Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to The Lightweb, just another of these general community forums. We are rather different to all the others so have a browse, or join our growing circle of friends if you wish. Whoever you are, I will look forward seeing you :smile:

Username:   Password:
Multiquote Multiquote Inactive
Add Reply
Finland is ranked 'happiest country'
Topic Started: 15 Mar 2018, 10:06 PM (112 Views)
Bry.
Member Avatar
The Gaffer

Quote:

This year's happiest place on Earth is Finland, according to an annual UN report - toppling Norway from the top spot.

The World Happiness Report measures "subjective well-being" - how happy people feel they are, and why.

Nordic countries regularly appear in the top five, while war-hit countries and a number in sub-Saharan Africa regularly appear in the bottom five.
Source: http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-43414145

As if there's enough reasons as to why Finland's so great, from saunas to the mysteries of Lapland. Now, it had been named the happiest place on Earth, topping Norway from last year's results. From someone who has had a big interest in the country for so long, just that alone makes me want to go there right now. Really :O Although, I remembered that Denmark took the top position years back and even so, it's always the Nordic countries that are taking the lead and I wonder why. Well, there are secrets as to why all its people are so happy and if we can be like them.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Sasha
Member Avatar
Regular
Norway will take it back mark my words. ;D

MegaphoneStallone
Member Avatar
My Ban Is Overdue.
And it was Denmark not long ago...
Hmmmm. Always a Scandinavian country...Despite their lack of sunlight and abundance of pickled fish.

Soopairik
Homebody
MegaphoneStallone
5 Apr 2018, 12:28 AM
And it was Denmark not long ago...
Hmmmm. Always a Scandinavian country...Despite their lack of sunlight and abundance of pickled fish.
Also very liberal countries. Hmmm...

Paul
Homebody
Surprised Sweden isn't higher.

Malawi also. Seen their netballers play, jolly bunch of girls they are. 147th surprises me a bit.

Caroline
Visitor
Paul
17 Apr 2018, 05:47 AM
Surprised Sweden isn't higher.

Malawi also. Seen their netballers play, jolly bunch of girls they are. 147th surprises me a bit.
Sweden has some political problems right now, it isn't great for them at the moment.

Finland is a surprise to me. If you have met a Finnish person they don't seem very happy from my experience. :lol: Norway will be at the top again soon. :giggle:

Bry.
Member Avatar
The Gaffer

Caroline
17 Apr 2018, 09:11 AM
Sweden has some political problems right now, it isn't great for them at the moment.
I knew that handling immigration was their main issue as from what I've read, they were too lenient of welcoming migrants in. And then after that this happened.

Well even so, I hope they can pull things together along with other things wrong with it. A shame really because, I've always wanted to visit there one day :(

Caroline
Visitor
It's also now got the highest rape rate in Europe the last time I checked. People there are not happy about the way their country has been handled at all. It's a shame, and hopefully it can be as safe as it once was there, or else people are going to show their anger one day :(

Bry.
Member Avatar
The Gaffer

Like the "Sword Killer" or worse, Anders Behring Breivik.

Paul
Homebody
Didn't know that about Sweden, just going by past experience all their people seem so bubbly and vibrant.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · Current Affairs · Next Topic »
Add Reply

Affiliates - Please take a bit of extra time to check out our partners:

The Coffee House Universal Gaming FunJoint Bethea's Byte

Anti-Spam Bots!

Theme created by Nilla