|Welcome to Tu1. We hope you enjoy your visit.|
You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.
Join our community!
If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:
|Tips for Undead trial Members; All aspiring Undead members read this.|
|Topic Started: Jan 6 2011, 10:29 AM (260 Views)|
|Undeadurza||Jan 6 2011, 10:29 AM Post #1|
After being accepted, all new members will be put on trial. During this "roughly" two week period, you will be able to attend most events and have regular access to the forums - the catch is that we'll watch over how you are doing. The clan Council will be discussing (you won't be able to view this, sorry) and trying to determine whether or not you should be accepted.
I don't expect many members to fail their trials, but I advise you all to be on best behavior, first impressions mean a lot.
Tips for Trial Members:
- Make sure you try to come to some events during your trial. If for some reason you're going to find it hard to come to events, tell us. If you won't be able to use the site or play RuneScape for the duration of your trial, you will be deleted at the end of it - but don't worry, you can always repost your application and promise to be more active (you might be viewed as flakey during your trial, though).
- Keep active on the forums with meaningful posts. During your two weeks, 10 posts would be a rough average of what I would expect from everyone. If you post more, great, just don't turn it into spam - unless it's in the SP@M forum. If it is spam, and not in the correct forum, it's more than likely someone will post that on your trial thread, meaning you have a negative comment under your name - plus, you'd be breaking an Undead rule.
- Obey all rules. Breaking any Jagex/Undead rules is likely to get you kicked out before the end of your trial. Make sure you have read all our rules, they are there for a reason.
- Be sociable. People are more likely to like you if you're friendly and easy to talk with. Feel free to hold jokes with clan members Just try to include yourself into the Undead group as quickly as possible. On the other hand, don't try arguing too much about clan stuff with more experienced members of the Undead - very often, you'll be wrong and embarrassed and less likely to get positive reviews during your trial.
- Put in the effort. This is essentially what we look for in clan members. If I, or anyone else senses that you're not interested in being here, it will hinder your chances of being accepted. You either want to be here and have a great time, or you don't. There's no middle option.
- Put in what you want to get out of this. If you really want to be here, come to events, get to know everyone, and I guarantee you will love it. Put in a lot of effort and you'll get the rewards.
- Add people in-game using our Members List in the "Undead Important Information" forum. A great opportunity is at Events, make sure everyone there adds you. But, don't leave it there - shortly after, start talking to them! Be enthusiastic, friendly, and mature. Remember, if you make a good impression with certain individuals, it's likely they're going to say great things about you.
- Make yourself familiar with the navigation and options on this site. If you have any questions (how to get a signature, and so on), PM anyone in Council.
- Impress us in general. Remember, you are the one on trial. Unfortunately for you, it means you'll need to impress us. All we want is two good weeks from you, after that you'll be included into our setup. Then you can judge other trial members, and help us weed out the good from the bad.
Edited by Auron 39, Mar 8 2012, 05:36 PM.
|« Previous Topic · Rules & Requirements · Next Topic »|