

I feel this is partly my fault because lately I
haven't been here very much.
FWIW, I know how it feels to close a site.
I also understand that right now you need to
concentrate on your health, but I'd like to suggest
that instead of closing, you put this site on hiatus.
HUGS!
Rochelle
Quote:

CHOOSE LIFE

Rochelle's ANOTHER WORLD Fan Fiction
Priests For Life

Grandpa Hughes
Member Avatar

I know I've already said my "goodbyes" but this is a sad day for me and I'm sure for others! I think a lot of people stopped posting in the past couple of days because they knew the site was closing! I will miss this very special site like crazy! I want to thank Steve and Gilbert and everyone who worked to make this such a special place! I was never really clear on who did what in the beginning and we got a whole lot of new staff members in recent days so I'm not excluding anyone! I even got to give one last welcome last night when we got a new member! I'll never forget this site and the rich history preserved here! I learned things, I got to wax nostalgic, have fun and have meaningful discussions with posters who know the genre and want to keep it's past and it's future alive! God Bless You, Steve, for this project and for being a great guy with strong opinions but never scorn for those who didn't share them! I'm looking forward to the blog and more than anything, I hope you enjoy good health in the future!
If I Could You Know That I Would Fly Away With You!

FrenchFan
No Avatar

I feel so guilty for not posting more now that the website is closing. Work, private life, everything...but I kept reading it and I'm very saddened. Thanks for what you've done Steve.

SteveFrame
Member Avatar
Administrator

Thanks Joe and Cedric.

It means a lot to know so many enjoyed the site. I hope that you guys will come by and enjoy the blog from time to time and say hi.

http://tunentomorrow.blogspot.com/?zx=1f1fb969ad43e3cb

Steve
Posted Image
SoapsWEB Founder

Posted Image

One glass of tequila is good. Two's better. Three's - Hey, where did my pants go?

ReddFoxx
No Avatar

I wanted to stop in and say thanks for providing this site for the time you did, I enjoyed participating in the SOFF Awards. I do understand that running a forum can be hard work, I've done it before myself and it wasn't cakewalk. Good luck with your new blog, I'll be reading it.
Edited by ReddFoxx, 24 Jul 2009, 11:05 AM.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · The Welcome Center · Next Topic »
Add Reply

SoapsWEB Recommends:

We Love SoapsSoapHunks.netMarlena De Lacroix

Theme created by BloodPheasant741 of the ZetaBoards Theme Zone.

Site Meter